3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So did you call them and give them your email address? And when can you contact them after noa2?

I never called or contacted them, I am guessing they got from USCIS somehow as I never made any contact. I had an email drafted to send them at the exact moment I was going to hit send I received an email from them with a PDF that included my case number and instructions on how to proceed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Good to know, keep us updated!

Guy today was a bit more helpful, and a lot nicer. Didn't ask for my alien registration number (even though I had about 20 PDFs open and ready with everything I sent to them), just name address and receipt number. He said the same line as the tier 1 guys - that they can't do anything before 6 months, but he can check to see where they are processing wise for my "type" or case - and that was January 8th. I asked how come others - on the forums (not that i would ever enter other receipt numbers to check :lol: ) - get theirs in 2-3 months, and basically he said it differs from case to case what type of category they go in. So if you're in the unlucky bucket with me... hang in there. Government employees are working.

Since they are on January 8th right now and we are on July 6th, I guess they are 2 days ahead of the 6 month mark. Procrastination level: Government.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Don't know if this will help anyone here, but my I-130 Petition that was received on May 12th at the Potomoc Service center was approved yesterday July 6th in less than 2 months.

In hunting down other cases numbers before mine, there are many many that were received on May 12th and before that still have not been approved. Not sure why mine was handled so quickly.

Good luck to all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Don't know if this will help anyone here, but my I-130 Petition that was received on May 12th at the Potomoc Service center was approved yesterday July 6th in less than 2 months

In hunting down other cases numbers before mine, there are many many that were received on May 12th and before that still have not been approved. Not sure why mine was handled so quickly.

Great to know. Congratulations on the approval and best of luck in the next stage.

Edited by Maa3110

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi I was filling for i-130 in January and in February 3 my case status was (my case was receved on 02/03/2016 I just checked it now after almost 5 months it changed to (my correspondence was received and uscis reviewing it )in June 30 we received your correspondence for form i-130 and uscis reviewing it.

I don't know what correspondence thy were received ?and who send correspondence to them ?because me and my wife didn't send any correspondence to them

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi I was filling for i-130 in January and in February 3 my case status was (my case was receved on 02/03/2016 I just checked it now after almost 5 months it changed to (my correspondence was received and uscis reviewing it )in June 30 we received your correspondence for form i-130 and uscis reviewing it.

I don't know what correspondence thy were received ?and who send correspondence to them ?because me and my wife didn't send any correspondence to them

I would simply call the USCIS, explain your predicament, and see what the issue is.

I sent my I-130 to RapidVisa (who I used to help me through the entire process), they sent our petition in after reviewing it; it was received at the USCIS on May 12th and was immediately assigned to the Potomac Service Center. It was approved on July 6; we are now awaiting notification from the NVC with our case # to begin moving forward toward the interview after we send in our documents and pay our fees. Once again, we send our documents to RapidVisa who reviews them for accuracy and appropriateness...then they send it to the NVC for us.

Edited by uab1969

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So I just got an update on my I130 case "Case Transferred to Another Office" for processing. Ugg! Everyone around my petition has been approved or is moving along further than that. It says the reason will be explained in a Notice (assuming by mail), but I want to know NOW! Has this happened to anyone? Can anyone provide insight into why this might have happened? Does it mean it will transfer to another service center, or somewhere else? My husband does have a removal order on his record so I am super worried that that is the reason . :( :( :(

04/19/16 PD - NOA1 (Potomac Service Center)

07/13/16 Transferred to National Benefits Center to "speed up" processing

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

10/04/16 - Congressional Inquiry

01/05/17 - Ombudsman says will receive Interview letter within 30 Days!

02/01/17 - Marriage Interview

02/02/17 - I-130 Approved!!!  :D

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

PD 10/20/15. Approved 7/14/16.

USCIS Process:

Sent I-130: October 12, 2015
NOA1 hardcopy received: October 15, 2015

***Countless USCIS phone calls, congressional inquiries, and Ombudsman's Office inquiries later****
NOA2 approval: July 14, 2016
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: August 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 11, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 11, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 12, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 12, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 13, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 13, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 13, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 14, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 15, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets: August 15, 2016
Scan date: August 17, 2016
CC: October 11, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 13, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: October 12, 2016

Case "in transit": October 14, 2016

Case "ready": October 19, 2016

Interview Process:

Interview letter received via email: October 13, 2016

Medical (Tunisia): November 2, 2016

NEW Police Clearance: November 16, 2016

Interview Date: November 17, 2016

Interview Decision: APPROVED November 17, 2016!!!!!!!!!

Visa pick up: November 23, 2016

Entered US on: mid December 2016

Timeline

just got the NOA today. Ive been transferred from Potomac to NBC in MO as of July 13 . Does anyone know what this means??? And there's no processing time posted for the I130. Please help!

08/06/16 Transferred to Local Field Office (Philadelphia) for Marriage Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

your file was sent the NBC because you'll get an interview appointment soon. So this means that soon they'll send ur file to your local office and schedule U an appointment. Good luck. I'm waiting for a transfer to the NBC too

just got the NOA today. Ive been transferred from Potomac to NBC in MO as of July 13 . Does anyone know what this means??? And there's no processing time posted for the I130. Please help!

Timeline

your file was sent the NBC because you'll get an interview appointment soon. So this means that soon they'll send ur file to your local office and schedule U an appointment. Good luck. I'm waiting for a transfer to the NBC too

why would they schedule us for an interview? Because my husband's already in the US possibly?

I petition for my parents on July. Got stransferred to potomac service certer. So mean we need start waiting again from beginning? Can everyone tell me? so confused.

Thank you.

They keep the date when it was received before it got trasfered so dont worry. Plus i spoke to a friend of mine who works at uscis and said the increased the number of personnel reviewing the documents from 200 to 1000 people so your case will be faster now compared to us from oeevious months

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

YSC1690060996 PD 4-19-16 Approved 6-28-16

YSC1690060995 PD 4-19-16 Approved 6-28-16

YSC1690060966 PD 4-19-16 Approved 6-30-16

YSC1690060963 PD 4-19-16 Approved 6-30-16

YSC1690060960 PD 4-19-16 Approved 6-30-16

New here; how does one find the current list of dates/approved petitions?

Timeline

New here; how does one find the current list of dates/approved petitions?

Download the app:

USCIS Case Status app on android. The picture is a map of the US with a US flag covering it. You can type in your case number, or go to Lookup case and change Case Scope filter to any number, up to 100. You can also add all the cases around yours to "my cases" and refresh. Be careful with checking too much, USCIS will lock out your IP address for a temporary amount of time. (I'm locked out every other day because I am a serious case stalker! lol)

Timeline

Potomac just updated a bunch of cases! Check yours out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.