680 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for responding Mariedarragh,

I was actually thinking the same thing. This week should be our week!!! My embassy is Juarez, Mexico so again, my hopes are that we hear something by the end of the week!!

I was told that once we recieve the interview confirmation or P4, the interview will come 3-4 weeks after that. Is this what you have heard??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes. Everything will get to the embassy on time, so don't worry.

subz1987,

Thanks for the encouragement... I called them this morning and got the same assurance that they will be sending it soon, how soon he didn't know.

Will sit back and wait now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am trying to reg in line and I have the right ds-260 number but fro bgt case number is saying not ready for an appoiment I have my case nine be and intervew date do I have to ware for embassy to log it in to do this

Ditto same issue I would like to know to I guess that means we have to wait till it get to that embassy ? Before we can do that

hi everyone,

does anyone know how long it takes for the package to get to the consulate? i tried to register my interview and says it is not ready..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hi!

My husband had his interview last week and was approved. Now I am trying to book him a flight (I am in the US and he is in Tanzania). They are now telling me that Africa has laws that restrict any "third parties" from purchasing the ticket. This means I can not purchase a ticket for him. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I feel so lost because every company is denying my payment.

Thanks!

Hi!

My husband had his interview last week and was approved. Now I am trying to book him a flight (I am in the US and he is in Tanzania). They are now telling me that Africa has laws that restrict any "third parties" from purchasing the ticket. This means I can not purchase a ticket for him. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I feel so lost because every company is denying my payment.

Thanks!

That could be true because of the number of scams.

Timeline

hi everyone,

does anyone know how long it takes for the package to get to the consulate? i tried to register my interview and says it is not ready..

I am trying to reg in line and I have the right ds-260 number but fro bgt case number is saying not ready for an appoiment I have my case nine be and intervew date do I have to ware for embassy to log it in to do this

You might need to wait until your petition shows "ready" before you are able to register. I also tried to do that so I can register DHL but can't until the case is at Embassy and ready.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi!

Thanks!

The whole of Africa???? I was able to buy a ticket without any problem (it's a connection flight though). Try and reserve a ticket online. Edited by blakpanther25

Timeline

Hi!

Thanks!

SGold83,

Try calling the agent/company you want to purchase the ticket from and explain the situation. What they could do is call the financial institution you are using and make a three way call to verify you are the actual owner of the debit/credit card. I did that once for my daughters ticket and it was fine. Good luck.

And I don't think Africa has these rules its the airline that don't want to take a chance of selling from stolen financial information.

Edited by matuiza94

Timeline

Thanks for the tip! I have called emirates three times and they don't seem to want to budge. I will try again. I hope that I can get this sorted soon. They keep saying it's a government law/restriction and they have to follow the laws.

SGold83,

Try calling the agent/company you want to purchase the ticket from and explain the situation. What they could do is call the financial institution you are using and make a three way call to verify you are the actual owner of the debit/credit card. I did that once for my daughters ticket and it was fine. Good luck.

And I don't think Africa has these rules its the airline that don't want to take a chance of selling from stolen financial information.

Timeline

They told me most of Africa. They said that in the last 3-4 months, there have been some laws that prohibit third parties from booking flights. I have called One Travel, CheapOAir, Emirates and a local travel agent and they all say the same. So frustrated!

The whole of Africa???? I was able to buy a ticket without any problem (it's a connection flight though). Try and reserve a ticket online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.