43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day every one. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I have a very disturbing issue in my relationship. I came here on a K1 and I have been married for only 6months but those 6 months have been hell for me because I have been ill treated by my spouse and teen daughter. I am so drained emotionally that I don't think I can go through the 2 years of conditional green card. My wife is a habitual liar she cheated on my all all through our courtship and lied about it till date. I have the conversation as evidence between herself and this guy and I asked him several times what's up with u and this guy and she kept telling me they have been friends from college back home. When I first came I discovered after sleeping with her 3 weeks later I started feeling some funny sensation in my urinal tract and it feel like I might have contacted something. I asked her if she was with anyone during d courtship and she denied it again. Now I'm even scared to make love to her cos after any love making I feel this itch. I have not found a job yet so I don have money to see a doctor. She refused to change her name to my last name and she refused to put me on her utility bills. She is desperate for a child and I have the feeling she will breakup after she get pregnant cos she says she is better off with out me. She is very untidy and live in denial. She doesn't forgive and she can take the manhood out of a man in seconds with her mouth and she is teaching the daughter who is gm worse in her treatment to me. I have more to say but I will stop here as I'm getting ready for church alone cos she doesn't go to church another lie she told me in the beginning. Plz I want your contribution. My question is if I leave this marriage what probability do I have to succeed in removing conditions on my own? Do I need a lawyer? I will prefer to leave without having a child in this marriage because I don't want to live without my kids or a broken marriage with kids involve. Please I want you to put yourself in my situation and answer from your heart. My profile was registered today for confidentiality purpose. I have my EAD and I'm job hunting now and also my interview was waived. Thanks and God bless you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits , from Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day every one. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I have a very disturbing issue in my relationship. I came here on a K1 and I have been married for only 6months but those 6 months have been hell for me because I have been ill treated by my spouse and teen daughter. I am so drained emotionally that I don't think I can go through the 2 years of conditional green card. My wife is a habitual liar she cheated on my all all through our courtship and lied about it till date. I have the conversation as evidence between herself and this guy and I asked him several times what's up with u and this guy and she kept telling me they have been friends from college back home. When I first came I discovered after sleeping with her 3 weeks later I started feeling some funny sensation in my urinal tract and it feel like I might have contacted something. I asked her if she was with anyone during d courtship and she denied it again. Now I'm even scared to make love to her cos after any love making I feel this itch. I have not found a job yet so I don have money to see a doctor. She refused to change her name to my last name and she refused to put me on her utility bills. She is desperate for a child and I have the feeling she will breakup after she get pregnant cos she says she is better off with out me. She is very untidy and live in denial. She doesn't forgive and she can take the manhood out of a man in seconds with her mouth and she is teaching the daughter who is gm worse in her treatment to me. I have more to say but I will stop here as I'm getting ready for church alone cos she doesn't go to church another lie she told me in the beginning. Plz I want your contribution. My question is if I leave this marriage what probability do I have to succeed in removing conditions on my own? Do I need a lawyer? I will prefer to leave without having a child in this marriage because I don't want to live without my kids or a broken marriage with kids involve. Please I want you to put yourself in my situation and answer from your heart. My profile was registered today for confidentiality purpose. I have my EAD and I'm job hunting now and also my interview was waived. Thanks

and God bless you.

Good Morning. Sorry you are going through this. It's my understanding that you have to be married and together for 2 years to qualify for the removal of your conditional greencard. I've heard of a few cases where there are exceptions to this rule based on physical abuse etc.. Pray about it as well as continue to do research. I can tell you that the first few years can be extremely hard for both people including any children involved. Only you know how much you can endure. Sit down and talk to your wife about your feelings of wanting to end your marriage. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You don't need to have been married for 2 years. You do need to prove that you married in good faith. You will need physical evidence of co-mingling of finances and other evidence as outlined in the ROC instructions. Once you have the divorce degree, you can submit the ROC with the evidence; you don't need to wait the 2 years.

07/19/12 - Married

Adjustment of Status from F-1 Student Visa: Day 00 - 07/20/12 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

Day 03 - 07/23/12 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in Chicago - signed for by D Colonna

Day 11 - 08/03/12 - Acceptance confirmation texts and emails

Day 14 - 08/06/12 - Checks cleared

Day 18 - 08/10/12 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 08/06/12 for appointment on 08/30/12)

Day 22 - 08/14/12 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office (We were the only ones there!)

Day 25 - 08/17/12 - Received NOAs

Day 36 - 08/28/12 - Notice via text of interview on 10/02/12

Day 38 - 08/30/12 - Received interview notice hard copy

Day 65 - 09/24/12 - Notice via text of I-131 approval

Day 71 - 10/02/12 - Interview

Day 71 - 10/02/12 - Text messages of APPROVAL of I-130 and I-485 - Card in Production

Day 78 - 10/09/12 - Received Welcome Notice

Day 80 - 10/11/12 - Received Conditional Green Card

Removal of Conditions: Day 00 - 07/07/14 - Sent I-751

Day 03 - 07/10/14 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in California

Day 07 - 07/14/14 - Check cleared

Day 07 - 07/14/14 - Received NOA (dated 07/10/14)

Day 14 - 07/21/14 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 07/17/14 for appointment on 08/01/14)

Day 18 - 07/25/14 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office (We were the only ones there...again!)

