990 posts in this topic

Finally got the visa today!!! So glad this is over!

Everyone who is waiting for CC's, interviews or visa, positive thoughts and prayers are coming your way! Your almost there!

This group has been a blessing dwheels76 and kept me sane! Keep up your awesome work!

I am the beneficiary- Spouse (Sri Lankan citizen) to a US citizen

USCIS

08-26-2014 Form I-130 submitted

08-28-2014 Received NOA1 for I-130

10-01-2014 Form I-129F (K3 visa) submitted

10-14-2014 Received NOA1 for I-129F

01-30-2015 Received NOA 2 for I-130 (5 months and 3 days after) :D

01-30-2015 Received NOA 2 for I-129F (3 months and 2 weeks after)

02-11-2015 Received USCIS update (email notification) that case was dispatched to NVC

NVC

03-03-2015 Received NVC welcome letter via email with the case no and IIN (31 days from NOA2 date)

03-03-2015 Submitted DS-261

03-03-2015 Paid AOS fee

03-18-2015 AOS payment shown as 'paid' (NVC payment portal have had a problem with payments made hence the delay in processing)

03-24-2015 NVC reviewed the DS-261 (spoke to an agent and she reviewed the form over the phone)

03-26-2015 Paid IV fee

03-31-2015 IV payment shown as 'paid'

03-31-2015 Sent in the AOS & IV packages

04-01-2015 Scan date (NVC letter received)

04-02-2015 Submitted DS-260

04-24-2015 Case Complete (24 days from scan date!) :dance:

05-05-2015 Confirmed interview date with NVC over the phone (06-11-2015)

05-07-2015 Received P4 letter

SRI LANKA CONSULATE PROCESSING

05-12-2015 Medical examination (Asiri Surgical Hospital)

05-22-2015 Received of the medical report

06-11-2015 Interview at US Consulate in SL - VISA APPROVED! :D

06-30-2015 Collected the passport form the Consulate (passport was due to be collected in a week from interview date but delay in issuing visa due to the system failure in the US Department of State)

07-12-2015 POE-Minneapolis

Hi Dwheel I have a question my husband who is the petioner sent his Original Marriage Termination to USCIS, so can we bring Copy of his Marriage termination to our interviw which is in 16 days or it must be originals?

Finally got the visa today!!! So glad this is over!

Everyone who is waiting for CC's, interviews or visa, positive thoughts and prayers are coming your way! Your almost there!

This group has been a blessing dwheels76 and kept me sane! Keep up your awesome work!

Congratulation you have wonderful journey :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wooot New Delhi did not go up in a blazing fire lol. I am calling nvc right now!!!!!!

Melissa any word on yours yet? I am loosing hope. My anniversary is Aug20, but looking at your and ShivaniVivek situation i am loosing hope :(

congrats ShivaniVivek.

Timeline

Melissa any word on yours yet? I am loosing hope. My anniversary is Aug20, but looking at your and ShivaniVivek situation i am loosing hope :(

congrats ShivaniVivek.

I called nvc and we are still waiting. I hoping it will be very soon since ShivaniVivek and our CC are very close. So I am praying it will be this week we will have the good news.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

im not sure if its somewhere on the site but can someone break down what ceac update means. I guess the READY one is what I need help with.

AT NVC means at NVC and it hasn't left, or it can say at nvc and it be at the embassy? and AP means AP .. when it says READY does that mean it left NVC and at the embassy and interview is booked? and after the interview ISSUED means the visa is printed and passport is good to go? sorry if its been asked but im just finished with NVC and want to understand the updates

Thanks!

Edited by ItsGonnaBeWorthIt

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Timeline

I called nvc and we are still waiting. I hoping it will be very soon since ShivaniVivek and our CC are very close. So I am praying it will be this week we will have the good news.

Im sure you will have a date soon. Its been far too long.

Hi Dwheel I have a question my husband who is the petioner sent his Original Marriage Termination to USCIS, so can we bring Copy of his Marriage termination to our interviw which is in 16 days or it must be originals?

Hi Rachel,

I think he will need a sentencia for the interview. I only sent my husband's divorce certificate at uscis and both decree and certificate copy to NVC, since NVC does not request the decree but they do at the consulate.

I just read that a fellow Canadian who had interview 10th June just had her status updated to issued. I am really hoping that I get the visa issued by end of week,,,,need to be in U.S Before 18th July!!!!

Out of all the waiting times in this process this has to be one of the most frustrating!!!!

