Prince-Akeem

Sponsor is pregnant - how does this affect our application?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Also how old is your daughter ?

Op said 4 years old.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Unless you're wanting to stay in Vietnam for the birth you should be done in time for your wife to give birth in the USA. Unless she is a high risk pregnancy and unable to fly, most women can fly up to their last month.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

My wife petitioned for our daughter and I and since then we found out she is pregnant. Our interview will be at the US consulate in Vietnam but no date is set as we still haven't sent out package to the NVC, only paid fees.

We're now unsure what happens - do we start a new i-130 application or do we advise them during the interview? If the visa's approved do they expedite in cases of a new born or will we have to remain in Vietnam for a third visa application, or is it allowed (if approved) for us to enter with the baby on a tourist visa and apply in-country?

Any advice or sharing of similar experience is appreciated.

Thanks.

NO expedite for a pregnancy or baby.

My wife petitioned for our daughter and I and since then we found out she is pregnant. Our interview will be at the US consulate in Vietnam but no date is set as we still haven't sent out package to the NVC, only paid fees.

We're now unsure what happens - do we start a new i-130 application or do we advise them during the interview? If the visa's approved do they expedite in cases of a new born or will we have to remain in Vietnam for a third visa application, or is it allowed (if approved) for us to enter with the baby on a tourist visa and apply in-country?

Any advice or sharing of similar experience is appreciated.

Thanks.

No connection to his question either.

There is a connection. The op asked about expedite in the first post. See above... You should read complete posts and threads before you comment my fan dancin' friend.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi All, Thanks for your time.

We found out about the baby in early/mid July after starting this process. It's due in February but we're not sure if we will have an interview before the birth as we have not sent our "package" to the NVC yet. I am waiting for additional documents from the UK and my wife for her tax transcripts to be available.

We have also chosen to have the birth in Bangkok so if appointed an interview date whilst there we will have to notify them to reschedule.

To share a little background; we recieved our NOA in mid June/early July stating that our application was approved and had now been passed to the NVC. Post in Vietnam is not reliable so I'm not sure when we actually recieved it but the letter states "notification: 19th June".

Early August we recieved a letter from the NVC asking us to establish a connection. We did not do this until September as we were on holiday. So any delays between phases is due to us so far.

We have never expected to be "fast tracked" as of course there might be a lot more births. Our question was, if they approve our visa before the baby is born do they fast track the babies process once started after birth as ours is approved?

What we're understanding now is that until the baby is born and has a birth certificate and passport, we can do nothing. So our intention is to notify them during interview, if the baby is not born by then and we succeed in getting an interview before. If not, we intend to start a new i-130 process as soon as we can after birth.

For establishing domicile, we're trying to secure an agreed offer and start date. Expecting a child makes it more difficult to do this but the potential employers have both repeatedly asked how our immigration process is moving forward and repeatedly returned to check on us so we think they do intend to go through with this. If an employment contract and start date not not available by the time of interview we will simply have to show as much proof of intent as we can. It's definitly not possible for my wife to go to the U.S to give birth.

Edited by Prince-Akeem

You can successfully extend your NVC journey by at least 2 years if you would want to. They will not necessarily expedite or speed up an infants case to match with a parent's but it has happened. So either do the NVC asap, or slow down and wait until after the child is born. That is your choice. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Basis ally new addition born outside the US will be in the same position as your 4 year old.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

You don't say where it is you both live or when the baby will arrive. Presuming the child arrives while you are still in VN then I think you need to apply for a birth abroad. The child automatically becomes a U.S. citizen therefor need no visa. Perhaps the baby is not due for sometime. Not sure how it works if she is PG when she enters the USA.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi All,

Thanks for the previous advice. Our baby has now been born and we are preparing to send our supporting documents to the NVC for our existing application - myself and my daughter.

We are considering to contact the NVC to see if there are any special requirements in adding a new born but are in the meantime preparing a new i-130 application.

On a seperate note, with regards to demonstrating domicile we are preparing this as well and have written a detailed cover letter. In our case though final "confirmed" proof is likely only to be made available for the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Closing this thread, because the OP has an update thread in this same forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/544673-how-to-add-a-newborn-baby-to-an-application/

OP, if you wish for this now-closed thread to remain open for good cause, simply hit the "report" button for this message and so request.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.