990 posts in this topic

Good afternoon forum friends, Montreal Embassy just emailed me! Even though my ECAS still says At NVC (?)... Just as a reminder of my upcoming interview and the documents I need to bring with me that day. I would like to kindly ask a few random questions if you don't mind.

1. I have been organizing my documents in bulks ( trip to destination A, trip to destination B, etc) that include receipts, photographs, baggage tags, hotels, restaurant slips, etc. using metal clips, and I am wondering if this would be an issue at the metal detector entrance of the embassy? I think It would be a little stressful to remove all of them, there, and have then a bag of all documents flying around, if they request to remove them. Should I use, elastic bands instead?

They scan the docs through the X-ray machine - you go through the metal detector so should be fine.

2. My interview is set for 10AM, should I come for 7AM, and see if they let me in early?

no - go for 09.30am. Mine was at 10am and when I reached at 7, they told me to come back 15 mins before the interview. The security guard will turn you away if you come that early.

3. My husband and I are driving to Montreal, and I would like him to go up with me to the embassy, would they let him? I know he won't be allow to the interview window, but could he wait in the waiting room?

They sometimes do and sometimes don't...there were a about 3-4 couples who came with their partners and they came in. Tell him to come and see what the guard says.

4. We have been together for over 15 years, but only until a few years ago are allowed to move the US, how much information do I take with me? I have collected everything for the entire time; even the envelopes, and airplane tags, etc for almost all we have done together. How do I select what to take and what not to take? I am afraid to take too much or too little.

take it all to be on the safe side. I took everything and they never asked for any proof or pictures.. - rather be prepared. Just take a few trips together if you don't want to take everything.

5. The P4 letter ask for photocopies of documents, do they mean, copies of only : Police, birth, marriage certificate? or copies of all documents to prove or relationship as well as domicile?

They will only ask to see the originals but I took photocopies of everything just in case. I took photocopies of everything on the P4 List. plus his proof of domicile photocopies as I couldn't take his original birth certificate or passport. but they didnt ask me for any photocopies. You don't need photocopies of any proof of relationship - its the official docs they ask for.

Thank you, and please if you think of anything else, let me know!

Hi Duvalin - ^^ see above^^

when you get a number and you go wait upstairs - don't be worried if its not in order...i noticed different windows for when they collect docs = one was calling all the odd numbers and the other even numbers. so be patient. they called us n order for the interview.

Edited by Zirq

USCIS PROCESSING

Dec 15th 14 I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox
Dec 18th 14 Package received by USCIS - PRIORITY DATE
Dec 22nd 14 Received NOA1 - Sent to Vermont Service Center
Jan 14th 15 Received NOA2. Case Approved with no RFEs
..............................................................................................................................
NVC PROCESSING

Feb 20th 15 Case/IIN No assigned by NVC - allocated to Montreal Consulate
Feb 27TH 15 Received letter from NVC
Mar 1st 15 DS-261 Completed and submitted to NVC
Mar 10th 15 Paid AOS
Apr 3rd 15 Receive IV Bill + Paid IV Bill
Apr 8th 15 IV Fee left bank marked as paid
Apr 8th 15 DS-260 Completed
Apr 9th 15 Sent in IV & AOS packages
Apr 13th 15 Package delivered to NVC
Apr 13th 15 Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt - scan date
May 12th 15 Case Complete with NO Checklist (29 DAYS)
..............................................................................................................................
MONTREAL CONSULATE PROCESSING

May 15th 15 Case sent to Montreal embassy
May 27th 15 Medical in Toronto ,ON
Jun 17th 15 Interview Date in Montreal - APPROVED!!!!
Jul 2nd 15 ISSUED !!!! - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 6th 15 Visa in FINAL PROCESSING - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 8th 15 Email from Loomis/Waybill received
Jul 10th 15 Visa Received IN HAND!!!
Jul 13th 15 Point of Entry in Buffalo, NY

Hey there!! My husband just called NVC and they told him our case was completed on June 11th. The problem seems to be that as we initially filed for visas for me and the 3 kids, and Bryan did not meet the income requirements for the four of us this year we decided the best way to go was for me and the baby come first and get the older kids next February, and they needed the the lawyer email them stating this. I guess now its just a matter of waiting for the interview date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just got my email for interview, scheduled augus 11. :)

Congratulations.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

does anyone know how long it takes to get your SSN after you have received your visa?

Once you POE it can tale 2 to 4 weeks. Most people just go to the social security office after a week and just apply.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

can somebody help me please my case was completed and may 25th and I have not received a interview can somebody tell me if they r giving out interview for Jamaica.

Jamaica is usually a 2 month wait after CC. Right now April 4/22 CC week are getting August interviews. Check out the Spreadsheet.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Hey there!! My husband just called NVC and they told him our case was completed on June 11th. The problem seems to be that as we initially filed for visas for me and the 3 kids, and Bryan did not meet the income requirements for the four of us this year we decided the best way to go was for me and the baby come first and get the older kids next February, and they needed the the lawyer email them stating this. I guess now its just a matter of waiting for the interview date.

Sorry you have a change a plan that so alters your family. My goodness. But at least February isn't too far off. Hope you get interview soon.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Priority date become current in August 2015 can that help me

So you will become current in August depending what date in August than maybe a October or November interview.

September scheduling will start end of July so you will miss that. Sorry.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Duvalin - ^^ see above^^

when you get a number and you go wait upstairs - don't be worried if its not in order...i noticed different windows for when they collect docs = one was calling all the odd numbers and the other even numbers. so be patient. they called us n order for the interview.

Thank you very much, Zirq! It means a lot.

no the dates changed every single time I called the embassy and they checked the status of the case. Today evening it has actually changed from 'ready' to 'administrative processing'. I've read thats a good sign for approved visas as it's the stage before 'issued' so at least I know something is happening. Hopefully it'll all be over this week.

I hope they tell you what's going on with yours as well. Good luck!

Oh that’s really great, Good luck to you too!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hello Dhweels!

My interview is written down at July 14th but I have contacted the embassy for a reschedule. They won't give me a new date yet, they only told me to "contact us at the end of August for a September interview". That seem like a short time-frame for me, but I am just gonna have to go by what they say and I am guessing the Stockholm embassy isn't very busy when it comes to IV's.

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.