990 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I called nvc still no interview......that lady told me to call back next week. 59 days and still waiting. Does anybody know what else I can do? I think New Delhi embassy is no longer there lol.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
First Available Appointment Is Tuesday September 1, 2015.
Jordans website had "First available appointment is August 1st" Now it says September 1st. Does that mean scheduling for August interviews is over!?
I feel like they've skipped over those of us with March CC's. Has anyone called? I'm planning on calling tomorrow but I called Thursday and NVC told me to wait. Should I try calling the Amman embassy? I'm tired of waiting, I want to actually do something
Congrats to everyone who's gotten interview dates btw!!!

Can you send the link to the announcement, thanks

Original SD : 01/23/2015

Check List : 04/01/2015

New SD : 04/09/2015

Case Completed: 05/07/2015

Interview Date: 11/10/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello applied for our K-1 visa back in November, USCIS completed on May 21st and still waiting to hear from the NVC for our appointment. Trying to get my fiance hear from Greece by the end of summer!

Edited by nandb7

I called them last Thursday and the embassy said that were hoping to clear everything by the weekend and I should expect a call early this week.

Any word on your husbands visa?

every time I have called the embassy and checked the ceac site immediately after the last updated date has shown that particular date so Im guessing that they log into check the status on that system and the date gets captured from that action. My guess is that cos I've noted it a couple of times now.

So I called them a again a few minutes ago too and now they say they hope to clear everything this week but that she can't say for sure. I'm too frustrated with this damn visa to bother anymore.

I know right, I wish they tell us something now the system back up running, did you happen to check the ceac, is your dates been change or is it shows same date you went on the interview. Mines have been changes twice.

I know right, I wish they tell us something now the system back up running, did you happen to check the ceac, is your dates been change or is it shows same date you went on the interview. Mines have been changes twice.

no the dates changed every single time I called the embassy and they checked the status of the case. Today evening it has actually changed from 'ready' to 'administrative processing'. I've read thats a good sign for approved visas as it's the stage before 'issued' so at least I know something is happening. Hopefully it'll all be over this week.

I hope they tell you what's going on with yours as well. Good luck!

I am the beneficiary- Spouse (Sri Lankan citizen) to a US citizen

USCIS

08-26-2014 Form I-130 submitted

08-28-2014 Received NOA1 for I-130

10-01-2014 Form I-129F (K3 visa) submitted

10-14-2014 Received NOA1 for I-129F

01-30-2015 Received NOA 2 for I-130 (5 months and 3 days after) :D

01-30-2015 Received NOA 2 for I-129F (3 months and 2 weeks after)

02-11-2015 Received USCIS update (email notification) that case was dispatched to NVC

NVC

03-03-2015 Received NVC welcome letter via email with the case no and IIN (31 days from NOA2 date)

03-03-2015 Submitted DS-261

03-03-2015 Paid AOS fee

03-18-2015 AOS payment shown as 'paid' (NVC payment portal have had a problem with payments made hence the delay in processing)

03-24-2015 NVC reviewed the DS-261 (spoke to an agent and she reviewed the form over the phone)

03-26-2015 Paid IV fee

03-31-2015 IV payment shown as 'paid'

03-31-2015 Sent in the AOS & IV packages

04-01-2015 Scan date (NVC letter received)

04-02-2015 Submitted DS-260

04-24-2015 Case Complete (24 days from scan date!) :dance:

05-05-2015 Confirmed interview date with NVC over the phone (06-11-2015)

05-07-2015 Received P4 letter

SRI LANKA CONSULATE PROCESSING

05-12-2015 Medical examination (Asiri Surgical Hospital)

05-22-2015 Received of the medical report

06-11-2015 Interview at US Consulate in SL - VISA APPROVED! :D

06-30-2015 Collected the passport form the Consulate (passport was due to be collected in a week from interview date but delay in issuing visa due to the system failure in the US Department of State)

07-12-2015 POE-Minneapolis

Hi

I got interview letter only email will they send me through mail as well? Or i just have to print and take to embassy.