USCIS PROCESSING

Dec 15th 14 I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox
Dec 18th 14 Package received by USCIS - PRIORITY DATE
Dec 22nd 14 Received NOA1 - Sent to Vermont Service Center
Jan 14th 15 Received NOA2. Case Approved with no RFEs
..............................................................................................................................
NVC PROCESSING

Feb 20th 15 Case/IIN No assigned by NVC - allocated to Montreal Consulate
Feb 27TH 15 Received letter from NVC
Mar 1st 15 DS-261 Completed and submitted to NVC
Mar 10th 15 Paid AOS
Apr 3rd 15 Receive IV Bill + Paid IV Bill
Apr 8th 15 IV Fee left bank marked as paid
Apr 8th 15 DS-260 Completed
Apr 9th 15 Sent in IV & AOS packages
Apr 13th 15 Package delivered to NVC
Apr 13th 15 Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt - scan date
May 12th 15 Case Complete with NO Checklist (29 DAYS)
..............................................................................................................................
MONTREAL CONSULATE PROCESSING

May 15th 15 Case sent to Montreal embassy
May 27th 15 Medical in Toronto ,ON
Jun 17th 15 Interview Date in Montreal - APPROVED!!!!
Jul 2nd 15 ISSUED !!!! - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 6th 15 Visa in FINAL PROCESSING - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 8th 15 Email from Loomis/Waybill received
Jul 10th 15 Visa Received IN HAND!!!
Jul 13th 15 Point of Entry in Buffalo, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just read that a fellow Canadian who had interview 10th June just had her status updated to issued. I am really hoping that I get the visa issued by end of week,,,,need to be in U.S Before 18th July!!!!

Out of all the waiting times in this process this has to be one of the most frustrating!!!!

Hi Zirq don't worry IA you will get your visa soon and celebrate EID with your loved ones.

Timeline

Mel, I wish you guys the best of luck, big kudos to you for staying strong. its been getting tougher and tougher for me to keep my spirits up.

Hi Zirq don't worry IA you will get your visa soon and celebrate EID with your loved ones.

Thanks Akazmi....good luck with your interview

Edited by Zirq

USCIS PROCESSING

Dec 15th 14 I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox
Dec 18th 14 Package received by USCIS - PRIORITY DATE
Dec 22nd 14 Received NOA1 - Sent to Vermont Service Center
Jan 14th 15 Received NOA2. Case Approved with no RFEs
NVC PROCESSING

Feb 20th 15 Case/IIN No assigned by NVC - allocated to Montreal Consulate
Feb 27TH 15 Received letter from NVC
Mar 1st 15 DS-261 Completed and submitted to NVC
Mar 10th 15 Paid AOS
Apr 3rd 15 Receive IV Bill + Paid IV Bill
Apr 8th 15 IV Fee left bank marked as paid
Apr 8th 15 DS-260 Completed
Apr 9th 15 Sent in IV & AOS packages
Apr 13th 15 Package delivered to NVC
Apr 13th 15 Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt - scan date
May 12th 15 Case Complete with NO Checklist (29 DAYS)
MONTREAL CONSULATE PROCESSING

May 15th 15 Case sent to Montreal embassy
May 27th 15 Medical in Toronto ,ON
Jun 17th 15 Interview Date in Montreal - APPROVED!!!!
Jul 2nd 15 ISSUED !!!! - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 6th 15 Visa in FINAL PROCESSING - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 8th 15 Email from Loomis/Waybill received
Jul 10th 15 Visa Received IN HAND!!!
Jul 13th 15 Point of Entry in Buffalo, NY

Filed: Timeline

im not sure if its somewhere on the site but can someone break down what ceac update means. I guess the READY one is what I need help with.

AT NVC means at NVC and it hasn't left, or it can say at nvc and it be at the embassy? and AP means AP .. when it says READY does that mean it left NVC and at the embassy and interview is booked? and after the interview ISSUED means the visa is printed and passport is good to go? sorry if its been asked but im just finished with NVC and want to understand the updates

Thanks!

I will try to explain;

When the case is complete and still at NVC, status at CEAC shows "AT NVC"

When interview is scheduled and case is sent to the embassy or consulate, status at CEAC shows "READY"

After the interview and while the visa is being processed, status at CEAC shows " ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING"

When processing is complete and visa is ready, the status at CEAC shows "ISSUED"

Visa is scheduled for pick up

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.