ChrisnKris

X-rays and breast implants

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi again all...

My fiance has had breast implants. Our question is has anyone experienced any dificulties related to the chest x-rays, physical exam or surgery report requirements???

Not sure where to post this but my fiance is in the Philippines so maybe the question should be specific about the exam at SLEC??

We just want to be prepared if they require a report and if the implants might cause any problems in the X-ray...

Thanks so much and Happythanksgiving to all...

Chris & Kris too..

Hi again all...

My fiance has had breast implants. Our question is has anyone experienced any dificulties related to the chest x-rays, physical exam or surgery report requirements???

Not sure where to post this but my fiance is in the Philippines so maybe the question should be specific about the exam at SLEC??

We just want to be prepared if they require a report and if the implants might cause any problems in the X-ray...

Thanks so much and Happythanksgiving to all...

Chris & Kris too..

Before they do the x-ray, the doctor will ask a beneficiary what kind surgery she/he has had in their entire life.The doctor will make decision after that.

Happy Thanksgiving too...

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Thanks... any and all info helps. She has never had any other type of surgery but we will make sure she has the doctors report before the exam... just to want to have all the ducks in a row!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Many women have implants. Women get mammograms with implants. No biggy.

Apr 11/13...married in Las Vegas
Apr 18/13...filed 1-130
Apr 22/13...received notification Noa1

Nov 26/13...218 days transferred from NBC to CSC

Dec 30/13..Notification of approval NOA2

Jan 9/14....Received by NVC

Feb 10/14...Obtained Case#, IIN,BIN#'s

Feb 10/14...sent OPTIN email..received

Feb 15/14...Confirmation for DS261

Feb 20/14...AOS shows PAID

Feb 20/14...Received Document Cover sheet (bar coded)

Feb 28/14.. received OPTIN approval

Feb 28/14...emailed OAS package

Mar 4/14 paid IV Bill

Mar 6/14 submitted DS260

Apr 14/14 Case Complete NVC

Apr 17/14 Received instructions for appt

Apr 21/14 Case sent electronically to Montreal.

May 30/14 appt in Montreal

May 30/14 APPROVED!!! YIPPEE

June 4/14 Passport with Visa in Hand! (quick eh)
Aug 20/14 POE Detroit Bridge

Aug 26/14 received SSN (card)

May 23/16 Filed 1-751 (California)

Nov 26/16 751 Approved 10 yr card on way.

N400

Dec 27/17   Mailed application

Dec 29/18   Priority Date

Jan 4/18     NOA..Fee pd

Jan 24/18   Biometrics

Feb 9/19    N400 Interview in Las Vegas- Approved!!

Mar 8/19   Oath Ceremony

Mar 8/19   I'm a citizen!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Many women have implants. Women get mammograms with implants. No biggy.

2nd this. IMO, I would bring some form of documentation of the procedure being performed.

Keep us abreast of your situation in order to help others in the future.

Regards

Timeline

Thanks guys... Our main concern is not the effect on her but if the implants might cause any problems for the reading of the x-ray or results... She has never been exposed to TB or ever had any serious chest problems... I probably should have expained our concern a bit better... So thanks again... You are all a real comfort to everyone going through these crazy and confusing processes...

Really?

:wow:

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Timeline

Thanks guys... Our main concern is not the effect on her but if the implants might cause any problems for the reading of the x-ray or results... She has never been exposed to TB or ever had any serious chest problems... I probably should have expained our concern a bit better... So thanks again... You are all a real comfort to everyone going through these crazy and confusing processes...

OP,

Maybe this helps?

http://www.simplybreastimplants.com/breast_augmentation_risks/mammorgram_interference.html

A mammogram is a specialized x-ray of the breast tissue. It is recommended that women have a mammogram yearly starting at 40 years of age. While most breast lumps are usually benign, some aren't. It is important to always do monthly self-breast exams so that you "know" your breasts. Breasts are lumpy, and it is important for you to know the "geography" of your breasts. Any time you find a suspicious lump, it is paramount that you contact your doctor for further evaluation.

Breast implants can interfere with mammography screenings as they can hide questionable lumps and lesions during mammogram screenings. Obviously, if there is a history of breast cancer in your family, this is something to consider prior to getting breast implants.

During a mammogram, your breast is placed between two flat plates, which are then compressed so that your breast is firmly between the plates. Once positioned properly, the x-ray technician will take an x-ray. Typically, in women without breast implants, two x-rays are taken of each breast. This procedure is not painful, just a little uncomfortable. If you do experience pain, let your technician know.

Women with breast implants should always let their mammogram technician know that they have breast implants since mammograms are performed a bit differently on women with breast implants. Implanted women usually have the Eklund Technique performed during their mammograms. The Eklund Technique was originally designed as a technique to use on women with subglandular (over the muscle) breast implant, but has shown to be helpful in women with submuscular implants as well. Even with this advanced technique, it is possible that not all breast tissue will be seen on the mammogram.

- See more at: http://www.simplybreastimplants.com/breast_augmentation_risks/mammorgram_interference.html#sthash.laMHxcmv.dpuf

Edited by Torete

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

2nd this. IMO, I would bring some form of documentation of the procedure being performed.

Regards

Haha! lol

Radiologists are experienced with reading Xrays of women with implants. This should not deter them from evaluating TB. It may require a lateral chest view in addition to the usual PA view. Mammograms are for breast tissue and surrounding chest wall evaluation only...not lung tissue.

Timeline

Haha! lol

Radiologists are experienced with reading Xrays of women with implants. This should not deter them from evaluating TB. It may require a lateral chest view in addition to the usual PA view. Mammograms are for breast tissue and surrounding chest wall evaluation only...not lung tissue.

Oh, okay thanks LD. That makes sense. I wasn't aware that that was what they were screening for...TB

OP, please disregard my last post...I thought it was perhaps germane to your concern.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh, okay thanks LD. That makes sense. I wasn't aware that that was what they were screening for...TB

OP, please disregard my last post...I thought it was perhaps germane to your concern.

Well that and any other possible lung disease.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves the medical exam. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Regards

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.