Mad & J

February 2015 filers - Texas Service Center

819 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I wish there was a like button too! Thanks for posting that.

I-129F Sent: January 20, 2015

I-129F Received: January 21, 2015

NOA1 Text & E-mail Received: January 23, 2015

NOA1 Hardcopy Received: January 31, 2015

NOA2 Message Received July 27, 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Not exactly a like button, but on the right side there's a green arrow to upvote a post.

K1 timeline:
I-129F sent: 02/06/2015
NOA-1: 02/12/2015
broke up: 07/09/2015 waiting for application to be canceled...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

So I look through the other months earlier than us, as I usually do.

And it seems like Nov/Dec. petitioners are starting to make inquiries and request assistance from their Congress person's office. The official processing times are up to October correct?

I thought the Congress person couldn't help until the petitioner's NOA1 date reached the official processing time?

Does that mean we can making inquiries and ask for assistance form our local Congress person's office?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I was wondering the same thing myself. When I spoke to mine regarding the issue, he stated that the approvals are taking longer than expected, and the website showing processing times says longer than the 5 month duration as stated by many here.. if USCIS takes the stance that they are backed up and taking longer how do we validate that its actually supposed to be a 5 month wait, before contacting that we are outside of the "normal processing duration"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi NPM,

thanks for the advice :) The address change form is confusing me though. There are 5 rows for forms / case numbers and I can't remove the ones I don't need, plus once I select I129F the language switches to Italian (and the popup messages are in Spanish).. very odd ;) What do I select under "In the US as a" (just below the citizenship information)? "This form is completed by the Application or Petitioner" - is that me or my fiancé?

When we filed the I129F I had entered my parents' address as my mailing address, knowing that it is not going to change in years to come, and now this is also my new address, so the USCIS already has my new address as my mailing address - the answers my fiancé got from them make it sound like the actual address of residence is not important, only the mailing address. Or am I wrong?

Hi Sarah89,

I'm glad TabeaK answered your questions. I just wanted to say that when I filed for change of address, everything remained in english and there were no pop-ups, so yes, the language changing to Italian and pop-up messages coming out on Spanish are weird indeed.. I just checked the link again and it was the same page I used to make the petition, so I don't know what's up with that.

I'm glad it's all solved now, though :)

We're all one day closer to the approval today!

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I-129F Sent: 2015-02-05

I-129F NOA1: 2015-02-12
I-129F NOA2: 2015-08-10

I was wondering the same thing myself. When I spoke to mine regarding the issue, he stated that the approvals are taking longer than expected, and the website showing processing times says longer than the 5 month duration as stated by many here.. if USCIS takes the stance that they are backed up and taking longer how do we validate that its actually supposed to be a 5 month wait, before contacting that we are outside of the "normal processing duration"

People confuse "goal" time with "normal" time. The goal time for i-129fs is 5 months. For TSC, normal time is longer. CSC only has to report that they're within goal...not what they're actually working on.

Go here and read the "instructions for using this chart": https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

"If the field office or service center is meeting its goal for processing a form, you will find the timeframe listed in months. For example, if the office is processing Form N-400 naturalization applications in five months or less, then the chart will say "5 months." However, if the office is experiencing a processing delay, you will find the filing date of the last case that the office completed before updating the chart".

Look at CSC's report and it says "5 months"....so for i-129fs, it seems that 5 months is the goal. So even though CSC is processing in a matter of weeks, they only report that they are within goal time (3 weeks is within 5 months).

TSC is outside goal so then report the last date processed before updating the chart....that establishes "normal" time. Normal and goal isn't the same thing. You "aren't allowed" to have a congressional inquiry until you are outside "normal" time. This is meant to keep people from slipping through cracks (lost files or whatever).

The crime is that they release the reports 6 weeks late (the most recent one was posted in mid-June and the date is "as-of April 30)....and the effect is that they prevent 6 weeks worth of people from being allowed to call. Also the CSC "5 month" thing makes it seem like the difference between the centers isn't that bad. Some congressional contacts understand this, some don't. Some are more willing to try to help even if they're not "allowed", some aren't. Some know what questions to ask, how to push for answers etc others don't.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Approved on July 1st!! Pretty quick, but I think they approve apps from DR pretty quick.. But don't worry, I think that TSC is picking up pace.. I feel like most of your cases will be approved by mid August!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Approved on July 1st!! Pretty quick, but I think they approve apps from DR pretty quick.. But don't worry, I think that TSC is picking up pace.. I feel like most of your cases will be approved by mid August!!

congrats!!

how i cant wait for my approval, my noa1 26 of feb, how i cant wait and everyday i check my uscis , i am from Egypt, hopefully will get my approval soon

congrats!!

how i cant wait for my approval, my noa1 26 of feb, how i cant wait and everyday i check my uscis , i am from Egypt, hopefully will get my approval soon

Don't worry, it will come soon! I Promise!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Did any of you check out ImmiFairy yet? It's probably most useful to us Jan/Feb/Mar 2015 NOA1 peeps... It's helping me not go insane during this crazy long wait. I get see everyday how little work USCIS does in real-time lol...

Did any of you check out ImmiFairy yet? It's probably most useful to us Jan/Feb/Mar 2015 NOA1 peeps... It's helping me not go insane during this crazy long wait. I get see everyday how little work USCIS does in real-time lol...

I did. but they will require you to pay to see the updates :(

" This content is for Bronze, Silver and Gold members (Silver, Bronze & Gold) only." -_-

I'm finally done! took oath at DEC 2019 😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.