46 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

There is the immediate need to submit the notice to the USCIS, also need to file and report with the local non-emergency authorities.

You are correct in that until the (ex-mother-in-law) is naturalized that you can be held responsible for her and this can be for so much more than just financial matters.

You can also be sued by your ex-mother -in-law if you fail to provided support.

You will also in my opinion need to seek legal representation.

This matter and and will be very tricky but you want to make sure that you get on top of it right away because per the USCIS once you find out you are to notify them right away.

Good Luck, and God Bless .....

Thank you so much for the well-wishes and advice.

if your ex-mother in law has already become US citizen or she has credit of 40 qualifying quarters of work in US ( usually equals to 10 yrs of work in social security knowledge), your no more liable for her support.

Read item 11 in form I-864 (instructions for Affidavit of support)

The mother-in-law just arrived in the country and received her greencard in Oct 2014. She is nowhere close to becoming a citizen.

If it were me I would go to your local police department and go from there, the district attorney works for the tax payers in your city/county.

I would also make a infopass (I have heard various reports if they care of not) and make them take a report of your findings.

Appreciate the feedback. :idea:

Edited by darstar007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Take the facts as you know them to an InfoPass appointment. Speak with the FDNS Officer. Don't leave the premises until this has happened.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Stories like these make me so sad and angry, there are so many loving caring people out there, that would give the world to be with their partner in the US, but because of people like this the Immigration process is made harder for them and sometimes made impossible. :cry:

The truth is even sadder than what I've revealed. Basically my ex wanted to get herself and her mother and sister out of Iran under ANY circumstances and decided that wasting my life and opportunity to have a child were collateral damage. Now I am 44 and divorced and need to start my life over from scratch. I am determined that she will not get away with using me this way.

Edited by darstar007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's crucially important that you report this fraud as a priority, per the procedure above.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I hope you have saved any sort or chat logs, sms or email conversation between you and your wife regarding the AOS form signed under your name and submitted without your knowledge. That will be crucial to prove that she in fact did the forgery otherwise it will be difficult to prove that since she might also say that you signed the form and later on you two started having misunderstandings because of petitioning for her mom and so she left you the day her mother arrived.

Gather any sort of evidences you might think will help you and definitely file a case against her in your district police station as others have said. Let USCIS know too about it through info pass and whatever medium so that you will not be responsible for them in the future.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

I hope you have saved any sort or chat logs, sms or email conversation between you and your wife regarding the AOS form signed under your name and submitted without your knowledge. That will be crucial to prove that she in fact did the forgery otherwise it will be difficult to prove that since she might also say that you signed the form and later on you two started having misunderstandings because of petitioning for her mom and so she left you the day her mother arrived.

Gather any sort of evidences you might think will help you and definitely file a case against her in your district police station as others have said. Let USCIS know too about it through info pass and whatever medium so that you will not be responsible for them in the future.

The case is complicated. But through our divorce proceedings and document discovery, my ex produced I-864 with me as household member and indicated on that doc that I had completed form I-864A which I never did. She did not provide Form I-864A and now claims the form AOS she gave me during the divorce was a rough draft and not what she submitted to USCIS. In addition to this there are several other factors including her use of a P.O. Box instead of our home address for her correspondance to USCIS to keep me in the dark. I was pursuing an annulment based on fraud, but she settled with me for much much less than she could have had given Californias community property laws. She might realize that she and her mother are on borrowed time before their crime is discover by the government and she might have wanted to cash out now.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

No the mother has a green card. My ex left me the day her mother arrived. She only stayed with me to use me for this financial support unfortuntaley.

This is a major no-no. I hope USCIS will take this seriously, you were clearly used for immigration fraud.

Good luck!

WOW, I am so sorry to hear that! This is awful. You should definitely press charges! Do not let them get away with crime.

Also, on a separate note, you said your ex-wife is from Iran. Did you meet her while serving overseas?

N-400

April 25, 2018 - Interview in Jacksonville, FL

May 24, 2018 - Oath Ceremony

I-130 for Mom

May 24, 2018 - Mailed I-130 for mom via UPS One-Day shipping

OP, between the time you made this post and now, have you made headway on the advices given here, have you compiled your evidenced and made an infopass appointment?

Yes the folks on this forum have been most helpful. Very much appreciated.

WOW, I am so sorry to hear that! This is awful. You should definitely press charges! Do not let them get away with crime.

Also, on a separate note, you said your ex-wife is from Iran. Did you meet her while serving overseas?

Thank you. I met her while vacationing in Turkey. I only mentioned Iran to emphasize her desire to flee from a country with obvious socio-economic pressures and how that made her resort to this criminal act.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

sorry but if you all read the support agreement it says it is a legal document between you and the government. Makes you responsible for what is on it

Notify immigration and report to the police

or the mess you go through may be more than your divorce

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This video has some info regarding forgery in California >>> http://www.shouselaw.com/forgery.html

Another possible source of info >> http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/penalty-for-forgery.cfm

Also, the Affidavit of Support is a federal document so there could be a federal crime here along with a violation of immigration law.

It's down to how much you want to pursue all three avenues. Local police, state Attorney General's office, US District Attorney, and USCIS / ICE are where you want to go.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.