Another question NVC scheduled my interview and email the p4 letter. Do i still need to contact embassy for interview or i am good with that letter.

Your response will be appreciated

Thanks

I never got a letter thru mail but only thru email but I noticed that some others did. Anyhow what you get thru email is completely valid so a printout would work. You don't need to inform the embassy as NVC corresponds with the embassy and sends your file to them (you can track this on the CEAC site). You just need to turn up at the embassy on the date given on the P4.

What you need to do at this point is schedule the medical and prepare your files for the interview. You also need to take a copy of the P4 for the medical along with whatever the doctors office requests you to bring.

Hope this helps.

I am the beneficiary- Spouse (Sri Lankan citizen) to a US citizen

USCIS

08-26-2014 Form I-130 submitted

08-28-2014 Received NOA1 for I-130

10-01-2014 Form I-129F (K3 visa) submitted

10-14-2014 Received NOA1 for I-129F

01-30-2015 Received NOA 2 for I-130 (5 months and 3 days after) :D

01-30-2015 Received NOA 2 for I-129F (3 months and 2 weeks after)

02-11-2015 Received USCIS update (email notification) that case was dispatched to NVC

NVC

03-03-2015 Received NVC welcome letter via email with the case no and IIN (31 days from NOA2 date)

03-03-2015 Submitted DS-261

03-03-2015 Paid AOS fee

03-18-2015 AOS payment shown as 'paid' (NVC payment portal have had a problem with payments made hence the delay in processing)

03-24-2015 NVC reviewed the DS-261 (spoke to an agent and she reviewed the form over the phone)

03-26-2015 Paid IV fee

03-31-2015 IV payment shown as 'paid'

03-31-2015 Sent in the AOS & IV packages

04-01-2015 Scan date (NVC letter received)

04-02-2015 Submitted DS-260

04-24-2015 Case Complete (24 days from scan date!) :dance:

05-05-2015 Confirmed interview date with NVC over the phone (06-11-2015)

05-07-2015 Received P4 letter

SRI LANKA CONSULATE PROCESSING

05-12-2015 Medical examination (Asiri Surgical Hospital)

05-22-2015 Received of the medical report

06-11-2015 Interview at US Consulate in SL - VISA APPROVED! :D

06-30-2015 Collected the passport form the Consulate (passport was due to be collected in a week from interview date but delay in issuing visa due to the system failure in the US Department of State)

07-12-2015 POE-Minneapolis

I called nvc still no interview......that lady told me to call back next week. 59 days and still waiting. Does anybody know what else I can do? I think New Delhi embassy is no longer there lol.

Hi so sorry to hear that my heart goes out to you seriously ... i was just thinking why you didnt think about filing directly with the consulate....? read an indian couples case in the DCF thread and there file to receiving interview date was 2 months !

my brother in law is in the same position but he has nt even had approval of his i130 yet :(

USCIS PROCESSING

Dec 15th 14 I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox
Dec 18th 14 Package received by USCIS - PRIORITY DATE
Dec 22nd 14 Received NOA1 - Sent to Vermont Service Center
Jan 14th 15 Received NOA2. Case Approved with no RFEs
..............................................................................................................................
NVC PROCESSING

Feb 20th 15 Case/IIN No assigned by NVC - allocated to Montreal Consulate
Feb 27TH 15 Received letter from NVC
Mar 1st 15 DS-261 Completed and submitted to NVC
Mar 10th 15 Paid AOS
Apr 3rd 15 Receive IV Bill + Paid IV Bill
Apr 8th 15 IV Fee left bank marked as paid
Apr 8th 15 DS-260 Completed
Apr 9th 15 Sent in IV & AOS packages
Apr 13th 15 Package delivered to NVC
Apr 13th 15 Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt - scan date
May 12th 15 Case Complete with NO Checklist (29 DAYS)
..............................................................................................................................
MONTREAL CONSULATE PROCESSING

May 15th 15 Case sent to Montreal embassy
May 27th 15 Medical in Toronto ,ON
Jun 17th 15 Interview Date in Montreal - APPROVED!!!!
Jul 2nd 15 ISSUED !!!! - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 6th 15 Visa in FINAL PROCESSING - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 8th 15 Email from Loomis/Waybill received
Jul 10th 15 Visa Received IN HAND!!!
Jul 13th 15 Point of Entry in Buffalo, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi

I got interview letter only email will they send me through mail as well? Or i just have to print and take to embassy.

