DarkKiss

POE Miami....Avoid if possible!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

My fiance entered the US through Miami Int'l on Dec 4, 2014. He said that there were approx. 200 or more people ahead of him in the non-immigrant line. Don't know if it was because of the upcoming holidays...maybe, but anyway it took him almost three hours to clear customs, causing him to miss his connecting flight to Houston.

American Airlines.....good people. They gave him a Hotel voucher for food and accommodations at a 5 Star Hotel. Amazing! He was put on another plane the next day and arrived here a day later.

Just wanted to let everybody know that if you are planning to POE in Miami this month....don't.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, to be honest Miami is always like that, at least all the times I have been there it didn't take less than 2 hours and before they even had a sign saying they don't have enough people to work!!

My fiance entered the US through Miami Int'l on Dec 4, 2014. He said that there were approx. 200 or more people ahead of him in the non-immigrant line. Don't know if it was because of the upcoming holidays...maybe, but anyway it took him almost three hours to clear customs, causing him to miss his connecting flight to Houston.

American Airlines.....good people. They gave him a Hotel voucher for food and accommodations at a 5 Star Hotel. Amazing! He was put on another plane the next day and arrived here a day later.

Just wanted to let everybody know that if you are planning to POE in Miami this month....don't.

Miami is a port of entry for most flights arriving from Latin America, plus many from Europe. Who usually arrive about the same time and that is hundreds of people shoing up at once!

Whenever I fly into Miami, internationally, I allow at least 4 hours for a connecting flight.

oh ..hah...I went to San Francisco via Miami....I thought I had plenty of time to clear customs, using American Airlines. I missed the connecting flight but AA gave me another ticket in the next flight. I had a bad experience flying with AA, OLD PLANES!! I had a mild panic attack from Miami to San Francisco..no fun.

So, I read the POEs experiences here, and Atlanta was a perfect choice for me, two reasons...the flight from Atlanta to SF is shorter than MIA-SFO or NYC-SFO....and they have a line for the k1 visas, and I don't know if MIA has that special line.

At least they gave your fiance a hotel :)

10/08/2014 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

10/16/2014 - NOAs:

11/18/2014 - Bio. Appointment

11/25/2014 - AOS Update (Ready for Interview)

12/30/2014 - EAD Approved (Card in production)

12/30/2014 - AP Approved

01/06/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

01/07/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

01/14/2015 - AOS Update (Interview scheduled)

02/18/2015 - AOS Interview (Approved!)

02/18/2015 - AOS Updated (Card is being produced)

02/19/2015 - Welcome Notice Mailed

02/24/2015 - Welcome Notice Received

02/24/2015 - Card mailed

02/27/2015 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

12/27/2016 - ROC filed (California Service Center)

12/28/2016 - NOA

01/08/2017 - Bio. Appointment Notice received

01/25/2017 - Bio. Appointment done.

12/12/2017 - I-551 Stamp on passport

06/12/2017 - "Approval Notice" DHS website (notice mailed)

06/12/2018 - Card in production

06/16/2018 - Approval Notice/Notice of Action received in the mail.

06/19/2018 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

oh ..hah...I went to San Francisco via Miami....I thought I had plenty of time to clear customs, using American Airlines. I missed the connecting flight but AA gave me another ticket in the next flight. I had a bad experience flying with AA, OLD PLANES!! I had a mild panic attack from Miami to San Francisco..no fun.

So, I read the POEs experiences here, and Atlanta was a perfect choice for me, two reasons...the flight from Atlanta to SF is shorter than MIA-SFO or NYC-SFO....and they have a line for the k1 visas, and I don't know if MIA has that special line.

At least they gave your fiance a hotel :)

I have had Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte and DC POE, definitely I like Charlotte the most, the airport is good and not that busy (Comparing to MIA or ATL).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MIA is the busiest for customs. I almost always miss my flight and I set my connecting flight for 5 hours after I land in MIA. I try to go through customs in Chicago, it is easier.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband POE was miami and he had no issues no long waiting was very fast .That was in January of this year.But it is a very busy airport

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow im kind of surprised to read this. I was gonna book my fiancè for Miami POE over ATL. ATL immigration officers have always been rude but I've never had an issue at Miami. And the longest I've ever waited in line was 30 mins.... maybe because im not an immigrant lol...Im actually closer to Atlanta. Hmmmm. Something to think about

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Miami a place full of immigrants is just not ready one reason being is they have been dealing with a huge illegal immigration problem so the port of entry there is not immigrant friendly.

When i travelled to the dominican in june of last year, our flight from houston was delayed and i missed my connecting flight in miami. American airlines in miami gave me 50% of hotel accomodations and no food vouchers. I think that they should of given me a free room, and free food since i didnt have my luggage or anything. Good thing they gave him a free room and food.

8/22/15 Received notice of interview "call in letter" for September 1st 8am

9/01/15 AOS Interview Houston-APPROVED!

9/01/15 Card in production, Welcome notice has been mailed

9/05/15 Welcome Notice Received

9/08/15 Greencard was mailed

9/10/15 GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!!

ROC

6/2/17 mailed I-751 to csc priority mail

7/1/17 I-751 returned rejected (multiple items)

7/3/17 I-751 mailed again with signature confirmation

7/6/17 second I-751 delivered and signed for by Daniel Manchaca

7/10/17  Check Cashed

7/10/17  NOA

7/22/17  Biometrics letter for 8/2/17

8/02/17 Biometrics appointment DONE

3/05/18 case moved to local office

8/25/18 Extension letter (18 months)

9/29/18 service request submitted

10/06/18 response to service request

10/11/18  approved. No RFE, no interview

10/16/18  approval letter received in the mail

10/19/18 greencard received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Barbados
Timeline

Well , my PoE is MIA on Wed. Hope for the best.

02 Aug 2012 -- Met online

23 Feb 2013 -- Relations began (L)

19 May 2014 -- Visited! :luv:

26 Jun 2014 -- Engaged :dancing:

15 Oct 2014 -- I-129F package finished and mailed to Dallas

17 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 (email) TSC

22 Oct 2014 -- ARN updated

13 May 2015 -- NOA2 (email) :dancing:

19 May 2015 -- NOA2 Hardcopy

4 June 2015 -- NVC received (I think lol) Case number assigned.

11th June 2015 -- NVC sent to Bridgetown

16th June 2015 -- Bridgetown received

17th June 2015 - PCKT3 received
30th June 2015 - PCKT4 received

9th July 2015 - Medical (too many needles :/ )

21st July 2015 - Interview date :goofy:

10th August 2015 - Approved

12th August 2015 - Issued

13th August 2015 - Visa in hand via DHL

24th August 2015 - US arrival (POE MIA)

I am the beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It was because it was Art Basel here, he came through the worst weekend ever, besides Memorial Day. It's not always like that. There we're protests here and traffic was insane.

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.