HislittleSecret

February 2015 filers

208 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Private messages that violate the TOS can be reported via the Report button.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Happy days :dancing::dancing::dancing: So far a super fast smooth journey :) . Today we have checked with NVC about our reference number. there was a nice lady and she gave us our reference number. it was about 35 mints wait when we did call the number(202-485-7600). Wish everybody here a super fast and smooth journey.

We called this week this number, they said we must call the other one (603 if im not wrong). So, we still cant know neither our case number nor whether my case has been sent to the Embassy. Anyway, Im not in a hurry since I still have to get some documents from my home country (birth certificate and police records) and I will be able to start this paperwork in April, and it will take me up to a month until I recieve all those documents by mail.

But well, I just wanted to have any update about my case.

I dont know why they give that number (that I also found it on the NVC webpage), and then tell us to call the other one. :ranting:

K1

02-02-2015 Package Sent by Express Mail

06-15-2015 Interview: APPROVED :dancing:

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

10-09-2015 Wedding (L):wub:

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS

11-09-2015 AOS, EAD & AP Sent by Express Mail (Dearborn Address)

11-19-2015 AOS, EAD & AP confirmation e-mails received

12-14-2015 Biometrics completed

01-06-2016 AOS Approved :dance:

01-11-2016 GREEN CARD in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

11-06-2017 Package Sent by Express Mail 

11-13-2017 NOA received

12-05-2017 Biometrics completed

08-18-2018 Copy of extension letter received

10-16-2018 Original extension letter received

Naturalization

01-26-2019 N-400 filled online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations and good luck to us all.

How did you find out you were approved?? Where are you looking that the status hasn't changed?

I did not get an email even though I should have. I made an account on USCIS website and have checked it pretty frequently.

Yes, I have heard the NVC process can take a few weeks but I've also heard of people making their appointment before NVC has notified them and that it's worked out fine that way.

I found out I was approved through an email that USCIS sent me. I actually received it March 17th 2015 around 7pm and then I received the text message as well. After that I logged into my USCIS account and checked my status and it said my case was approved. Then I signed out to be sure and just went directly to "Check Case Status", without logging into USCIS, and then typed in my case # and there it showed that my case had been updated and approved. How did you find out? Hmmm... I don't want to risk making my appointment before NVC gives me a new case number but then again... I'm pretty sure I can change my appointment date right? Thanks!

- Frida

We called NVC today, after about 5 hours calling, my fiance could get through.

My case is already at the Embassy in Argentina.

What i want to know is, how can I know when the NVC recieved our case? to update it on my timeline.

K1

02-02-2015 Package Sent by Express Mail

06-15-2015 Interview: APPROVED :dancing:

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

10-09-2015 Wedding (L):wub:

AOS

11-09-2015 AOS, EAD & AP Sent by Express Mail (Dearborn Address)

11-19-2015 AOS, EAD & AP confirmation e-mails received

12-14-2015 Biometrics completed

01-06-2016 AOS Approved :dance:

01-11-2016 GREEN CARD in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

11-06-2017 Package Sent by Express Mail 

11-13-2017 NOA received

12-05-2017 Biometrics completed

08-18-2018 Copy of extension letter received

10-16-2018 Original extension letter received

Naturalization

01-26-2019 N-400 filled online

Timeline

Hello everyone! This is my first post but I have been browsing the site for over a month as I was preparing the application and had many questions. This website has been such a blessing. Every single question that pops in my head has already been asked and answered! :)

I mailed my packet on February 21st, and my NOA1 date is February 27th. It's funny how I know that I have many months of waiting ahead of me but I'm still praying for a miracle! I'd love to have my fiancé here by August. Unlikely, seeing how long Texas takes, but I'm still hoping!

Good luck to all of the other February Filers, especially those assigned to TSC!
(L) Dariana

event.png

February filer here! Just found out that I will be receiving an RFE soon in the mail. Hoping and praying that its nothing complicated! :)

"If you know you have to wait anyway, why not make a decision to enjoy your life while you're waiting? why not be happy while GOD is in the process of changing things? after all, there's nothing we can really do to make it happen any faster. we might as well relax and enjoy our lives, knowing that at the appointed time, God is going to bring his plan to pass" (L) ^_^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! February filer too. We sent out our i-129f packet on feb 23 and got our NOA1 on march 6 via snail mail. still no NOA2 til now. We're at CSC .. Has anyone sent it on Feb 23 and still did not get the NOA2 yet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Mailed ours February 14th... Still waiting. This is our 2nd application so I thought that was causing the delay? Also, my package was 6#...sent them lots of proof of our relationship. Maybe they're fighting over who gets the short straw? Uggh, glad we're not the only ones without a NOA2 yet... Wondering why things have slowed down???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mailed ours February 14th... Still waiting. This is our 2nd application so I thought that was causing the delay? Also, my package was 6#...sent them lots of proof of our relationship. Maybe they're fighting over who gets the short straw? Uggh, glad we're not the only ones without a NOA2 yet... Wondering why things have slowed down???

We're wondering the same thing .. all we can do wait .. :clock:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Looks like some March filers have gotten NOA2 's.... Hmmm I also see that they're moving some Texas service center cases to Cali. That's great all long as our cases don't get lost in the process.

Timeline

Looks like some March filers have gotten NOA2 's.... Hmmm I also see that they're moving some Texas service center cases to Cali. That's great all long as our cases don't get lost in the process.

Oh wow, I hope mine gets moved to Cali! Those of us at the Texas service center are facing 7 month waits JUST for an NOA2. So unfair, in my opinion! I think the right thing for them to do is transfer as many cases over to Cali as possible to even out the waiting period.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi all fellow February filers,

My fiancé and I received NOA 1 on Feb. 18, and a few days later my fiancé received a hard copy in the mail. I've checked our case status on USCIS website multiple times since, and I just want to make sure that the following message that I keep getting is normal for the time being. Our case is at TCS.

On February 18, 2015, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number SRCxxxxxxxxxx, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by March 20, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

What do you think? your answers are greatly appreciated.

-Marie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.