Khswaby14

Letter of Interview Date Jamaica

103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When did u receive notification of ur interview date? How far in advance? Was it by email?

Thanks for the advice!

ds160 9/30 14 emailed embassy asking them to send email with interview date they email me on 10/ 14/14 saying that they already mailed my packet 4 we dint get it till 10/28/14 interview was 11/14/14 hope this helps

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

But when you pay online, registration is not complete until you schedule a date. When you log in it says schedule interview. The email they now send with packet 3 says to pay and schedule. When you call they say pay online and schedule. The only thing that says not to schedule is the actual scheduling page LOL. Ssshewww... just too much chaos for me!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We paid the fee a couple days ago but this is what it says when you get to the scheduling section:

"Do not continue with this process if you have not received a Consular appointment letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) or the Consular Section.

Enter the Consular location and exact date from the appointment letter you received from the NVC, KCC, or the Consular Section.

You are not scheduling an appointment, you are only registering your appointment information from the received appointment letter.

The Consular Section will not process applicants who enter false or different information than what is on your appointment letter."

So needless to say we did not schedule. Im so confused! !!

Make sure you are one the Non Immigrant page as the K1 visa falls into this section. This is the message from the IV page.

Timeline

Here is the correct link to take you to the NIV section to register and pay. At the very bottom of the page you can switch between thier IV and NIV pages. The Non Immigrant page you need is BLUE and the IV page is green and is used for Family and Spousal based visas.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/niv

Timeline

Here is the correct link to take you to the NIV section to register and pay. At the very bottom of the page you can switch between thier IV and NIV pages. The Non Immigrant page you need is BLUE and the IV page is green and is used for Family and Spousal based visas.

post-176550-0-57977100-1416576972_thumb.png

Timeline

Wow I'm going g to login and check that out. We selected K1 but our page was green. Just crazy

Timeline

I just went back through the Packet 3 the JA embassy sent us. Here is the link they told us to go to for "registration, payment, and scheduling" (their exact words)

http://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv,

Notice that it is the iv not the niv. Also when I go to the ceac tracking site it states immigrant visa. Mass confusion.

Timeline

I just went back through the Packet 3 the JA embassy sent us. Here is the link they told us to go to for "registration, payment, and scheduling" (their exact words)

http://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv,

Notice that it is the iv not the niv. Also when I go to the ceac tracking site it states immigrant visa. Mass confusion.

Yes, the IV department handles the K1 visas but the visa itself is a NIV. As you see on the homepage of the corret link it asks if you have completed the DS160 which is not completed by IV applicants.

The link they provided is used for IV applicants once we have received CC from NVC and received our interview letter (Packet 4) from the embassy. We use that site to register our appotment and sign up for DHL we don't pay fees there.

We started our journey last year as a K1 then decided to get married and just file the spouse route. I've sent many many emails to the embassy over the past year :)

Timeline

Yes, the IV department handles the K1 visas but the visa itself is a NIV. As you see on the homepage of the corret link it asks if you have completed the DS160 which is not completed by IV applicants.

The link they provided is used for IV applicants once we have received CC from NVC and received our interview letter (Packet 4) from the embassy. We use that site to register our appotment and sign up for DHL we don't pay fees there.

We started our journey last year as a K1 then decided to get married and just file the spouse route. I've sent many many emails to the embassy over the past year :)

Well he's already registered on the green IV site. Idk why the embassy would send us the link to that and not the correct one but I'm not going to change it now. The correct visa fee is showing up. We'll just stop there and wait to hear from the embassy. I called the help # surprisingly they were no help.

Thank you!!

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

Well he's already registered on the green IV site. Idk why the embassy would send us the link to that and not the correct one but I'm not going to change it now. The correct visa fee is showing up. We'll just stop there and wait to hear from the embassy. I called the help # surprisingly they were no help.

Thank you!!

As long as you can pay the fee is what matters.

Timeline

When you click on the iv link sent in packet 3 it asks which visa you are. We clicked K fiancè visa and it took us thru green screens.... idk. I just dont know.

Timeline

When you click on the iv link sent in packet 3 it asks which visa you are. We clicked K fiancè visa and it took us thru green screens.... idk. I just dont know.

Yes same here and if you look at the sites visa categories and visa info it lists K1 visas and fiance(e) visa under immigrant visa. So we are thoroughly confused. I'm just going to stop at paying the fee and then email the embassy.

Timeline

You will follow the IV link and select K1 after completing the DS160.

Create the account and follow the prompts. This is the new process from the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.