11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

From my time spent here I have noticed that VJ is similar to High School. A lot of people with similar views will band together and go out of their way to make others feel unwelcome or belittle them. This is especially true amongst the long timers, the mods and so on. If a newbie rocks up with a different point of view, they will be shunned and humiliated. Fair enough, you people control this place. But please don't labour under the illusion you are doing good in this world.

My Visa was approved, no thanks to any of the mods or long term members here.

Well that was rude.

What you might view as belittling and unhelpful is usually just plain honesty.

This is not high school, there are not cliques.

And those that "band together" are probably agreeing with each other because they are right in what is being said.

Unless you have clear evidence that this happens, don't come on here and post something that shames people who stay after their journey is over to help others.

No one has to be here, we chose to stay because we want to help.

My visa was approved thanks to ALL of those on here that helped me.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

My Visa was approved, no thanks to any of the mods or long term members here.

I didn't see you asking any questions pertaining to your I-129F or K1 visa :mellow:

Glad to know your immigration path is smooth sailing.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

If someone feels shunned, belittled or humiliated, then the person has every right to hit the report button. We truly just want to help others, which sometimes requires not sugarcoating the truth. I know I would have never completed anything without the help of a lot of people in VJ.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. Congratulations on your approval though. I'm glad to see you still use VJ for other non visa-related concerns. At least we are still helping you in some other way. Since you had success with the process, maybe you can check in once in a while and help others be successful too. Take care.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's an interesting general point to make, that people are often coming on here for different things. Some for facts, some for advice, some for re-assurance. I've certainly benefited from the opinions and facts from the members who have assisted me.

I do generally, find it easier to take the advice on board if I've not had my personal choices questioned for just asking the question :) - and actually no-one has..! (so far :) )

As a professional Tester, when we raise issues, we are always told, just present the facts - don't make it a personal issue as then the person only hears your attack and you have failed to help.

But, everyone on here, is not a professional, just normal fallible people, tempers get raised and passions aflame - and I confess when that happens I abandon reading that thread.

I feel also that people have shown remarkable self-restraint, when they are already so so stressed by this process we are all ground down by.

I also used a Lawyer, as I wanted to minimise my risks, and VJ enabled me to prepare things well in advance of his advice, and avoid all sorts of slips that yes, my legal chappie would probably have fixed - could I have left it all to him? - you bet - would I have worried and worried without reading other people's stories and advice on here definitely.

I'm sorry that you have not had a good experience on here, and I do wish you the very best with the next stages of your process :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since this thread is really more aimed at attacking posters on this site as opposed to the site itself, it will now be closed to further comments.

last_post.png Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

Do not attempt to restart this thread. Doing so will mean admin action.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Threads removed for attacking members, baiting, quoting removed threads~

~Positive administrative action taken~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca