154 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

So are you currently married or not? First you say your wife filed for you then you ask if you should get married now or have her file a fiancé visa after you self-deport.

If you aren't married now I don't really see how a rush marriage would help.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

So are you currently married or not? First you say your wife filed for you then you ask if you should get married now or have her file a fiancé visa after you self-deport.

If you aren't married now I don't really see how a rush marriage would help.

You must have skipped one or two posts... ... Gotta follow the thread accurately belinda63.

I couldn't marry my current partner, because divorce from wife #1 wasn't over yet. Now the divorce is final and we can get married. I was just asking so I could weight the options of asking the IJ to re-open so I can adjust based on my marriage to wife #2 vs getting married to USC and then leave the US to be most likely stuck with the 10 years bar. That's my question.

The rush marriage helps me with getting adjusted without having to leave the US, which would prevent the 10 year bar from triggering, provided the IJ re-opens my case based on the evidence I will submit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You must have skipped one or two posts... ... Gotta follow the thread accurately belinda63.

I couldn't marry my current partner, because divorce from wife #1 wasn't over yet. Now the divorce is final and we can get married. I was just asking so I could weight the options of asking the IJ to re-open so I can adjust based on my marriage to wife #2 vs getting married to USC and then leave the US to be most likely stuck with the 10 years bar. That's my question.

The rush marriage helps me with getting adjusted without having to leave the US, which would prevent the 10 year bar from triggering, provided the IJ re-opens my case based on the evidence I will submit.

No way you need to reread everything, you and others have written from the start. You most definitely told me specifically (and others) more that once you were currently married and had a child with this one. Again, MORE THAN ONCE....I tried to quote all the times the new wife was mentioned, but I couldn't quote that many posts....it wouldn't let me. You realy need to go back a reread post by post from the beginning....Gotta follow the thread accurately schizzo_fg.

When the story changes, it's time to bail on the thread.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

When the story changes, it's time to bail on the thread.

There hasn't been any changes on the story, just switching the focus on another option (leaving as opposed to fightint for AOS) and waited for answers. Too quick to draw conclusions Hypnos.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

On the 15th June you said your wife had filed for you, was this the first wife?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Question:

My wife is filing I-130 before we submit MTR to IJ. Since my case is administratively closed and was granted Voluntary Departure, do we have to fill out the I-130 including all of the evidence of our bona-fide marriage by "clear and convincing" evidence or not?

P.S. I know that the MTR will definitely need to meet "the clear and convincing evidence" standard, but does the I-130 have to be the same way?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Question:

My wife is filing I-130 before we submit MTR to IJ. Since my case is administratively closed and was granted Voluntary Departure, do we have to fill out the I-130 including all of the evidence of our bona-fide marriage by "clear and convincing" evidence or not?

P.S. I know that the MTR will definitely need to meet "the clear and convincing evidence" standard, but does the I-130 have to be the same way?

You're not married...therefore you don't have a wife!

Timeline

You're not married...therefore you don't have a wife!

You're funny! Yes I do have wife and I'm legally married to USC, as of a week ago!

Thanks for not answering my question (you probably wouldn't know the answer, based on how you answered this one) Thanks anyways!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You're funny! Yes I do have wife and I'm legally married to USC, as of a week ago!

Thanks for not answering my question (you probably wouldn't know the answer, based on how you answered this one) Thanks anyways!

Then why did you ask on June 23rd if you should do a k1 visa? You can't be married and do a k1

Timeline

Then why did you ask on June 23rd if you should do a k1 visa? You can't be married and do a k1

On June 23rd we were weghing the following options:

getting married and then leave vs leave and then come with fiancee. Now we're married, so no more Fiancee K-1 weghing option. I may hav been a lil' off with dates, so maybe that's why the confusion.

Lots on my plate, lots of thinking !

Timeline

You are very confusing my friend ,I could not catch up with you ,dishonesty won't get no where

Careful with the words you choose, Spartan!!!

Honest overlook is different from dishonesty! Prove that I was being dishonest, rather than inadvertently overlloking!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

15th June you were married, 23rd June you are considering getting married, so divorced in between time?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.