Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2015

669 posts in this topic

Hay Guys just a quick question..

when people send in there package which address do they use?

National Visa Center

Attn. CMR AOS

31 Rochester Avenue Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

this one that is on the payment portal cover sheet or

National Visa Center

Attn: DR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

this one that is on the NVC website. i realise the only difference is the attn. part.

thanks

I used he first one, but I don't think it really matters.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

My husbands interview was scheduled in two weeks! It is coming up so quickly and I want to make sure I send him all the documents he needs.

In regards to the affidavit of support, do I need to complete a new one since I completed my 2014 taxes after sending in the original I-864? Does my co-sponsor need to do the same? Or.....can I just send the 2014 tax transcript for my husband to take?

Thanks!

That was fast! I would only send the 2014 tax transcripts to him unless they have specifically asked you to redo I-864.

Timeline

Was an expedited request made in your case or was it processed expediteously anyway because you are from a Philippines? That is a VERY quick process at both, USCIS and NVC, so far...Wow....Good for you...Best wishes...

I believe the cases from Philippines are auto expedited at USCIS but not at NVC.

Hay Guys just a quick question..

when people send in there package which address do they use?

National Visa Center

Attn. CMR AOS

31 Rochester Avenue Suite 100

this one that is on the payment portal cover sheet or

National Visa Center

Attn: DR

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100

this one that is on the NVC website. i realise the only difference is the attn. part.

thanks

I had the exact same question because the website says Attn: DR but the Cover Sheet we print out for the AOS Bar Code says Attn: CMR AOS. So when I had a rep on the phone I asked since I was sending my AOS & IV documents together in one package. The answer was to send it to CMR AOS but he also indicated it probably didn't matter. So I sent it to CMR AOS over night delivery and it was received and scanned the day after no problems.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Shuttle, did you ever get your case sorted out?

yes I did, i kept calling and getting different responses from the reps until i sternly requested to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor said they have some issues with my status, she said they couldn't ascertain if i am a US citizen or a green card holder, that was why my case was put in pending mode. strange right ? so she made me send a copy of my US passport to them via email. the next day i got the welcome to NVC email, with the AOS invoice, i've paid that so im going to send my docs in this week. thanks very much for your concern and follow up, i appreciate it

yes I did, i kept calling and getting different responses from the reps until i sternly requested to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor said they have some issues with my status, she said they couldn't ascertain if i am a US citizen or a green card holder, that was why my case was put in pending mode. strange right ? so she made me send a copy of my US passport to them via email. the next day i got the welcome to NVC email, with the AOS invoice, i've paid that so im going to send my docs in this week. thanks very much for your concern and follow up, i appreciate it

Excellent news! I'm glad you made the extra effort to resolve the problem otherwise you might still be waiting while your case collected dust. Your story was so unique I was curious as to why because it didn't make any sense. Good Luck with the rest of your journey.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Excellent news! I'm glad you made the extra effort to resolve the problem otherwise you might still be waiting while your case collected dust. Your story was so unique I was curious as to why because it didn't make any sense. Good Luck with the rest of your journey.

Thanks a lot,it didn't make any sense to me either, i sent all my supporting doc to uscis when i filed the I-130 so i figured once that was approved, my status was confirmed as well. so, for NVC to turn around and say they were not sure about my status was baffling. Anyways reading experiences on this forum has prepared me for the stress/wait times to be expected, i can't imagine my frustration level now if I didn't run into this forum by default. i kept calling everyday until i got it resolve

Timeline

Thanks a lot,it didn't make any sense to me either, i sent all my supporting doc to uscis when i filed the I-130 so i figured once that was approved, my status was confirmed as well. so, for NVC to turn around and say they were not sure about my status was baffling. Anyways reading experiences on this forum has prepared me for the stress/wait times to be expected, i can't imagine my frustration level now if I didn't run into this forum by default. i kept calling everyday until i got it resolve

That was strange and crazy! Thanks for sharing as now anyone in the same situation can have an idea what might be wrong. Good luck in the rest of the process!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi Guys, any update from NVC on their current processing times? I see some of you have CC after 30days

I-130 Approved : 2004-09-01

NVC Received Case : 2004-10-01

Case Number Assigned: 2004-10-10

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-10-01

Pay AOS Bill and IV Bill : 2014-10-10

Send AOS Package and IV Documents : 2015-01-08

Documents Received by NVC (email notification): 2015-01-12

Received Checklist : 2015-03-17

Sent Updated AOS: 2015-03-26

Scan Date of updated AOS: 2015-03-27

Case Complete: 2015-05-01

Visa Interview Date: 2015-06-07

Hey mate when I called a few days ago he just kept saying 45 days to me but yes some have already got a cc after a scan date as recent as March 23rd and April 1st from what I can see. There is always hope.

