154 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The obvious scenario in this case is that the Consulate hits you with misrep, suggest you look up the concept of Consulate non reviewability.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You sort non immigrant status with immigrant intent.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

This discussion is all really moot. Either the IJ will grant your motion to reopen or he won't. Either you will leave the US under VD or you won't. Either you have a ban or you don't. We can argue until we are blue in the face but the only people who will matter are the IJ and the CO (if you leave the US).

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

You sort non immigrant status with immigrant intent.

I highly, highly doubt it I'll ever get slapped with that! Had over 15 legal lawful exits and re-entries. Started to go to college in 1998, I have 12 credits left from graduating... ... only one immigration violation!

Timeline

One?

:rofl:

Timeline

One?

:rofl:

one overstay, that's it! The out of status was triggered by me dropping one class in 2003 that put me below 12 credits, didn't know much back then! I was 19, hard to prove that when I was 19 I had immigrant intent coming from a developed country (Italy).

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

one overstay, that's it! The out of status was triggered by me dropping one class in 2003 that put me below 12 credits, didn't know much back then! I was 19, hard to prove that when I was 19 I had immigrant intent coming from a developed country (Italy).

Plenty of people from developed countries have immigrant intent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They don't have to prove you did. You have to prove you didn't if they suspect you did.

Timeline

This discussion is all really moot. Either the IJ will grant your motion to reopen or he won't. Either you will leave the US under VD or you won't. Either you have a ban or you don't. We can argue until we are blue in the face but the only people who will matter are the IJ and the CO (if you leave the US).

Belinda,

thank you! It is so true! I first started writing my story in here to have some kind of re-assurance that things could go well. It's like you said, because it is not black and white, I'll just have to wait and see!

I know convicted felons that have gotten their green card, I have heard some crazy stories when I was on ICE hold and they still were able to adjust status at the end of all. It bothers me that I may not get that lucky and the only violation I have is an overstay, a civil one, not a criminal one. Paid taxes non-stop ever since 1998, started 2 businesses, employed US Citizens, helped their families as well, my roots are here, 3 little girls as children USC and... ... now I'm risking to stay away for 10 years to obey US law this time.

If I was a Mexican (no racism), I'd probably stay and be an immigration fugitive just to continue to provide and stay with my little girls and my wife, but I won't! I will be a citizen, it's just a matter of time.

Timeline

Your Lawyer never mentioned COR?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.