47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hopefully the stolen child/wife wants divorce issues are well behind you. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/495705-help-child-stolen-by-wife-in-russia/

Would be worth a call to the embassy to see if by chance they will issue a return permit. Unlikely as permanent residence has been abandoned. Biometrics for removing conditions won't be done overseas anyway. Don't waste time and money filing for removing conditions. Time to start preparing an I-130.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

I thought the name was familiar.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

What I don't understand is when you filed for the I 751 didn't she receive a 1 yr extension letter as we all do and did?...extending her Conditional Green card for a yr after it is pass due until they finish viewing your case....With this it wouldn't of mattered how long she left...but with out this letter I agree with the rest of the people here is that you are going to have to start all over and hope that USCIS understand.... I don't understand how this became such a mess for you.

I'm surprised the op didn't post his question as if he were "asking for a friend". :rolleyes:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/543932-asking-on-behalf-of-friends-ban-the-practice-edited-title/?p=7568047

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree with some posters. If you file I751 and it is declined you lose time which could be used towards I130 and vice versa. I would make info pass to the USCIS and ask them what would be the course of action. I would not guess. Alternatively, I would consult a good immigration attorney.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

MY wife's conditional green card expired in July 2014. During that time she was in Russia for an extended vacation with our daughter and now we are trying to file to get her back here on her permanent green card. Since her conditional green card expired do I still file the I-751?

Seems from a previous post of yours your wife kidnapped your child and moved to Russia. Not sure how your fathers illness would help in all of this, something just isn't right. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/495705-help-child-stolen-by-wife-in-russia/

Seems from a previous post of yours your wife kidnapped your child and moved to Russia. Not sure how your fathers illness would help in all of this, something just isn't right. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/495705-help-child-stolen-by-wife-in-russia/

Sorry about your dad. but I do not believe that excuse would fly. A significant time has elapsed. Even a sympathizer would have a hard time believing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We were fighting for a while and she said she didn't want to come back, I overreacted under all the stress but that has been resolved.

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

We were fighting for a while and she said she didn't want to come back, I overreacted under all the stress but that has been resolved.

You see USCIS really is non forgiving organization, definitely hate lies, I'm not saying that's your case but is always better to come with true colors, do not hide this things, you should've start with that from the beginning of your post, telling that she stayed overseas because of member family death and now for marital problems this is your first red flag at least in front of us vjners.

My advice, go to a immigration attorney try to be explicit and do not hide anything, starting from there. File for the i130 and get ready to explain why she abandoned her status and give them a good reason to reconsider her admission to the U.S. BEST OF LUCKS FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE.

Timeline

Thank you

You see USCIS really is non forgiving organization, definitely hate lies, I'm not saying that's your case but is always better to come with true colors, do not hide this things, you should've start with that from the beginning of your post, telling that she stayed overseas because of member family death and now for marital problems this is your first red flag at least in front of us vjners.

My advice, go to a immigration attorney try to be explicit and do not hide anything, starting from there. File for the i130 and get ready to explain why she abandoned her status and give them a good reason to reconsider her admission to the U.S. BEST OF LUCKS FOR YOU AND YOUR WIFE.

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

Timeline

So looking at the whole picture and my options it looks to me like I should file a K3/K4 and then AOS on those while filing an I-130 concurrently. It has been less than a year since her green card expired so I thought there was hope with the I-175 with an explanation but it seems the consensus here is to abandon that idea.

xe4sm4.png

cQuqm4.png

K-3s and K-4s are tantamount to obsolete.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Does anyone know how much it costs to consult the Visa Journey immigration lawyers on here?

Is that sarcasm? This is a DIY site.

You'll be filing the I-130. The K3 basically doesn't happen anymore, so although you can file the additional paperwork for it, they generally just get joined up with the pending I-130. She'll get an IR-1 visa in the end. It'll take about a year start to end.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.