dwheels76

September 2015 Interviews

1,743 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So what's a person to do for travel arrangements?

I get limited time off, let's say I get two weeks off in October or November. I fly to India a day before the interview to be there to support my wife. Let's say she gets approved, but then we might be left hanging until the visa is printed and couriered. I hope to have my wife travel with me to the US.

How does one go about booking a last minute flight; it'll be so expensive.

That's why I hate this uncertainty.. at NVC, and at the embassy.

I'm the same boat KierenHby. I had reserved a few wks in September because our attorney had estimated we might get an interview for that mth. At my job, we can only take time off one at a time. I hadn't taken any vacation time this yr to save but now I will be forced to take a few days off because if I don't use it I will loose it. Now I don't know if I should reserve vacation again for another mth or just wait for the interview.

I had seen some open-ended plane tickets available but they are so expensive. They are tipled the price for a regular ticket.

You will have a 6 month period from your day of visa issued to travel. Unless you want to fly the same week you get your visa. I suggest wait for it.

Until the visa is in your hand DO NOT book anything. You never know if there could be an issue which would impact the issuance/printing of your visa.

If you are willing to buy a refundable ticket, or ticket which allows you to delay your trip, go for it.

But most of the good deal tickets charge hefty price for cancelling or rescheduling.

Thanx you guys!!!!

We met in 2002, dated and were torn apart in 2003and we reconnected end of 2013

I married the love of my life (L) : March 21, 2014

We sent in our I-130 package to USCIS: August 8, 2014

USCIS received I-130: August 11, 2014

USCIS approves our case: February 10, 2015

USCIS sends case to NVC: February 18, 2015

NVC welcome letter + email received: March 10, 2015 - date on letter March 3, 2015

NVC assigned case number: March 1, 2015

DS-261 filed: March 10, 2015

AOS fee payed online: March 10, 2015

NVC confirmation letter for choice of agent being registered: May 5, 2015 - received this letter thru email on May 7, 2014 and again via letter/email May 8, 2015

IV bill received: May 7 and May 8, 2015 (together with letter ds261 review confirmation)

Send in AOS an IV package: May 6, 2015

Payed IV bill thru money order: May 8, 2015

Email from NVC with letter of acceptance of AOS and IV package: May 15, 2015 (processing time: at least 60 days)

Scan date: May 12, 2015

NVC cashed money order IV bill fee: May 15, 2015

Received confirmation letter thru email that IV fee is received: May19, 2015 - date in letter May 15, 2015

Received checklist: June 22,2015 - date on checklist June 19,2015

New scan date checklist: June 24, 2015 (processing time: 30 days)

Filed DS260: July 7, 2015

Case Complete: July 21, 2015!!!!!!

Receives confirmation of case complete on August 1, 2015

Received interview letter on August 11, 2015

Medical: September 9, 2015

Interview date: September 24, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Silly question: Would anyone know if NVC would approve an expedite request for an interview if the petitioner's work has a vacation black out period starting at the end of October for a few wks?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Silly question: Would anyone know if NVC would approve an expedite request for an interview if the petitioner's work has a vacation black out period starting at the end of October for a few wks?

Not a chance, the petitioner is not required to attend the interview anyway.

They deny expedite requests for people expecting babies.

I-130 for Spouse

USCIS

10/14/2014 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

10/22/2014 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

04/01/2015 - NOA2 (161 days)

NVC

04/16/2015 - NVC Received

04/23/2015 - Case # assigned / DS-261 completed

04/24/2015 - AOS fee invoiced and paid

04/30/2015 - AOS+IV packages mailed

05/04/2015 - AOS+IV packages received (scan date)

05/15/2015 - IV fee money order payment confirmed

06/03/2015 - Checklist received: missing DS-260 form

06/19/2015 - DS-260 available online and submitted

07/31/2015 - Case Complete (107 days from arriving @NVC or 89 days from scan date)

Embassy

08/25/2015 - Scheduled interview

09/21/2015 - Interview, approved!

10/02/2015 - Passport received

10/04/2015 - POE! (348 days from NOA1)

Timeline

Not a chance, the petitioner is not required to attend the interview anyway.

They deny expedite requests for people expecting babies.

Thanks toozler. I just thought I'd check.

Just saw on a FB group that today they started assigning interviews for Mexico for the end of September!

What's the name of the group? I would love to follow whats going on with interview appointments :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks toozler. I just thought I'd check.

Wow!!!! That's encouraging! Which groups are there? i wish to join

Mother & Daughter
Mom's CC: May 19 2015
Kid's CC: July 10th 2015(after checklist)
Interview Scheduled: August 27th 2015
Medical Date: Sept 11th 2015(Passed!!!)
Registered our appointment online: Sept 16th 2015
Interview Date: Sept 29th 2015 Approved!!
Visa in Hand: October 1st 2015
POE: 11th October 2015 - Philadelphia

Timeline

What's the name of the group? I would love to follow whats going on with interview appointments :)

The name of the group is "Citados al consulado en Cd Juarez".

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

OMG so I just called after reading the post regarding interviews and my husband has his interview scheduled for SEPT 15TH! Did not think that would be possible since it's so close to the end of the month!

ROC Timeline
Service Center: California
90 Day Window Opened....06/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/24/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/28/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................09/06/17
Biometrics Received..........09/15/17
Biometrics Appointment.....09/27/17
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Timeline

Thats crazy, dont play with me so_hopeful!!! Lol i cant see it...i clicked join group but cant see. Does it say anything else? I really hope I can make juarez in September

OMG so I just called after reading the post regarding interviews and my husband has his interview scheduled for SEPT 15TH! Did not think that would be possible since it's so close to the end of the month!

Wow. That's fast but GREAT at the same time!! Congrats!

Has the status changed on ceac website yet???

Edited by pesci

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.