Socialwork4god

Waiting on my I-129F

69 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes good point. Research is a must. The Internet provides a wealth of background information and some at no cost.

Exactly ! I totally agree. One should also investigate a little bit to search out online digital tracks of someone they meet, online or offline.

Amazing what you can find out when you know how.

Edited by Team MicVic!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I've done my homework on him thank you very much. Enough is enough. I appreciate the support and guidance but please stop bashing my relationship

Filed: Timeline

I think you should take a loan and take a trip there, and meet him in person. Nigeria is a safe place, I have been to places far worse, scariest place might be Iraq ISIS territory, they cut people's head of then put it on a stake :( I doubt they do that in Nigeria.

Edited by marriedguy

I have spent over $100000 dollars, and my wife is still not here with me, so go figure. It takes so much time and money to make this things happen.

It is not likely that he will be granted a tourist visa, he must show very strong ties to his country (research this site what that is) to qualify

and even with strong ties evidence he probably won't get it and there goes money down the drain again which you don't have to waste.

Make a loan, borrow it if you have to and go during off season when you can find a cheaper ticket.

Go to the Sub-Saharan forum and ask where they got their tickets online and where is a safe place to stay in the city he lives in.

Nigeria is totally safe if you understand the country on a deeper level not just listen to the surface stories.

Meet his family and friends. Extremely important for your embassy !!!!!

Get to know one another. Take lots and lots of photos with his family as evidence for your next petition.

Research here what front loading means and follow that advice. You can keep wasting hundreds of dollars just winging it or you can

take the advice from those who have gone before you and get it right.

I advise you to visit at least 2 to 3 times before you file because weekly we hear of denials for not enough time spend together.

If you can stay for a couple of month even better to really immerse yourself into the culture and family.

This is a very difficult journey and there will be many bumps on the road.

We were denied with 4 trips and it took us 5 years to be together.
Get to know each other face to face, not just screen time, you can also marry there IF you are certain he is the one and file a CR1 instead.

When K1's get refused and returned they expire, a spousal visa CR1 has a second chance to overcome any potential hurdles.

You have a lot of thinking to do.

Just don't blindly jump into marriage or engagement not having spend time together.

If I had a dollar for every time someone on here 100% believed their relationship was real but they were used for a green card I would

have a sack full of money.
No one wants to believe that their relationship is not real until it happens to them and they become a statistic.

I don't think it's right for someone to tell you to run just because their relationship went sour but I am a firm believer in getting to really know

someone face to face before taking such a huge step. Reality and romance don't mix sometimes and you have to get out of your

heart and into your head to think things through.

I really wish you the very best and a successful journey with your next petition.

If you don't get several visits in your K1 will likely be denied and you have wasted time and money and have to start over a third time.

Before you know it you have spend thousands of dollars and wasted several years and still aren't together.

Take it slow and get it right.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I've done my homework on him thank you very much. Enough is enough. I appreciate the support and guidance but please stop bashing my relationship

I am not the one who bashed your relationship so I am not sure who you directed this second 'enough is enough' comment to.

I have been nothing but supportive with common sense advice.

By the way....my husband is Nigerian and we are very happy and I wish you the same.

I don't know you or your fiance and just made the comment that a bit of investigating is good for anyone anywhere, abroad or in the US.

I don't feel that is bashing your relationship at all but cautionary and well meaning.

Glad to hear you did your homework on him, then we are in agreement, not so ? Then why the ruffled feathers.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

You need to meet in person. End of story. For Nigeria, you need to meet in person, more than once. Nobody is bashing you, or your relationship. You are getting some excellent advice on how not to make costly and time consuming mistakes.

You need to try and understand that what your are planning, and what the reality often is, are two entirely separate things.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No one is bashing your relationship lady... Get a clue! Everyone here is trying to give you sense of guidance and knowledge as to what you're getting your self into. Even members from Nigera themselves are warning you. THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU DEFINATELY WILL BE DENIED NOT MEETING YOU FIANCE IN PERSON MORE THAN TWICE BEFORE THE EMBASSY INTERVIEW.

You can tell us you know this man and he loves you and he's honest, guess what? We aren't the one whose working on your petition and the emabassy do not approve on word of mouth. I bet even your I-129f petition is not front loaded with evidence, hence your fiancé will DEFINATELY be ask to provide all information at his interview. All he will have are screen shots and text... Not enough to get him approve. Nigeria is one of the scam capital of the world.. Yes they are other countries with fraud too..and if a member from Nigeria can warn you to go and meet him or otherwise pack your bag and run and you think we are bashing you.. Smh!!!