Day 38 - 08/14/14 - Text message of APPROVAL of 1-751 - Card in Production

Day 43 - 08/19/14 - Notice via text indicating card has been mailed

Day 44 - 08/20/14 - Notice via text with USPS tracking number

Day 46 - 08/22/14 - Received Permanent Green Card

Naturalization: Day 00 - 08/21/15 - Sent N-400

Day 03 - 08/24/15 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in Arizona

Day 07 - 08/28/15 - Check cleared

Day 10 - 08/31/15 - Acceptance confirmation text and email

Day 14 - 09/04/15 - Received NOA (dated 08/28/15)

Day 24 - 09/14/15 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 09/05/15 for appointment on 09/21/15)

Day 28 - 09/18/15 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office

Day 32 - 09/22/15 - Notice via text and email indicating in line for testing and interview

Day 35 - 09/25/15 - Notice via text and email indicating interview is scheduled

Day 41 - 10/01/15 - Received interview appointment notice (dated 09/28/15 for appointment on 11/03/15)
Day 73 - 11/03/15 - Interview

Day 74 - 11/04/15 - Text message of APPROVAL of N-400 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Day 75 - 11/05/15 - Received Oath Ceremony appointment notice (dated 11/04/15 for appointment on 11/17/15)

Day 87 - 11/17/15 - Oath Ceremony - US CITIZEN

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes you can continue your process without your wife if you can prove you married in good faith. Sorry for your mishaps. My prayers for you and your wife.

"Marriage isn't for Christmas but forever" My husband Femi (L)(L)(L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day every one. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I have a very disturbing issue in my relationship. I came here on a K1 and I have been married for only 6months but those 6 months have been hell for me because I have been ill treated by my spouse and teen daughter. I am so drained emotionally that I don't think I can go through the 2 years of conditional green card. My wife is a habitual liar she cheated on my all all through our courtship and lied about it till date. I have the conversation as evidence between herself and this guy and I asked him several times what's up with u and this guy and she kept telling me they have been friends from college back home. When I first came I discovered after sleeping with her 3 weeks later I started feeling some funny sensation in my urinal tract and it feel like I might have contacted something. I asked her if she was with anyone during d courtship and she denied it again. Now I'm even scared to make love to her cos after any love making I feel this itch. I have not found a job yet so I don have money to see a doctor. She refused to change her name to my last name and she refused to put me on her utility bills. She is desperate for a child and I have the feeling she will breakup after she get pregnant cos she says she is better off with out me. She is very untidy and live in denial. She doesn't forgive and she can take the manhood out of a man in seconds with her mouth and she is teaching the daughter who is gm worse in her treatment to me. I have more to say but I will stop here as I'm getting ready for church alone cos she doesn't go to church another lie she told me in the beginning. Plz I want your contribution. My question is if I leave this marriage what probability do I have to succeed in removing conditions on my own? Do I need a lawyer? I will prefer to leave without having a child in this marriage because I don't want to live without my kids or a broken marriage with kids involve. Please I want you to put yourself in my situation and answer from your heart. My profile was registered today for confidentiality purpose. I have my EAD and I'm job hunting now and also my interview was waived. Thanks and God bless you.

So sorry to hear this. My prayers for you dear. Now your Adjustment of Status (2 year green card) was approved? You have that now?

If you have green card you can assemble all the evidence you have file or divorce and than file for removal of conditions so as you get your divorce decree.

Honestly I would move on that now because in most states (I know its in my state) any child conceived during a marriage is presumed to be the husband. So if her lover impregnates her you will be the one paying child support not him.

I would go to your legal aid in your city for free legal advice. Also seek you cities free clinics and get urself checked out now.

You go to church talk to your pastor. He or she may have contacts and networking for jobs, immigration you would be surprised.

Again sorry for your situation and God bless you

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You should call the HEALTH DEPARTMENT in your city and make an appointment to get checked out. They will work with you as far as money goes. They made me fill in a sheet of paper about my income and the price was based on my income and I did not have to pay right away, they sent me a bill that I pay 20 dollars a month on. Being that you don't have a job, they may not charge you at all.

http://www.norfolk.gov/index.aspx?nid=153

There are many Health Departments in Norfolk, VA. Just google them

Also, you should find out if you can move out NOW and get away from that mess. So sorry you are going through this. God be with you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you guys for your heart felt response. I don't know how to respond to individual contribution because I am writing from a phone. I want to say I am really overwhelm with the responses and advices.

For the guy that sent me the Norfolk free clinic link thank you and God bless. I am actually in Northern virginia Alexandria wood bridge route. I will google free clinic in these area since Norfolk seems like a distance from me.

