KristinD

NY Times article about processing times. Need info by Monday.

91 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

5th circuit appeal is nodoubt getting stamped by the clerk today, but whether the appeals court will reverse the TRO..... that is the 2 Trillion dollar question.

THIS SENATE PIECE SHOCKED ME !!! When you read the pages and pages of Executive Orders turning ICE into diaper changers (not a joke!!!!) and blocking Police around the country from enforcing the laws; you really wonder why the Articles of Impeachment aren't already drafted.

ICE RELEASES 36,000 Hard Criminals in 2013 by Executive ORDER !!!. Around 200 convicted Murders included, 400+ convicted kidnappers, and over 5,000 Convicted Rapists (including child victims !!!) .. and guess what... 1,000+ were ARRESTED AGAIN in 2013-2014 with a long list of violent crimes.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/16/sen-sessions-releases-lengthy-timeline-of-obama-administrations-dismantling-of-immigration-law/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

5th circuit appeal is nodoubt getting stamped by the clerk today, but whether the appeals court will reverse the TRO..... that is the 2 Trillion dollar question.

THIS SENATE PIECE SHOCKED ME !!! When you read the pages and pages of Executive Orders turning ICE into diaper changers (not a joke!!!!) and blocking Police around the country from enforcing the laws; you really wonder why the Articles of Impeachment aren't already drafted.

ICE RELEASES 36,000 Hard Criminals in 2013 by Executive ORDER !!!. Around 200 convicted Murders included, 400+ convicted kidnappers, and over 5,000 Convicted Rapists (including child victims !!!) .. and guess what... 1,000+ were ARRESTED AGAIN in 2013-2014 with a long list of violent crimes.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/16/sen-sessions-releases-lengthy-timeline-of-obama-administrations-dismantling-of-immigration-law/

I don't think they can. If you read the findings and the reasoning for the blocking, I can't see anyway that the appellate court would overturn it while the other case is still open. I think the block will be in place until the court ruling. It's long read but worth every page of it (123). Regardless of position I really don't see how the injunction could be lifted and on what grounds.....

http://pdfserver.amlaw.com/nlj/texas_immigration_20150216.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Do you need something from me? You should have my story already from the letters I've written but I can link you again.

Keep this topic hot!!!

Texas filers let's GO!! Send your stories to helptscnow@gmail.com . How did you meet? When did you file? How is the news of the delay affecting your life? Extra flight costs for more visits, even if your overseas fiancé is at risk of denial at the border? Time off work/lost wages? Do you have a baby on the way? Are you heartbroken seeing California filers receive their noa2s and having interviews scheduled while we sit here knowing we still have 4 or 5 months of sitting and waiting in the dark?

NOW IS THE TIME TO SPEAK UP (if you haven't already hah)

I am not having that problem at TSC... But then again I am a CR-1 filer.. and not a I-129 filer.. It appears that TSC is not processing the Fiancee visa as fast as they are the CR-1 visa...I filed in Mid November and had my NOA-2 on Feb 6th.... I just got an e-mail today that they sent my petition to NVC on Feb. 11th.... and it was NOT transferred to CSC or VSC.... It was at TSC the whole time...

Edited by tiko1426

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi all, just a heads up! She has all the info, waiting on her to respond. Thank you for all of your stories. Worst case, I'll write the story and pitch it to anyone that will open an ear to me :) Hoping I have news for you tomorrow. Just wanted you to know I'm still here and reading, just silently because I'm slammed lol

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Timeline

Good news/ bad news. Just spoke with her. We are not priority this week (understandably because of the news).

But......she wants to do a story on processing times, the difference in them and also the priority of visa types. So, she's still on board.

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good news/ bad news. Just spoke with her. We are not priority this week (understandably because of the news).

But......she wants to do a story on processing times, the difference in them and also the priority of visa types. So, she's still on board.

Well at least that isn't a no.

And I think an article on processing times and the differences would be good.

Family visa's are already supposed to have high priority, but who really knows. I mean the USCIS is sorta like a big "black box". Stuff goes in one side and stuff does eventually come out the other side, but sometimes the reasons for it don't seem to make sense to the public. At least that is how I see it.

For all we know they just randomly pick up files from a stack as they want....doubtful but you never know!

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I sent our story in on Monday and never received a response and it wasn't posted. Not sure if it was received or not.

Oct 2007 - Met online via OkCupid and then at coffee house in Austin

Dec 2010 - He moved back to Mexico

July 2011 - I moved to Mexico

June 2013 - Moved back home to prepare for birth of our child

Sept 2013 - Our baby arrived!

16 Oct 2014 - Mailed I-129F

17 Oct 2014 - I-129F Delivered to USCIS
22 Oct 2014 - Check cleared

22 Oct 2014 - NOA1 Received via Email

25 Oct 2014 - NOA1 Received Hard Copy

13 May 2015 - NOA2 Received Hard Copy (200 days after NOA1)

29 May 2015 - Sent to NVC

Timeline

Another quick update:

I know I don't respond a lot, that doesn't mean I'm not reading anything.

So along with the reporter, I spoke with the Ombudsman Liason, explained everything and she agreed to bring the issue to the head of the department to see if they can legally file a complaint. She emailed back to confirm she received the files and that she was able to open them.

