TBoneTX

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case [Part II]

4,633 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did you receive the welcome letter?

I have read on here numerous times that a tracking number is placed on the USCIS website/emailed to the AOS'er prior to receiving the greencard.

Yes I did receive the welcome letter this past Saturday

I just called USCIS today - using the military hotline- and the lady told me that there is no way to expedite my case - I asked if they could send my green card faster- because it is already approved.

I told her that my husband and I will going to move a few days before August 29, 2015. And we both are worry that the green card will bounce back because we are not stay there anymore.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just called USCIS today - using the military hotline- and the lady told me that there is no way to expedite my case - I asked if they could send my green card faster- because it is already approved.

I told her that my husband and I will going to move a few days before August 29, 2015. And we both are worry that the green card will bounce back because we are not stay there anymore.

That's a shame they can't expedite, 2 months is a long time to receive the greencard after approval!

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

That's a shame they can't expedite, 2 months is a long time to receive the greencard after approval!

I know. Again, I don't want sounded like a crying baby. But, my husband and I are going to move to another state. We don't even know which city we will going to settle in. It would be easy if we already have a permanent address so we can just go and change it later on the USCIS website. But in our case, it is not as simple as that.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

I know. Again, I don't want sounded like a crying baby. But, my husband and I are going to move to another state. We don't even know which city we will going to settle in. It would be easy if we already have a permanent address so we can just go and change it later on the USCIS website. But in our case, it is not as simple as that.

Can you get your mail forwarded? Will USCIS allow greencards to be forwarded or do they mark it undeliverable?

Can you get your mail forwarded? Will USCIS allow greencards to be forwarded or do they mark it undeliverable?

As far as I remember, USCIS won't allow documents like this being forwarded.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Congratulations to all the latest approvals!!!

After 5 Service Requests and calling USCIS almost every Monday morning and claiming to them that it was approaching a year after filing my I-485 and soon would be needing another Medical Exam (which I ALWAYS made it clear to the officer that it wasn't fair that I would need to pay for a second medical exam when they were the ones taking longer than normal wait times) my I -485 was finally approved!!!

I honestly believe that one should keep calling and I quoting about your case (remember to demand speaking to a Tier 2 officer). You might think it won't help any but some officers do give you comforting information. I was told once my case was already 87% complete and that soon I should have an answer (and there weren't any issues with my case).

I had also created and InfoPass appointment which would have been this Friday July 24, 2015 which I will obviously cancel.

Thanks to anyone who has given words of support. This is one long journey which is far from over but I'm relieved to be able to have more flexibility in this country.

After 5 Service Requests and calling USCIS almost every Monday morning and claiming to them that it was approaching a year after filing my I-485 and soon would be needing another Medical Exam (which I ALWAYS made it clear to the officer that it wasn't fair that I would need to pay for a second medical exam when they were the ones taking longer than normal wait times) my I -485 was finally approved!!!

I honestly believe that one should keep calling and I quoting about your case (remember to demand speaking to a Tier 2 officer). You might think it won't help any but some officers do give you comforting information. I was told once my case was already 87% complete and that soon I should have an answer (and there weren't any issues with my case).

I had also created and InfoPass appointment which would have been this Friday July 24, 2015 which I will obviously cancel.

Thanks to anyone who has given words of support. This is one long journey which is far from over but I'm relieved to be able to have more flexibility in this country.

Yay, congrats for the approval, :D

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

Congrats!

congrats! you guys got your gc before my hubby's. See you in ROC!

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Do a mail forward request through USPS! They will forward all the mails to your new address plus you receive the moving coupons from them lol~~

congrats! you guys got your gc before my hubby's. See you in ROC!

Thank you so much!! Sometimes it's hard to comprehend why it takes USCIS so long to make a decision. Just call constantly and speak with a Tier 2 officer. Soon enough you'll be done with AOS and on to ROC. Ser you down th road much luck!!

Do a mail forward request through USPS! They will forward all the mails to your new address plus you receive the moving coupons from them lol~~

Hey, I just saw your timeline, congrats for the approval. But I think you wrote wrong though on your signature, :D. It says June not July. Am I correct?

Anyhow, I read before that USCIS won't forward the mail that contains documents such as a green card. They usually returned if if the applicant doesn't live there anymore.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.