I have not received the 2 yrs conditional yet but it waived that u will not be attending interview and she has totally refused to add my name to any utility bill in the house. I have to drag her to the bank to open a joint account since I'm looking to get a part time job while waiting for the interviews and exams I had taken she grudgingly agreed to go with me when the HR requested that I bring an account for direct deposit if I get the job. To my surprised she hasn't change her last name to mine yet. If she is not bearing my name in the joint account does that count? Or the names must be in my name as married couples? I asked her in the bank why her name has not been changed and she came up with excuse that it will take time and money to change the names and I should not worry it doesn't matter the immigration will not bother about that. I have a deep feeling that she has a motive maybe to have a child and say good bye later. The bottom line is that I'm not happy. When I see couples together in church I asked myself why didn't our own be like this. I discover I am trying to fix it alone and she is not ready to compromise or to help me to fix what ever is not working. I just found out I can never change her because most times she push me to the limit where I will lay my hands on her and it takes the Grace of God not to get to that level so before she turn me into a monster that I am not it will be much better for me if I leave. The most painful thing is the daughter resenting me as much sabi try to show her love she shut me out completely and most especially in public. The daughter was in church today with some family friends and totally refused to talk to me. Even when I greeted her she looks at me like a stranger and walk away. Sometimes the little girl treats me like trash that I feel so sobered and let the man in me cry a little cos I am an emotional person. I know I deserved to be happy. I don't belong here and don't mind going back to where I came from if this is the prize I have to pay to remain here is not worth it. My friend to me to be patient cos I have invested time and money and my age at 39 is not advice able to be moving from place to place like a nomad that I should pray them talk things over with her or try to make something out of my trip. The biggest problem we can't even communicate cos she is not open hearted person. She will say I won't do it again but next minute she is back at it. I guess I had made up my mind is time to move on. Should I go see an immigration lawyer or a divorce lawyer I don't know where to start from. I will appreciate more detailed response. Thank you guys and God blessed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Here is an old pinned link about divorce and ROC.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220094-divorce-before-removal-of-conditions-on-permanent-resident-status/

As long as your relationship was bonafide and you can proof that, you can remove conditions on your own.

You need to file for ROC in the 90 days before your card expires OR as soon as the divorce is final, whichever comes first. You will file based on a divorce waiver and include evidence of co-mingling.

You can consult an immigration lawyer, maybe a catholic charity can help find you one for free or minimal consultation fee.

He can give you better detailed instructions pertaining to your situation.

Then contact a divorce attorney. Make sure whatver lawyer you are talking to specializes in each field....no wanna be immi lawyers.
Save all evidence of her wrong doings in a safe place and copies of all co mingled evidences.

Stop being intimate with her if she sleeps around or you will catch something and will be responsible for a child if she gets pregnant.

Sounds like you need to get out of there as soon as possible.

She will probably make your life miserable when she finds out you are leaving and be on a revenge kick even though she is not interested

in you now. She may be more interested in your future paycheck.

Talk to your pastor.

Best wishes !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good Morning. Sorry you are going through this. It's my understanding that you have to be married and together for 2 years to qualify for the removal of your conditional greencard. I've heard of a few cases where there are exceptions to this rule based on physical abuse etc.. Pray about it as well as continue to do research. I can tell you that the first few years can be extremely hard for both people including any children involved. Only you know how much you can endure. Sit down and talk to your wife about your feelings of wanting to end your marriage. Good luck.

You can have conditions removed if you entered the marriage in good faith and it did not work out. That doesn't require a finding of abuse. From what I can tell here, it seems most such "good faith waivers" are granted.

Timeline

I have not received the 2 yrs conditional yet but it waived that u will not be attending interview and she has totally refused to add my name to any utility bill in the house.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope you find a solution. Have you applied for adjustment of status yet, which would have required her to complete the affidavit of support?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I doubt she is trying to have a kid from you, due to the point she could go out and find some dummy on the street that would be glad to have one night stand and then she could take him to court and get 18 years of child payments.

But I do advise you to follow the directions of others on her and divorce and proceed with your Removal of Conditions and find a person who will treat you like a partner.

Timeline

I doubt she is trying to have a kid from you, due to the point she could go out and find some dummy on the street that would be glad to have one night stand and then she could take him to court and get 18 years of child payments.

But I do advise you to follow the directions of others on her and divorce and proceed with your Removal of Conditions and find a person who will treat you like a partner.

VOL, that could very well be, but keep in mind, that "dummy on the street" would likely be a US citizen and have some claim to the child should he choose to contest it, whereas someone with no immigration standing may not be in the country too long, or would be too vulernable to assert parental rights.

So you got an interview waiver letter? it means you may or may not be interviewed, i got ths same letter but it took me like 1yr to be apprroved. As far as i knw some ppl here on Vj got an interview waiver letter but they still had to go through an interview

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well there its two sides to each story. We dont know her story actually. You are a man and you need to make it work six months is not enough time to know someone and plus thats why its so hard for someone to get a visa from your country because of the high rate of scam. Honestly you dont want it to work if your leaving so quickly!! :cry:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.