Stef has something in the works with a contact in Washington....and...I'm a complete idiot and forgot that I grew up two streets away from a house rep for Indiana.

Just shot him a quick email begging for help and his contacts and reminding him that he totally drove me from the airport in LA (hey anything helps, I grew up with his brother and we were on the same plane, he was heading to play college Jeopardy. Super random.)

So just because I'm silent doesn't mean that I've given up. Plus Jack is in town so trying to not spend my time on the computer.

Thoughts: Think about random connections you have, do you know ANYONE, anywhere that we can reach out to on a personal level? I'll follow up and ring the house rep in the morning.

Best,

Kristin

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

UPDATE

Kristin came up with another idea today of how we can continue to get the word out. She filed a complaint with the Dept of Homeland Security (DHS) through their public affairs/Office of the Inspector General (OIG). They have an online form and you can remain anonymous if you want. Our idea is to bombard the DHS OIG with complaints regarding the same issue, which is the processing times difference between the TSC and CSC. All of us in the Skunkworks have submitted a complaint via this online form and we're requesting that all of you do the same, if willing. The point being that the more complaints they receive, then maybe someone will actually take a look. As per normal, we don't expect much from this venture, but it is definitely worth a try. The link is:

http://www.oig.dhs.g...id=1&Itemid=133

They limit the complaint to 4000 characters and no attachments. When completing the form, if you want to remain anonymous, don't enter any of your personal information and click the remain-anonymous check-box at the bottom of the page. In addition, we chose miscellaneous and management from the respective drop-down boxes when completing the form. Finally, here are two examples:

The USCIS has allowed a petition processing time imbalance to develop for the Petition for Alien Fiance, form I-129F. They have taken no action to correct the problem. This petition is processed in two service centers, the California (CSC) and Texas (TSC) service centers respectively. Currently the CSC processes the I-129F petition in approximately 21 days whereas the TSC processes it in approximately 205 days. This creates a significant advantage for petitioners whose packet is routed to the CSC. The routing procedure is based on the petitioner's state of residence. Although there will always be some time difference between processing centers, this difference has been allowed to become excessive and unfair to those who file the petition, as the application fee remains the same regardless of which service center processes the petition. The USCIS has mismanaged the workload for this petition severely. Despite direct reports of the existence of such a processing times discrepancy and repeated requests for corrective action to be taken, the USCIS has not only refused to take such action, they have repudiated the very existence of the processing times imbalance completely.

----------------------------

I am writing to you on the issue of the current processing times between the two service centers of California and Texas for I-129F (Fiance) petitions. I am the petitioner, living in Rhode Island, so my I-129F was sent to Texas Service Center for processing, received 11/18/14, so I am well within the "current processing times," and I am NOT asking for an inquiry into my specific case.

My apologies if this is not the incorrect avenue to pursue this issue, if so I would deeply appreciate information for who I should be contacting.

The problem is that California and Texas are currently processing (approving) these petitions at a rate of 1:8. I have spoken to filers in California that have filed long after me who have received their second notice of action and their beneficiaries are well on their way and scheduling medicals and interviews. One California filer I spoke to who had her first Notice of Action also in November just had her interview and final visa approval. I, on the other hand, and facing a wait of *at least* 4-5 more months, barring any additional delays at Texas Service Center.

An average of ~21 days (California) vs ~203 days (Texas) for these petitions is *absolutely unacceptable*.

For a visual of where these numbers and data are coming from, please look to the second set of charts at this link (Where it says “Step 2: I-129F Processing Time at Service Centers --> I-129F NOA1 to NOA2 (Approval) Time”):

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical

Visajourney.com is a popular resource for all immigration processes, and forum members enter their data into a timeline system, which produces these graphs. The members of this forum have no incentive to lie or provide false information, as they are volunteering to come to this site and add their data and also look to it as a source of knowledge.

Our end goal is to not only figure out WHY there is such a large discrepancy, but to *rebalance the two service centers*, whatever the solution may be.

I and several others have attempted to address USCIS directly, or through our Senators and Congressman, and we have all received the same canned answer. "They" refuse to address that this problem even exists, and often just defer us back to their "official processing times," which obviously do not reflect the large difference you see in the graphs above. However, the data does not lie.

Your time is greatly appreciated, thank you for reading.

Feel free to copy-n-paste or enter whatever you want.

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Timeline

I found a typo in the second example

"My apologies if this is the incorrect avenue..."

Remove the double negative

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

So my fiancé is from Georgia and his senator has a pretty good stance on legal immigration over illegal immigration. I've been reading over his website and I feel compelled to at least contact him with regards to the current legal immigration issues with the slow TSC and unfairly fast CSC and considering all the DACA/DAPA things happening I feel it's worth a shot. So I'll be writing this letter and my fiancé basically signing it (he's not the best at letter writing) :) this will be a first for me for this so any input on what I should include would be appreciated :)

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Timeline

I sent our story in on Monday and never received a response and it wasn't posted. Not sure if it was received or not.

It was. The rest of the stories were put onto the tumblr just now, and K has it for Julia Preston.

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.