Edited by BrendanT

Hi Guys, any update from NVC on their current processing times? I see some of you have CC after 30days

Hey mate when I called a few days ago he just kept saying 45 days to me but yes some have already got a cc after a scan date as recent as March 23rd and April 1st from what I can see. There is always hope.

I haven't heard anything back yet as my 1 month will be completed on 23rd April. Lets hope for the good news everyone.

31-03-2013 Got married
15-08-2014 I-130 sent
19-08-2014 NOA 1
19-11-2014 I-130 Approved
26-01-2015 Received DS-261/AOS Bill
02-02-2015 Paid AOS fee
15-03-2015 Paid IV fee
17-03-2015 Package sent to NVC
23-03-2015 Package received at NVC
24-03-2015 DS 260 submitted online
25-03-2015 Confirmation email received from NVC
21-04-2015 Received Checklist
27-04-2015 Checklist documents sent to NVC
06-06-2015 Received email for case approval

26-08-2015 Interview scheduled for 22nd Sep 2015

22-09-2015 Visa Approved

Hi Hi Saylin, I am angie from singapore just want to pop by and let you know how thankful and grateful towards you and the VJ community.I am grateful and very impressed at the amount of effort and passion put into this guidelines to help people through their green card journey, as the USCIS and NVC really doesn provide much information at all. And am very grateful that you have put in time to patiently answers the same questions over and over again even though you are done with your process=).

I have just completed my interview on 17 Apr 15 at the Singapore USA embassy and am approved. Just waiting to pick up my passport sometime this week. :goofy: I have submitted my timeline to be added to your spreadsheet.

Maybe 2 pointers i would to share during my green card experience are:

1)I did not make as many calls to NVC as advised in the NVC wiki page, as it was an expensive wait on skype (usually waiting 30-45 mins before i go through, and many a times i could not even get through). But nonetheless, the Case number are assigned on time, the IV bill and AOS bill were also invoiced on time. My Case completed/ checklist also were received around 2 months ish upon submission of my documents.

2) Something specific for Singapore US embassy, Aramex is the designated company for returning the passports which have issued a visa. Upon interview approval, the consulate officer handed me a paper(see attached)post-175624-0-85405400-1429539053_thumb.jpg and in it required me to register a user profile. I had a rude shock, when i realised upon leaving the consulate, that the user profile required passport information like passport number, issue date and expiry date. As i had just renewed my passport, i did not have my new details memorised. But i think, my old passport number should be able help me obtain my passport at the end. (wish me luck lol).

Now i am just trying to make arrangements with my company to allow us to return to the usa by 10 June and allow us to continue working in the USA.

Just want to say another big thank you to Saylin and all the best to all who are still in the process of getting a green card!

Edited by sgpr

Hi Hi Saylin, I am angie from singapore just want to pop by and let you know how thankful and grateful towards you and the VJ community.I am grateful and very impressed at the amount of effort and passion put into this guidelines to help people through their green card journey, as the USCIS and NVC really doesn provide much information at all. And am very grateful that you have put in time to patiently answers the same questions over and over again even though you are done with your process=).

I have just completed my interview on 17 Apr 15 at the Singapore USA embassy and am approved. Just waiting to pick up my passport sometime this week. :goofy: I have submitted my timeline to be added to your spreadsheet.

Maybe 2 pointers i would to share during my green card experience are:

1)I did not make as many calls to NVC as advised in the NVC wiki page, as it was an expensive wait on skype (usually waiting 30-45 mins before i go through, and many a times i could not even get through). But nonetheless, the Case number are assigned on time, the IV bill and AOS bill were also invoiced on time. My Case completed/ checklist also were received around 2 months ish upon submission of my documents.

2) Something specific for Singapore US embassy, Aramex is the designated company for returning the passports which have issued a visa. Upon interview approval, the consulate officer handed me a paper(see attached)attachicon.gif20150420_2209211.jpg and in it required me to register a user profile. I had a rude shock, when i realised upon leaving the consulate, that the user profile required passport information like passport number, issue date and expiry date. As i had just renewed my passport, i did not have my new details memorised. But i think, my old passport number should be able help me obtain my passport at the end. (wish me luck lol).

Now i am just trying to make arrangements with my company to allow us to return to the usa by 10 June and allow us to continue working in the USA.

Just want to say another big thank you to Saylin and all the best to all who are still in the process of getting a green card!

Aww, thanks for the kind words! Am happy to help out :) Glad you're nearly at the end of your journey!!

alrighty.... I know I have seen some people post about getting a checklist for the IV fee..... those who have, what happened next.... did you get a cc shortly after?

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Dear fellows,

My scan date was feb 13,
I called April 7, they told me my case should have been reviewed and the rep told me that she will make a notice to a supervisor..

Now, my case is at the supervisor but every time i try to call them to ask about the time they tells me smth different..

Someone told me it takes 2 weeks.. Another one told me 3 weeks and last one told me it may takes up to 42 days..

Can any one tells me what actually happened to him/her or what actually happening there at the nvc?

Thanksss alot :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.