Mica333

Effect on Visa Immigration after the unfortunate and horrific San Bernardino shootings (edited title, merged threads)

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any comments as to what the outcome for K1 Visa Filers will be after this weeks events.

The woman who committed the horrible MURDERS came here on a K1 Visa. I'm sure the CO took extra consideration as to her age, and being of the correct child bearing years, cultural match and for sure her fiancee had the intent to marry her. I'm sure each and every one of their family members knew and supported this engagement when they took her cell phone at the embassy, or she probably didnt even carry one, The smart ones know how not to get caught in this system and get in evey time. (Some get in some of the time, but not all get in all of the time.) So the intnetion was to get married .as well as buy WEAPONS together in this country, The USA Sold this woman a GUN (Perhaps at a gun shop, perhaps at a gun show, perhaps an individual did, not the USA ) several guns! to kill innocent people. Innocent US Citizens, Way to go CO. (Yeah right.) ###### just got real...And I cannot think of a better example of how incompetent these CO's are. And the whole system. (CO's are the first line of defense...like it or leave it...and they're human and fallible, but still not at fault) This may put a freeze on K1 Visas all together,,,for us innocent people who want to marry our loved ones. Wondering how everyone is feeling about this. I would hope as angry as I am.

Thanks for reading.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi All,

First of all I want to sympathize with the families of the victims of the horrific San Bernardino shootings. I am from Pakistan and my interview (K1 case) is scheduled in a couple of weeks. I want to ask if the San Bernardino shootings will in any way effect K1 visas from Pakistan. Will they start putting K1 visas in AP since one of the shooters was Pakistani who went on K1 visa to US? My fiancee and I are now really worried if that would effect cases from Pakistan and our case. Any legal expect's opinion would really be helpful.

Thanks.

Do you condemn the shootings? I only ask because many from Pakistan have not, only sympathize. Just curious

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had any comments as to what the outcome for K1 Visa Filers will be after this weeks events.

The woman who committed the horrible MURDERS came here on a K1 Visa. I'm sure the CO took extra consideration as to her age, and being of the correct child bearing years, cultural match and for sure her fiancee had the intent to marry her. I'm sure each and every one of their family members knew and supported this engagement when they took her cell phone at the embassy, or she probably didnt even carry one, The smart ones know how not to get caught in this system and get in evey time. So the intnetion was to get married .as well as buy WEAPONS together in this country, The USA Sold this woman a GUN several guns! to kill innocent people. Innocent US Citizens, Way to go CO. ###### just got real...And I cannot think of a better example of how incompetent these CO's are. And the whole system. This may put a freeze on K1 Visas all together,,,for us innocent people who want to marry our loved ones. Wondering how everyone is feeling about this. I would hope as angry as I am.

Thanks for reading.

well question for you here!! how do you know your fiance isnt going to do same thing when she/he is here and just because someone came here on K1 visa dont mean anything !! why are you blaming CO when he or she was just doing their job as everyone else !! i know its going to be a lot of topics on this but in reality your next door neighboor could be one of them so lets not make this any bigger than thia already is!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The woman who committed the horrible MURDERS came here on a K1 Visa. I'm sure the CO took extra consideration as to her age, and being of the correct child bearing years, cultural match and for sure her fiancee had the intent to marry her. I'm sure each and every one of their family members knew and supported this engagement when they took her cell phone at the embassy, or she probably didnt even carry one, The smart ones know how not to get caught in this system and get in evey time. So the intnetion was to get married .as well as buy WEAPONS together in this country, The USA Sold this woman a GUN several guns! to kill innocent people. Innocent US Citizens, Way to go CO. ###### just got real...And I cannot think of a better example of how incompetent these CO's are. And the whole system. This may put a freeze on K1 Visas all together,,,for us innocent people who want to marry our loved ones. Wondering how everyone is feeling about this. I would hope as angry as I am.

Thanks for reading.

Mica,

I have been very sand and depressed because the terrible killing of innocent people and thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims.

K1 Visa or any other kind of visa investigation process kicks off once uscis received the petion and in an automated process more than 30 federal agencies received the data of the petitioner and the beneficiary and once all the systems find nothing then only petition get approved. This process is for all the applicants if someone is from UK, Canada , India or from Iran, Pakistan etc. Pakistan is in the list of country of interest and once applicant's visa approved at the embassy it goes again through these system check and huge number of applicants from country of interest physical file go to each of these agencies where an officer manually check and verify and once all is good then only candidate gets the visa in hand.

Only thing that I could think may change is the 'AP' process for female candidates since as of now manual AP only applicable to male candidates between the age of 21-45 from the countries of interest. This change was already in discussion even before the last weeks terrible event and there is a chance that manual AP may be applicable for the candidates from all countries. This is the only immediate solution to make this country safer. You may already that France and Belgium were not countries of interest.

I think people with fiances and spouses from Pakistan and other countries have good reason to be worried. We are just now getting ready to file for our CR1 after knowing each other for 5 years. It's already difficult to bring someone here from some countries, and most get AP, of course. I think, in general, it's easier to bring a woman here from certain countries (and before anyone asks for stats, no, I don't have any. I just know lots of people who have been involved with visas). It just seems that the world has become a bigger and bigger mess that can only hurt those wanting to bring loved ones here. It wasn't easy trying to get married there in Pakistan either. I worry that my husband's travel history with his job will also hurt us. He has had to start over with a different business because people are afraid to travel to many places that he took his tour groups. At our ages (he's 50, I'm 64), we don't have lots of time to waste. That's what makes me so sad.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Do you condemn the shootings? I only ask because many from Pakistan have not, only sympathize. Just curious

Please don't give a negative spin to her honest comments.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Please don't give a negative spin to her honest comments.

Okay. no condemnation. no problem. Just verifying. All positive. :thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh so happy to hear you have such great confidence in the CO. Shame on YOU. Talk to me once you get denied.

Have a nice day!!!

Be careful what you ask for. The CO is only one layer. What about the USCIS Adjudicator who approved your Fiance's initial petition? Are you not going to blame him/her as well? What are you asking for? Do you want all CO's to be more strict and more stringent? This could lead to very long delays or even out right denials of Fiancee visas that otherwise might have been approved for legitimate law abiding couples. As far as we know this is the first time in 100 years that something like this happened from a K-1 Visa.

I see that a lot of people do not talk about the petitioner an american citizen participated too in the shooting and was radicalized, so that means to me that the problem about terrorism it's inside of America too, it's not only about immigrants that follow the Islam religion. I guess we need see further before blame the CO or the authorities that granted to the wife the K-1 visa before they got married and granted her green card.

So here is my question, and I ask apologies in advance If somebody get offended (muslim or not): is it easy for american citizens that follow the Islam religion get radicalized so easy to the point to commit crimes against their american fellows? Because that's an scary thought not matter what.

It is so easy for a muslim woman have that influence over her husband or vice versa to commit that kind of crimes?

Regards.

M.

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.