Khswaby14

Letter of Interview Date Jamaica

103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Do not continue with this process if you have not received a Consular appointment letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) or the Consular Section.

Enter the Consular location and exact date from the appointment letter you received from the NVC, KCC, or the Consular Section.

You are not scheduling an appointment, you are only registering your appointment information from the received appointment letter.

The Consular Section will not process applicants who enter false or different information than what is on your appointment letter.

Consular Section Location*

Embassy of the United States of America

Consular Section

142 Old Hope Road

Kingston 6

Jamaica

Date of Appointment*

Time of Appointment *

See this is what I get when I go to that site.

Timeline

Yes Lioness thats what I got too but after waiting two days after paying the fee I just scheduled anyway. They plainly said to schedule in the email so I did. Its a shame this has to be so contradicting and confusing. If I made a wrong decision by scheduling I guess we will deal with that. Its kind of ridiculous actually. Are they intentionally throwing ppl off?

Timeline

I truly hope everything is ok too! I think whoever constructed that email just did a poor job with the wording. And then when you call the help number they cannot help. So frustrating. After we paid we got an email saying to email the payment receipt to this email address:

· Please note that you must register using this method to ensure timely delivery of your visa. You should also send a copy of your DHL confirmation to KingstonIVAppointment@state.gov<mailto:KingstonIVAppointment@state.gov>.

Did you get this too?

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

No nothing more from the embassy.

But about the visa fee. It charged me $270 and some change in addition to the isa fee of $8.11

It's only $5 but if they overcharge everyone that pays... mmmm..... I may ask why I was overcharged

Maybe that is the DHL courier visa fee?? They mention that u must pay the fee in their email too.

They also say this:

· To make a petitioner interview or beneficiary interview appointment, please send an email to KingstonIVAppointment@state.gov<mailto:KingstonIVAppointment@state.gov>.

Maybe u should email them explaining what happened?? Maybe they will let u keep ur 12-12 date??

Timeline

The DHL fee is supposed to be included in the $265. I feel out of control in this situation because he is the one who receives and sends the emails. I feel like he isnt getting the messages or overlooking them. He has to find time to go to internet cafe when he isnt working. I think its time he quits the job and focus on getting this together.... im so stressed out

Timeline

No everything is fine. Im just gonna have a seat and keep my sanity. We are all confused and its not really our fault. They obviously dont have all the details worked out yet. I will still like to keep up with any updates you have and I will post any I have as well. Good luck ladies! God bless

Timeline

But that is not the correct link for us to register. According to the instructions in the email it says go to the iv page and click register.

On the niv page register isnt even an option so its not the correct link in any form or fashion and I hope no one is confused by that information.

Timeline

My fiance just received an email from the embassy His appointment letter will be mailed out with an appointment scheduled for 4-6 weeks from now.

Guess we're not finding out before Christmas. :( Oh well. He had just called me prior to that to tell me to "keep the faith and be strong" and played Busy's one more night over the phone.. He is my strength.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The embassy sent us packet 3 by email. He had the DS 160 ready to go just had not submitted it because we were having trouble getting his pic to upload. We were planning in sending it in without receiving packet 3. It just so happened we got packet 3 on 11-14-14. Sent DS160 on 11/18/14.

Thank you LionessDeon for the information.

Timeline

The embassy emailed him one week after paying the visa fee online that he needs to complete step 2 and schedule the interview online. Well awesome because we followed the instructions on the website that says do not continue. Ugh a week wasted! However, we were able to get a visa interview date for December 19, which is what we wanted. So all's well that ends well.

To all those JA beneficiaries working on Packet 3: Go ahead and schedule your own interview, even though their website says not to!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The embassy emailed him one week after paying the visa fee online that he needs to complete step 2 and schedule the interview online. Well awesome because we followed the instructions on the website that says do not continue. Ugh a week wasted! However, we were able to get a visa interview date for December 19, which is what we wanted. So all's well that ends well.

To all those JA beneficiaries working on Packet 3: Go ahead and schedule your own interview, even though their website says not to!!

Hey everyone,

My fiance submitted his DS160 at the end of October and we still haven't received an interview letter. The checklist that was mailed to me says to go online, pay the fee and schedule the interview but the few people that we've managed to talk to at the embassy (after being hung up on multiple times) say that we should wait for an appointment letter and pay the fee at the embassy on the appointment date. When I email the embassy at kingstoniv@state.gov, they say to pay online. But then, at the bottom of the auto-response email it says to pay at the embassy! We have been waiting for a month for a letter and I'm very frustrated because we are getting contradictory instructions and I really really wanted him here by Christmas :(

LionessDeon, I think we'll do what you suggested and just pay and schedule the interview online. Whatever happens, happens. My only question is have you already scheduled the medical appointment? If not, how can you be sure that it'll be 2 weeks before your appointment?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.