Khswaby14

Letter of Interview Date Jamaica

103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone,

My fiance submitted his DS160 at the end of October and we still haven't received an interview letter. The checklist that was mailed to me says to go online, pay the fee and schedule the interview but the few people that we've managed to talk to at the embassy (after being hung up on multiple times) say that we should wait for an appointment letter and pay the fee at the embassy on the appointment date. When I email the embassy at kingstoniv@state.gov, they say to pay online. But then, at the bottom of the auto-response email it says to pay at the embassy! We have been waiting for a month for a letter and I'm very frustrated because we are getting contradictory instructions and I really really wanted him here by Christmas :(

LionessDeon, I think we'll do what you suggested and just pay and schedule the interview online. Whatever happens, happens. My only question is have you already scheduled the medical appointment? If not, how can you be sure that it'll be 2 weeks before your appointment?

At first we waited for the embassy to schedule as well. Even got an email stating they'd schedule in 6-8 wks and send a letter. But then on 11-28-14 they sent an email stating "go online and schedule ur interview" then to email them a scanned copy of the confirmation page.

He did that today then called and scheduled his medical. They asked when his interview date is, told them the 19th, they scheduled medical for the 10th and said that was enough time that he would be able to pick up results after a few days. I'm leery of that but we will see. The medical info page says 10 days in advance.

It was a Kingston appointment IV email address that told us to schedule online and send them the scan copy. The help # was no help

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So my fiance ended up paying his fee online and scheduling his interview for December 12th because there were no other dates available in December. He then scheduled his medical for December 9th even though I told him it had to be at least 10 days before the interview (he was desperate and very anxious). Well his scheme worked and he ended up completing his medical and getting his results back on the day before the interview. His interview went great and we were approved! The only setback was that I had to resubmit the affidavit of support because I forgot to check the "intend to support" box and explain how I was going to support him. I had followed the example here on visa journey and put not applicable, so just be aware that they may not accept that answer. They required an original signed copy so as soon as they receive and approve the form, they'll send the visa to my fiance! Good luck to everyone else. It's a long and frustrating process but it's so worth it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks wabaker95 and LionessDeon! I hope everything works out for you two as well.

Thank you! This week has been stressful and it's only Tuesday. I just want it to be over!

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Omg I've read this whole thread and I am so confused. ?

We just got NOA2. Are these the next steps:

1. After petition is sent to NVC wait 10 days and begin calling regularly for case #.

2. Email the embassy with case number (and what else?) requesting packet 3?

3. Packet 3 will include instructions on how to complete ds160 - complete pay fee and print confirmation page.

4. Email ds160 confirmation page and biographical page of petitioners passport and await instructions on how to schedule an interview? Is the embassy's response email packet 4?

5. Once we have an interview date - schedule medical for roughly one week before interview so he has time to get the results? More than one week before to be safe?

What about police record and non-impediment to marriage? Can we request those now to get it out of the way? Or do we need case number?

Edited by mondix

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Omg I've read this whole thread and I am so confused. ?

We just got NOA2. Are these the next steps:

1. After petition is sent to NVC wait 10 days and begin calling regularly for case #.

2. Email the embassy with case number (and what else?) requesting packet 3?

3. Packet 3 will include instructions on how to complete ds160 - complete pay fee and print confirmation page.

4. Email ds160 confirmation page and biographical page of petitioners passport and await instructions on how to schedule an interview? Is the embassy's response email packet 4?

5. Once we have an interview date - schedule medical for roughly one week before interview so he has time to get the results? More than one week before to be safe?

What about police record and non-impediment to marriage? Can we request those now to get it out of the way? Or do we need case number?

Police record can be done before case # but it only valid for 9 months. Well I would wait more than 10 days before call NVC but they others you have to wait on NVC for the instructions.

Always do your Medical before a week and a half to give yourself enough time.

What category Visa you going for IR, K1 or F2A?

F2A -CIR1: Husband

PD: September 12, 2013

CC: Feb 10, 2014

Mail Naturalization for Upgrade: Jan 29, 2015

Case in review March 23, 2015

Case Upgraded to IR: April 10, 2015

IL: June 1, 2015

Visa in Hand: ???

Naturalization: Wife

Eligibility Criteria: 5 years

06-10-2014: Eligibility Date
03-08-2014: Application Sent
03-10-2014: Application Received
03-10-2014: Check/Money Order Cashed
03-12-2014: Priority Date
04-02-2014: Biometrics Walk In Date
05-08-2014: In-line for Interview
01-20-2015: Interview Date
01-29-2015: Oath Ceremony
01-29-2015: Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.