Khswaby14

Letter of Interview Date Jamaica

103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No nothing more from the embassy.

But about the visa fee. It charged me $270 and some change in addition to the isa fee of $8.11

It's only $5 but if they overcharge everyone that pays... mmmm..... I may ask why I was overcharged

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey all! Thanks for all of the feedback! I emailed the embassy and this was their reply

"Good day Sir/Madam:

Please register for an appointment online.

To register, please go to http://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv and click Register.

You then follow the on-screen instructions.

To register by phone, ask questions, or track the status of your delivery, please call

(8760623-7400 from Jamaica, or (703)439-2360 from the U.S..

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit"

I'm assuming this is them giving us the permission to schedule without having received our confirmation letter in the mail? I hope so because I'm going to do it now! I'm ready to get married!

Timeline

Hey all! Thanks for all of the feedback! I emailed the embassy and this was their reply

"Good day Sir/Madam:

Please register for an appointment online.

To register, please go to http://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv and click Register.

You then follow the on-screen instructions.

To register by phone, ask questions, or track the status of your delivery, please call

(8760623-7400 from Jamaica, or (703)439-2360 from the U.S..

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit"

I'm assuming this is them giving us the permission to schedule without having received our confirmation letter in the mail? I hope so because I'm going to do it now! I'm ready to get married!

Registering is different than scheduling. I'm not sure it's saying it's ok to schedule. It's says to register. After I registered I got an email from the embassy that said to email my payment receipt to the visa appointment email address. So I am assuming they still do the scheduling. Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

The only option I could pick on their link was for scheduling. I guess this is all one process. I'll figure it out in a few minutes.

When I went to the site it asked what type if visa, pick up or delivery, which embassy, and pay online or day of interview. That's the registration. Then it gives you the option to pay online if u chose that. After it gives u ur receipt it says to stop, wait for the confirmation letter from the embassy and then once that is received to Come Back and register ur appt date. So I stopped there. It is very confusing tho

Timeline

I just finished. Ours didn't have anything like that. The only option I had was to pay the fee and schedule the interview. There was nothing stating we had to register and come back. We are set for January 16th!

Timeline

Mine didnt give the option for payment on date of interview either. It only wanted online payment or payment made at a bank in which it would take at least two days to confirm payment. But I scheduled his appointment even though it said to wait. Nervous about it though.....

Khswaby was your screen blue or green? Curious

Timeline

Thanks! I just followed the link the embassy emailed me and followed the instructions. I am praying they figure out the issues they are causing and make it easier for those coming after us.

Timeline

There was interview dates for the first 3 Fridays in December. We chose not to do it that early because we didn't want to take the chance of not getting paperwork back in time. If you think you can get it all done in that time, you may get your Christmas gift!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.