sasafan

She wants to be back after divorce!!!! Now what?

35 posts in this topic

Hello. Thank you all for your reply in advance. My story short, that my wife filled for divorce whil we live together, after it was finalized I went to get my divorce decree, and started to apply for ROC waiver , my lawyer said that I better wait to the 90 days window ,divorce finalized last sep. Any ways we never stopped texting me and my ex. And this last month she started to talk much about us going back together and remarry and how wrong she was and she sent me a reminder that I need to renew my green card soon and she wants to help!!!! Any ways I really mad at her of doing this to us and more mad about being more confused. I'm not decided yet if we go back and remarry or better wait , I love her but it seems that it is more than love to be married Now I would like to know the following plz

--- if we are not married until after GC renewal 90 days window and I will need to file RoC , how can she help? A friend told me that she writes a statement that we married of good faith? Is that so or she might do something else? And if that what is needed what is the form or what to white in this statement?

--- if we married before Removal of conditions , does this mean that we can apply jointly? Will this affect the case that we divorced in the middle or we may get denied we have many proofs that we lived together until last sep, and we have hundreds of texts after that .or I still need to file for ROC waiver whil we are married?

Thank you.

Edited by sasafan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

It's Sunday morning, or a a early afternoon

I would guess that is a quiet time around here.

Unfortunately I can't give any advice, but I am replying to your post to keep it active.

Good luck!

It's Sunday morning, or a a early afternoon

I would guess that is a quiet time around here.

Unfortunately I can't give any advice, but I am replying to your post to keep it active.

Good luck!

Thank you so much it is really kind of you , I know it is calm around here with about 100 views lol I guess I'm just nervous thanks again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

It might be that everyone is confused about your case. If there is precedent, I am not aware of it. I think it is at least safe to say that USCIS will ask a lot of questions.

It might be that everyone is confused about your case. If there is precedent, I am not aware of it. I think it is at least safe to say that USCIS will ask a lot of questions.

Thank you for your reply , I m confused myself but the lawyer doesn't give a clear answer too of course he will lose lots of money if I'm back to my ex wife and applied jointly .

IMHO, you should ROC with waiver, and get your 10 years Green Card first.

You ex could still help you by writing a letter stating marriage was in good faith but did not work out.

From your previous topics, your ex sounds crazy and was threatening you, kicking you out of the house.

You never know if she is trying to manipulating you now.

You should wait and see her true color before rushing to remarry her again.

This is the sound of my head , everyone says I should not trust her no more but she keeps repeating all time that she has changed much since divorce and I should give her second chance to prove it . Thank you for your help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with Merrytooth. File with a waiver get your card. Also don't wait to file, do it now since the divorce was final in Sept.

Don't let your ex mess it up for you get it done now.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Timeline

Remember that USCIS is on the lookout for both spouses who marry solely for a green card, and couples who jointly have no good faith intention of being married.

My personal - and it's purely a personal guess - is that if you remarried, USCIS would look on it favorably. If either of you was intending to engage in fraud, why would you remarry? You would have just stayed together through ROC, then divorced.

A letter from your wife will probably be of very little value. It's exactly what you would do if you jointly were intending to enter, then end, a sham marriage.

I'd also think about what your divorce settlement provided. The ultimate "dealbreaker" for USCIS is if you paid her to marry you. Is there any way the divorce settlement could be interpreted as you giving her money for entering into a sham marriage?

But USCIS is not there to judge people's temperments or whether they make life decisions the immigration officer deems "rational." Most likely your review will be the same as if you hadn't divorced, or hadn't divorced then remarried. They will look at what steps you took to join and combine your lives when you got married. If you did what you were "supposed" to do in this regard, up until the time of the initial separation, you should be fine.

Filed: Timeline

You should think hard about that dude and tell her

she has to get counseling and anger management B4

you think about the marriage route....that kind of

behavior don't change overnite.

manipulative, codependency, abusive & maybe mental is

the issues, she will be sweet & later have U arrested for

claims of abuse leading maybe to an assault charge and

possible deportation after setting you up...be careful

I agree with Merrytooth. File with a waiver get your card. Also don't wait to file, do it now since the divorce was final in Sept.

Don't let your ex mess it up for you get it done now.

Yes she messes me up all the way , i will try with my lawyer to do it now as he says no need to hurry . Thank you for your supportive reply

Remember that USCIS is on the lookout for both spouses who marry solely for a green card, and couples who jointly have no good faith intention of being married.

My personal - and it's purely a personal guess - is that if you remarried, USCIS would look on it favorably. If either of you was intending to engage in fraud, why would you remarry? You would have just stayed together through ROC, then divorced.

A letter from your wife will probably be of very little value. It's exactly what you would do if you jointly were intending to enter, then end, a sham marriage.

I'd also think about what your divorce settlement provided. The ultimate "dealbreaker" for USCIS is if you paid her to marry you. Is there any way the divorce settlement could be interpreted as you giving her money for entering into a sham marriage?

But USCIS is not there to judge people's temperments or whether they make life decisions the immigration officer deems "rational." Most likely your review will be the same as if you hadn't divorced, or hadn't divorced then remarried. They will look at what steps you took to join and combine your lives when you got married. If you did what you were "supposed" to do in this regard, up until the time of the initial separation, you should be fine.

I'm not sure I got what you wrote but we married for love and divorced coz she wanted divorce for her own reasons and if I get back to her I will only do it if I found that I cannot live with out her . She used to threaten me with uscis that is why I want things to be clear to me first . Thank you for taking time to reply . Edited by sasafan

You should think hard about that dude and tell her

she has to get counseling and anger management B4

you think about the marriage route....that kind of

behavior don't change overnite.

manipulative, codependency, abusive & maybe mental is

the issues, she will be sweet & later have U arrested for

claims of abuse leading maybe to an assault charge and

possible deportation after setting you up...be careful

Thank you for the idea of counseling at least she needs it for herself . Yes I do not trust her . And yes she can never change overnight. Thx again for this answer .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.