Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2015

669 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations!

The Canadians are having a field day right now with interviews. Not sure how the scheduling works. Some say they don't schedule till month end or start of month but people have been getting dates through the month.

Maybe it is done country by country (Canada comes up un the alphabet). In which case you are not far away. And we are at the bottom end!

Seriously, this is something no one seems to know for sure. I am eagerly waiting as well.

Good luck.

Thanks Ashanu

Its very hard to find out how they work- i can't see any rule in NVC processing!

All we can do is just hope for the best :)

thats normal, u wont be convinced or sure of anything until u get a CC

i did a huge research and doublechecked everything before i sent our documents but since the moment they were sent i doubt everything, its just human i guess :)

Thank you, *iri*, for trying to console me. I think I triple-checked everything, unfortunately, 1040 form is not within my understanding and I trusted my husband. I also know how it is human to make mistakes, but I can't forgive myself for SUCH SILLY mistake. One may say, it is not a big deal, the case will only be delayed for couple of weeks... I know this too, but somehow I just flipped off this time. Like I am losing my head.

Morganalmonshid94, thank you very much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your documents on 22-APR-15.

We are currently receiving an increased number of approved petitions from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. As a result, we are experiencing increased review times for documents received.

We expect it will be at least 60 days from the date we received your mail before we complete the review of your documents. We will notify you when we review your documents.

does that mean they are back to 60 days review or is it just a standart email?

Got the same email this morning. They received our documents on 21-Apr-15.

Standard and generic email. But it seems the NVC is closing out cases in less than 60 days so let's hope they can do the same for us.

Nebraska Hellhole :devil:

I-130 Sent: 2014-7-16

I-130 NOA1: 2014-7-25

I-130 Approved: 2015-03-16 :dancing:

----------NVC-----------------------

NVC Received : 2015-03-31

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-10

Pay AOS Bill: 2015-04-10

Send AOS Package: 2015-04-20

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-10

Receive IV Bill: 2015-04-22

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package: 2015-04-20

Scan Date: 2015-04-21

Case Complete: 2015-05-01 :dancing:

Interview email: 2015-16-07

Interview date: 2015-23-08

Visa Approved on 2015-23-08 :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Received IR1 Visa on 2015-26-08 :goofy:

Date of Entry into the US 2015-31-08

POE @ JFK :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Did anyone been through supervisor review before??

I HAVE, it took me 6 days to get a cc after =)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Dominican Republic
Marriage: 2014-02-03
I-130 Sent : 2014-05-28
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-02
I-130 Approved : 2014-10-30
NVC Received : 2014-11-13
NVC Case: 2014-12-11
DS-261 Filled and Submitted: 2014-12-12
AOS Bill Payment Made: 2014-12-14 (payment portal was having problems/mailed payment)
AOS Bill Showed Paid: 2014-12-16
Received IV Bill: 2014-12-20
Paid IV Bill: 2014-12-24
Sent AOS & IV: 2014-12-17
Package Received by NVC: 2014-12-18
Scanned Date into NVC (e-mail received): 2014-12-18
Submitted DS-260: 2014-12-29
Checklist Received: 2015-02-18 (for not sending the right birth & marriage certificate
Checklist Scaned: 2015-02-23
Supervisor Review Req: 2015-03-31
Case Complete: 2015-04-06
Interview Scheduled: 2015-04-24
Interview Date: 2015-06-03
Package 4 Received: 2015-05-04
Medical Done: 2015-05-19
Interview Result: -
Visa Received: 2015-xx-xx
POE: 2015-xx-xx

Here is the Link for the Spreadsheet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you, *iri*, for trying to console me. I think I triple-checked everything, unfortunately, 1040 form is not within my understanding and I trusted my husband. I also know how it is human to make mistakes, but I can't forgive myself for SUCH SILLY mistake. One may say, it is not a big deal, the case will only be delayed for couple of weeks... I know this too, but somehow I just flipped off this time. Like I am losing my head.

Morganalmonshid94, thank you very much!

i have to trust my hubby with the AOS also and i would react just like you if i would get a checklist (still hoping i wont though :) ), i think i would even get upset with him if the mistake would be on his part :devil:

"One may say, it is not a big deal"- i dont think anybody going through this process would really say that, we all know how u feel and i would be just as sad as u , cuz EVERY day counts for us, im sure u miss ur hubby-cuz so do i *hug*

Timeline

Did anyone been through supervisor review before??

my daughters case is in supervisor review for 3 weeks now, cuz they arent able to cross reference my aos payment to hers :ranting:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi all, happy to join this group! Just paid the AOS fee and submitted the DS-261. Currently waiting for husband's police record from Japan, which will be available next week. Feeling very positive so far about the NVC journey :dancing:

I have a question about translation - can he just translate the document with a statement stating that everything is true/accurate? I was wondering if we need to have the papers notorized...

Timeline

Hi all, happy to join this group! Just paid the AOS fee and submitted the DS-261. Currently waiting for husband's police record from Japan, which will be available next week. Feeling very positive so far about the NVC journey :dancing:

I have a question about translation - can he just translate the document with a statement stating that everything is true/accurate? I was wondering if we need to have the papers notorized...

the translations have to be certified :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I had one of my friends translate the papers because I felt funny sending in papers I translated and saying I was competent to translate haha. But yes, you can translate them and attach a statement saying everything is true and accurate. And no they don't need to be notarized. I just got a case complete without problems with my translations.

Timeline

I HAVE, it took me 6 days to get a cc after =)

My papers are at the supervisor since April 7,almost 3 weeks now.. And i dont know what to do..

my daughters case is in supervisor review for 3 weeks now, cuz they arent able to cross reference my aos payment to hers :ranting:

Did they give u any time frame??

I been there since April 7.. No clue about anything...

Timeline

My papers are at the supervisor since April 7,almost 3 weeks now.. And i dont know what to do..

Did they give u any time frame??

I been there since April 7.. No clue about anything...

yea...42 days :ranting::clock:

Got through to the nicest guy ever at the NVC. Reviewed our DS-261 over the phone and let me know that our package was received today so should have the IV invoice in 3 days. :-)

Also he said and i quote 'its taking around 30 days to review documents' fingers crossed it does only take that long :-)

Married : 2014-08-29 in Detroit MI :)

I-130 Sent : 2014-10-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-10 Texas Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-10

NVC Received : 2015-03-25

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-06

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-04-06

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-06

Send AOS/IV Package : 2015-04-20

NVC Received AOS/IV Package : 2015-04-24

DS-261 Review : 2015-04-24 Over the phone :thumbs:

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-29

Submit DS-260 : 2015-05-01

Checklist scan date; 2015-06-08

CC at NVC : 2015-07-16

Interview Date : 2015-09-21

Visa Received : 2015-09-25

POE : 2015-10-06 :dancing:

Timeline

yea...42 days :ranting::clock:

It's strange that it takes 42 days becuz they give cc nowadays after 30 days and o went to the supervisor becuz my case didn't get reviewed after the 60 days mark.. Ao they should have been much faster than 42 days thing...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.