Ckmciver70

UGH! 167 days in from NOA1 no word! What's up???

59 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This is HORRIBLE waiting for any word whatsoever. And the USCIS website is pathetic and rarely updated.

I've been watching here as well as on their website, and I'm infuriated to see people who filed WAY after we did (at the same service center) are already either at NOA2 and/or already approved! ("In the order that they are received" my a$$.) Meanwhile, we're 167 days and counting, and the NCSC is as worthless as the website.

I'm a federal employee, so a background check on me should not take any time at all - I've already had one!

WHY are we stuck in this void with no word, nothing but sitting here waiting?

I'm happy for the crowdsourced data here that gives a little encouragement that some people are getting through the process, but I'm also angry all the time that we're over all the averages already, and that our Embassy (Pakistan!) is notoriously slow to do their part as well.

It's "a few months for a lifetime together", but my God, we've already been apart 8 months. How much longer???

Thanks for "listening".

Christine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I feel your pain bro. Hang in there.

Edited by msbau764

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry/commentary about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is HORRIBLE waiting for any word whatsoever. And the USCIS website is pathetic and rarely updated.

I've been watching here as well as on their website, and I'm infuriated to see people who filed WAY after we did (at the same service center) are already either at NOA2 and/or already approved! ("In the order that they are received" my a$$.) Meanwhile, we're 167 days and counting, and the NCSC is as worthless as the website.

I'm a federal employee, so a background check on me should not take any time at all - I've already had one!

I'm happy for the crowdsourced data here that gives a little encouragement that some people are getting through the process, but I'm also angry all the time that we're over all the averages already, and that our Embassy (Pakistan!) is notoriously slow to do their part as well.

It's "a few months for a lifetime together", but my God, we've already been apart 8 months. How much longer???

Thanks for "listening".

Christine

Hi Christine,

Have you called USCIS to inquire about your petition? I agree it seems like a long while to not have any information as of yet. It seems most (according to VJ timelines) tend to at least get their NOA1's relatively quickly (within a month of USCIS receiving). I've also noticed some petitions get "lost".

Our lovely journey!!

10/08/2015: AOS packet sent to USCIS (Chicago lockbox) via USPS Priority mail (They received it 10/10/15).

10/16/2015: Text/eEmails received from USCIS with receipt number. We received 3.

10/22/2015: Received hard copies of NOA's for I-131, I-765, & I-485.

11/01/2015: Got NOA for biometrics appt (for 11/12/15).

11/03/2015: Did WALK IN biometrics appt - took 15 mins. Person taking said work permit should be in mail in less than 4 wks.

12/09/2015: Got email/text notification for INTERVIEW date.

12/28/2015: Got email/text notification EAD card has been mailed.

12/31/2015: Received EAD/AP card.

01/11/2016: INTERVIEW (in Los Angeles office).

01/11/2016: Case in in "CONTINUANCE". Awaiting approval. (Feels like AP).

06/27/2016: I-485 APPROVED - (FINALLY!!!) / 264 DAYS (8 MONTHS 20 DAYS)

07/01/2016: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

This pretty much sums it up! I wish I could offer you some hope. But here we sit, too. No word. Nothing.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

Yeah, I've called twice - once in September and once today. Both times the person on the other end of the phone said two things:

1. They read me the same processing info off of the website.

2. They said that the estimated time hasn't passed yet and ther fore they can't submit an inquiry.

Unbelievable.

Meanwhile, I see all kinds of other people at the same service center getting through in mere days. Other Pakistan applicants have gotten through in less than 133 days. I don't get it.

They could at least say SOMETHING.

Today's excuse was that the Texas center is "updating their website". What website???! I'd LOVE if they had a website. And they don't have a phone number (that they'll give out). And I tried to send an electronic inquiry but the system rejected it because "the estimated time hasn't bee passed".

Again, unbelievable.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't know what's going on over there but it's something driving us nuts.

Nothing. Clearly, nothing is going on there. At all. And they have been closed since last Wednesday. As if they can afford to take time off ....

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

Every federal office is required by law to be open if the federal government is open, so there was someone there both Wedbesday and Friday last week. That said, usually around holidays, there far less staff around, so not a lot gets done. The month of December is pretty barren. I wouldn't expect anything to get through before the New Year once we're past about the 15th. Don't quote me on that, but that's how I expect it to play out. :/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Well the June/July filers at TSC are at the wrong place at the wrong time. And the way things are going we could be waiting more! My only question is, why aren't we saying anything? I mean other than here on VJ we should really speak up together through media for them to hear us! April/May filers were sent to CSC in August. Since then 3 MONTHS HAVE PASSED!!! TSC hasn't completed June petitions. So what is it????? 4 months to get one month's petitions done????

We need to speak up!! Can we?

Timeline

I know how it feels but keep the faith, It'll be there soon. :)

Thanks! It's hard to stay positive but we're working through it day by day. It's made even harder right now because the ara of Pakistan than my fiancée is working in has sketchy Internet at best so we haven't been able to skype for three months now. Being stuck with just a few minutes of a phone call each day (very little overlap where one or both of us are awake and not at work) has made it even worse. However, we're both working, so hey, the time passes more quickly there. :)

Yeah, I've called twice - once in September and once today. Both times the person on the other end of the phone said two things:

1. They read me the same processing info off of the website.

2. They said that the estimated time hasn't passed yet and ther fore they can't submit an inquiry.

Call back and ask for Tier 2.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.