Another question NVC scheduled my interview and email the p4 letter. Do i still need to contact embassy for interview or i am good with that letter.

Thanks

Hi, even if you got the interview letter P4 from NVC, it's recommended to write an email to the Embassy, and let them know about your case and scheduled interview made by NVC; ask them if they have any additional info for you that you need to follow ... Each Embassy have specific procedure to follow related to interviews, such as registration for passport delivery ... etc, so I think it's better to contact them; they will reply to your email, usually within 3 (working) days ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

ok so I called my lawyer today. I asked him since its taking forever for new delhi to schedule interviews, can we request an expedite interview based on pregnancy.? he checked his system, and he said one of his client got interview letter after 3 and half week of Case completion from NVC. I know 2 of vj members, you and ShivaniVivek are waiting for 2 months for interview date. I am so confused what's going on. Are they skipping people.? my lawyer recommended we should wait for few days and let's see what happens.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Loving this thread is great and it's a big relief to see people who are going through the same issue with me.

Dwheels, keep up the good work.

Congratulations. Welcome to the Group. You are added to the spreadsheet. Nope haven't heard that Nigeria has started scheduling yet. Should be any day now.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Is the "administrative process" really the last step before they schedule the interview? it's been about a month and a week since we got our first letter telling us it transferred to NVC, it seems people who are applying from better off countries (like Canada and England) hear back within a month, but I've seen people on here from India, Mexico and China who have been waiting for two months already. I called today and about the 20th call finally got through and the person told me it was in the "administrate process" but he was very rude and hung up on me before I could ask another question. My fiance is coming from Greece and with the way the country is currently going we are worried that there will be delays, does anyone know if Greece's current problems could effect our waiting time? Has anyone had experience in the past applying from a country that is currently in political/economic turmoil?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi

Thanks

Nope you are good to go now you can go get your medical and take your p4 letter to interview so you can get into embassy. Congratulations. Was just seeing your name on list last night was wondering where you were.

Can you give me your info again?

CC

Day you got interview date?

Interview date?

Thank you and Congratulations

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good afternoon forum friends, Montreal Embassy just emailed me! Even though my ECAS still says At NVC (?)... Just as a reminder of my upcoming interview and the documents I need to bring with me that day. I would like to kindly ask a few random questions if you don't mind.

1. I have been organizing my documents in bulks ( trip to destination A, trip to destination B, etc) that include receipts, photographs, baggage tags, hotels, restaurant slips, etc. using metal clips, and I am wondering if this would be an issue at the metal detector entrance of the embassy? I think It would be a little stressful to remove all of them, there, and have then a bag of all documents flying around, if they request to remove them. Should I use, elastic bands instead?

2. My interview is set for 10AM, should I come for 7AM, and see if they let me in early?

3. My husband and I are driving to Montreal, and I would like him to go up with me to the embassy, would they let him? I know he won't be allow to the interview window, but could he wait in the waiting room?

4. We have been together for over 15 years, but only until a few years ago are allowed to move the US, how much information do I take with me? I have collected everything for the entire time; even the envelopes, and airplane tags, etc for almost all we have done together. How do I select what to take and what not to take? I am afraid to take too much or too little.

5. The P4 letter ask for photocopies of documents, do they mean, copies of only : Police, birth, marriage certificate? or copies of all documents to prove or relationship as well as domicile?

Thank you, and please if you think of anything else, let me know!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.