Khswaby14

Letter of Interview Date Jamaica

103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance completed the DS 160 and emailed the confirmation barcode on November 7th. We still have not received anything about our interview date. We tried to call the consulate yesterday and the day before, but the woman on the phone kept saying we had to pay our fee first before we could move on further. She wouldn't even let me get another word out before she hung up on me both times. I understood that the fee was due when he actually goes for his interview. Did I miss something? Is there another number I can call where they will listen to my questions?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Step 2:

Register online, pay the fee, and schedule your interview.
Please go to http://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv, click Register, and follow the on-screen instructions.
After you pay the USD $265 fee online, you will be able to schedule your interview.
If you need help registering, please call (876) 632-7400 from Jamaica, or (703) 439-2360 from the U.S.

The DS 160 is Step 1. Above I copied Step 2 for you. This was in packet 3. Did he receive that from the embassy? There is an option to select if you want to pay the fee at his interview.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fiance completed the DS 160 and emailed the confirmation barcode on November 7th. We still have not received anything about our interview date. We tried to call the consulate yesterday and the day before, but the woman on the phone kept saying we had to pay our fee first before we could move on further. She wouldn't even let me get another word out before she hung up on me both times. I understood that the fee was due when he actually goes for his interview. Did I miss something? Is there another number I can call where they will listen to my questions?

Register here and follow the instructions. http://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv

Timeline

We have only received the first packet with all of the instructions. We haven't gotten anything since we turned in the DS 160. We got the automatic response that said they would reply in 5 days. That was two weeks ago now. Will our notice come in the mail or by email?

Timeline

We have only received the first packet with all of the instructions. We haven't gotten anything since we turned in the DS 160. We got the automatic response that said they would reply in 5 days. That was two weeks ago now. Will our notice come in the mail or by email?

Ours came by email. Step 1 = DS160

Step 2= my above post

Step 3 = medical exam

Step 4 = interview

So register with the above website and get his interview date the call to schedule his medical. There is a thread posted just before yours that has the medical exam link.

Timeline

We have only received the first packet with all of the instructions. We haven't gotten anything since we turned in the DS 160. We got the automatic response that said they would reply in 5 days. That was two weeks ago now.

Will our notice come in the mail or by email?

after almost a month of submitting ds160 I emailed embassy asking them to email me his interview letter, they replied after a week and half with his letter also they had emailed it to him but it was three weeks before his medical so we jad to hurry and schedule an appointment for his medical also make sure u scheduled appointment two weeks before interview if u cant get in at kingston try mobay best of luck..

Timeline

But after you pay the fee it says you are not scheduling the interview, only registering. My fiance didnt schedule... is he supposed to? It says only register the date on appointment letter

Timeline

after almost a month of submitting ds160 I emailed embassy asking them to email me his interview letter, they replied after a week and half with his letter also they had emailed it to him but it was three weeks before his medical so we jad to hurry and schedule an appointment for his medical also make sure u scheduled appointment two weeks before interview if u cant get in at kingston try mobay best of luck..

Did you have to register at the ais.usvisa-info.com website?

But after you pay the fee it says you are not scheduling the interview, only registering. My fiance didnt schedule... is he supposed to? It says only register the date on appointment letter

I'm not sure I understand you last sentence. Register what date on what letter?

We are doing the payment tomorrow so I'll hopefully be able to tell more then. I was thinking after you paid or completed the registration part it would give you an interview appt date. If not then I will stay on the embassy until I get one. I talked to the medical exam place today. They said call as soon as I know the interview date and they will get us in. I certainly hope its 2 weeks prior to the interview! This part has become so confusing. I think they recently changed some of the procedures.

Timeline

We paid the fee a couple days ago but this is what it says when you get to the scheduling section:

"Do not continue with this process if you have not received a Consular appointment letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) or the Consular Section.

Enter the Consular location and exact date from the appointment letter you received from the NVC, KCC, or the Consular Section.

You are not scheduling an appointment, you are only registering your appointment information from the received appointment letter.

The Consular Section will not process applicants who enter false or different information than what is on your appointment letter."

So needless to say we did not schedule. Im so confused! !!

Timeline

We paid the fee a couple days ago but this is what it says when you get to the scheduling section:

"Do not continue with this process if you have not received a Consular appointment letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) or the Consular Section.

Enter the Consular location and exact date from the appointment letter you received from the NVC, KCC, or the Consular Section.

You are not scheduling an appointment, you are only registering your appointment information from the received appointment letter.

The Consular Section will not process applicants who enter false or different information than what is on your appointment letter."

So needless to say we did not schedule. Im so confused! !!

Aaaah! Well that's pretty tricky huh?! Get me all excited that we'd know his interview date tomorrow!! Let's keep each other updated.. It will be interesting to see how this works out!

Timeline

Ok in the help section I found this....

"How will I know when my interview is scheduled?

The National Visa Center (NVC), KCC, or Consular Section will send notification of the date, time, and location of your interview to you, your petitioner, and your attorney when the interview is scheduled."

But you know what.... we went ahead and scheduled the thing anyway because thats what the stupid email said to do!! LOL grrrr.....

Timeline

Ok in the help section I found this....

"How will I know when my interview is scheduled?

The National Visa Center (NVC), KCC, or Consular Section will send notification of the date, time, and location of your interview to you, your petitioner, and your attorney when the interview is scheduled."

But you know what.... we went ahead and scheduled the thing anyway because thats what the stupid email said to do!! LOL grrrr.....

But you stopped when it said not to enter a date unless you had an appointment letter right?

As my fiance would say...."Welcome to Jamaica!" Every time I get frustrated with the confusing processes and systems he says that! lol

Edited by LionessDeon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.