Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2015

669 posts in this topic

No need to send the document cover sheet alone :-) Just the BARCODE sheet is sufficient.

I am worried that NVC do not send checklist just because the documents are missing "Document cover sheet that comes with NVC Welcome letter with Enclosed, Unavailable, Not Applicable options". It is mentioned on the page "Pleas put this document on top of your documents when you send them to us".

I have added the BARCODE sheet that we can print after paying the AOS fee.

Good day folks! May ask regarding the AOS tax return, will the NVC mind that my husband can't claim me as his wife yet for the income tax return as im not a US resident yet and no ssn. Would that hurt on our processing?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am worried that NVC do not send checklist just because the documents are missing "Document cover sheet that comes with NVC Welcome letter with Enclosed, Unavailable, Not Applicable options". It is mentioned on the page "Pleas put this document on top of your documents when you send them to us".

I have added the BARCODE sheet that we can print after paying the AOS fee.

this one is fine to use you should be ok. A lot of people do this because they don't want to wait for the welcome letter to come.

Good day folks! May ask regarding the AOS tax return, will the NVC mind that my husband can't claim me as his wife yet for the income tax return as im not a US resident yet and no ssn. Would that hurt on our processing?

You guys can refer here. Me and husband file jointly since i have ssn and been working in us for couple of years.Https://americansabroad.org/issues/taxation/us-tax-implications-of-a-non-american-spouse/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yooohooo received a case complete email today :dancing: finally after a week! Was told by rep that case was completed on April 16. (Checklist scan date march 31st)

Now waiting on the interview date :(... any idea how long do they take to schedule one :clock:

This process is really really annoying!!! it took so long that my case even changed from CR1 to IR1

this one is fine to use you should be ok. A lot of people do this because they don't want to wait for the welcome letter to come.

Thank you for the response. Scan date is April-20-2015. Still waiting for DS-261 to be reviewed, Pay IV fee and then complete DS-260.

Hey there 'upgrade2012'

Great news you got case complete and yes certainly is a very frustrating process and very lengthy. Glad your checklist scan date was March 31st as my most recent one was April 6th. Can only hope we get a cc within a week!!

Edited by BrendanT

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Please HELP: Can I use a copy of my first Barcoded Checklist cover sheet to send the corrected AOS? As NVC checklist email is delaying? Will that work if I know the exact mistake? Or I have to wait for their e-mail?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just paid our IV fee last night, is the wait usually a week before we can start DS-260?

Nebraska Hellhole :devil:

I-130 Sent: 2014-7-16

I-130 NOA1: 2014-7-25

I-130 Approved: 2015-03-16 :dancing:

----------NVC-----------------------

NVC Received : 2015-03-31

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-10

Pay AOS Bill: 2015-04-10

Send AOS Package: 2015-04-20

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-10

Receive IV Bill: 2015-04-22

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package: 2015-04-20

Scan Date: 2015-04-21

Case Complete: 2015-05-01 :dancing:

Interview email: 2015-16-07

Interview date: 2015-23-08

Visa Approved on 2015-23-08 :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Received IR1 Visa on 2015-26-08 :goofy:

Date of Entry into the US 2015-31-08

POE @ JFK :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Timeline

Hey there 'upgrade2012'

Great news you got case complete and yes certainly is a very frustrating process and very lengthy. Glad your checklist scan date was March 31st as my most recent one was April 6th. Can only hope we get a cc within a week!!

Hey Brendan

Yeah case complete is really a relief and you should be hearing something positive soon :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow that's amazing news! Awesome you didn't have to wait for an interview date. Done enough waiting!!

May I ask your scan date? :)

Congrats!!!'

March 26 was the date they listed as receiving the documents ( electronic)

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Timeline

Hi all

I am little confused about the case complete date. Which one should we consider the CC date- the day NVC rep informed that the review is completed OR the day we received the case complete email.

I was told by the rep that the case was completed on April 16 and I received the email today April 23.

Trying to predict when I should be receiving the interview date.

Timeline

Your husband needs to file as Married filing separately and write 'NRA' for your SSN on the form 1040. During interview, the consulate might ask for this tax return and it's a red flag if your husband filed as single even though he's married.

Look here under 'Extra: Tax information' at http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Timeline

Thank you for your reply.

My father (Who is the joint sponsor) meets the poverty guidelines in his I-864. On calling NVC the representative mentioned to write my husbands salary in Part 6.c as he is my household and write mine as $0. Do I still need to provide them with my husbands employment letter stating salary ?

sure...if you include your husband's salary, then include your husband's employment letter stating salary as a proof

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.