If you can't afford a ticket to go to Nigeria, how will you afford AOS when your honest Fiance arrive.

I wish you nothing but happiness but from the information you provided us, I think you're in for a scam or denied FIANCE visa.

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Well said.

No one is bashing your relationship lady... Get a clue! Everyone here is trying to give you sense of guidance and knowledge as to what you're getting your self into. Even members from Nigera themselves are warning you. THE TRUTH IS THAT YOU DEFINATELY WILL BE DENIED NOT MEETING YOU FIANCE IN PERSON MORE THAN TWICE BEFORE THE EMBASSY INTERVIEW.
You can tell us you know this man and he loves you and he's honest, guess what? We aren't the one whose working on your petition and the emabassy do not approve on word of mouth. I bet even your I-129f petition is not front loaded with evidence, hence your fiancé will DEFINATELY be ask to provide all information at his interview. All he will have are screen shots and text... Not enough to get him approve. Nigeria is one of the scam capital of the world.. Yes they are other countries with fraud too..and if a member from Nigeria can warn you to go and meet him or otherwise pack your bag and run and you think we are bashing you.. Smh!!!

If you can't afford a ticket to go to Nigeria, how will you afford AOS when your honest Fiance arrive.

I wish you nothing but happiness but from the information you provided us, I think you're in for a scam or denied FIANCE visa.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

If you're concerned about finances or the safety of Nigeria, perhaps a trip to a neutral country where you both need to travel? He can go to the Dominican or Barbados visa free.

I agree that is an option but Lagos is not crazy about not visiting Nigeria and meeting family and having their approval.

They would be suspicious of why the beneficiary wants to circumvent her meeting his family in his home country.

Even if it doesn't sound rational Lagos has it's own quirks and they want it the way they want it.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree that is an option but Lagos is not crazy about not visiting Nigeria and meeting family and having their approval.

They would be suspicious of why the beneficiary wants to circumvent her meeting his family in his home country.

Even if it doesn't sound rational Lagos has it's own quirks and they want it the way they want it.

Understandable

Doesn't mean we should all just jump to the conclusion that he is a scammer. Please people! Post nicely and on topic or I'm reporting the thread.

Huh? No one said he was a scammer. All they said is to be careful with Nigerian men especially after it turned out that she has never met him in person. Nigeria is the #1 high fraud country so there is a very good reason to be suspicious. Plus, (like the other poster said) no one on this site including the OP knows him in person. This means the OP's observations are also based on nothing. The I-129F petition will be denied, period. I'm not going into the carelessness of wanting to get married to someone one hasn't met in person.

Edited by Mr&MrsJenkins

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Huh? No one said he was a scammer. All they said is to be careful with Nigerian men especially after it turned out that she has never met him in person. Nigeria is the #1 high fraud country so there is a very good reason to be suspicious. Plus, (like the other poster said) no one on this site including the OP knows him in person. This means the OP's observations are also based on nothing. The I-129F petition will be denied, period. I'm not going into the carelessness of wanting to get married to someone one hasn't met in person.

Read the thread again, there's one member in particular that has called him a scammer twice.

Regardless of your fiance being Nigerian, meeting in person is a requirement in your case. On a side note - I don't think it's a good idea to jump into a marriage without at least meeting in person once.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The posters on here are only trying to give you sound advice. I'll be straight... to commit to marry someone you have never met is not exactly best thinking. To bring a stranger into your home, from another country, or anywhere that you have never met is not the best thinking. You may think you know him, but you do not. The person you talk to on the internet is just an image. He can be anyone you want him to be. When I met my fiancee I spoke to him on the internet for over a year. Your mind conjures up all types of images of who he is, what type of person he is, how tall us he, .... mostly your imagination. Yes, he fills in facts... but it really doesn't hit home. When I finally met him in person I had to get to know him all over again. It was a strange adjustment for me. But I traveled to him to meet him. I didnt bring a stranger into my home. I met him, his family... I spent time to get to know him. This man you met, or any other... domestic or international. ... your only asking for trouble bringing a complete stranger into your home. Safety first. That being said.... I also agree with the others... it is a requirement that you meet in person. And for a high fraud country he would not be issued a visitors visa.

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]