UncleBeer

Obama To Allow 100,000 Haitians To Immigrate To U.S. Without Visas

220 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't agree with the article, the wait times that they 'expect' are unrecognizable to me so I have no idea what they are referring to. A realistic wait time is around 18 months and that for a country that is part of the visa waiver program, so not high fraud. As to the Haitians, which this article is specifically referring to and what I am specifically responding to, if Haitians do not need a visa to immigrate, how can that possibly impact on those waiting for visas? Does that make sense to you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

For most people the whole process should be a couple of months max. Everybody goes through AP, but for some it takes months rather than a day or so.

I do not see the DACA comparison, except its impact on wait times, I do see a PiP comparison, basically seek to Parole to enter and then do all the adjusting.

Obviously that could be made available to everyone, the main downside is that once you are in it is very difficult to boot you out. Not sure of that is seen to be an issue however, see VAWA.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep. Not only that, the original DACA folks only got two year permits, and now they're up for renewal. Guess who goes back to the head of the line (ahead of us). <_<

It's almost as if the preznit doesn't like Americans...

You obviously missed the link on the previous page: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/us/program-benefiting-some-immigrants-extends-visa-wait-for-others.html

No I read that article when it came out and I am writing Julia Preston to do an update. I am not sure what the action on (is it 500,000 or 5000,000) DACA has to do with Haitians..Is it under the same program?

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i agree. i'll be the first to admit that i knew zero about immigration when i first started because it wasn't on my radar. and i don't know how many family members i talked to about it who felt the same way as me, we generally have no idea what it takes to marry and live with a non citizen in america until it happens to us. and then, we see how broken the system is and wonder why no one does anything about it.

i don't doubt for one moment that the president is moving forward with daca for political reasons. he said he was going to do something about these kids and i guess its one of the campaign promises he's actually trying to keep. i don't doubt that daca cases are slowing down family based visa either. i'm just saying it's pointless to blame obama or start rattling off about future democrats or ebola carriers or isis infiltration.

i'm saying, politics completely aside: if you have daca, haiti and regular family based visas and they all use the same system to process but the system itself is broken, what good does it do to point the finger at anything other than the broken system?

that's horrible. i've got my fingers crossed for you guys.

but they don't have longer checks do they? i don't know. i just imported from america's hat.

Ditto,

There is so much about the process that is broken, I don't know where to start. The line is needlessly long to process petitions and the amount of reliable expectations on processing is close to zilch. What is really needed is a serious accountability on the system as it is versus should be along with plans to accommodate any "extras" We need more accountability resources applied to the system, not fighting over table scraps.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

No I read that article when it came out and I am writing Julia Preston to do an update. I am not sure what the action on (is it 500,000 or 5000,000) DACA has to do with Haitians..Is it under the same program?

This came into discussion while addressing the issue of non-USCs receiving speedier immigration services than USCs.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What about women marrying women or men marrying men?

Hey - it's all allowed now, since DOMA got overturned - Let me know if'n you need some intros in Houston ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I remember waiting. I had a lot of free time. I used some of it to fill in my timeline. People used to say it was helpful when asking questions.

Oh - we still say it. Come back upstream to the upper flora, when yer able.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Good. The Haitians have suffered enormously and deserve the support of the US administration. It will have no affect on anyone who is undergoing the immigration process.

I wonder if he is going to let in 100,000 Yolanda refugees.

Filed: Timeline

i'm saying, politics completely aside: if you have daca, haiti and regular family based visas and they all use the same system to process but the system itself is broken, what good does it do to point the finger at anything other than the broken system?

There are priorities at play here; politically driven choices. That's why folks were allowed in the front of the line ahead of us. The system is only 'broken' because it's being blatantly abused for political ends.

Filed: Other Timeline

I wonder if he is going to let in 100,000 Yolanda refugees.

You do that.

However, to be grammatically correct this should read," I wonder if he is going to let in 100,00 Yolanda refugees?" . You are asking a question, not making a statement ;)

There are priorities at play here; politically driven choices. That's why folks were allowed in the front of the line ahead of us. The system is only 'broken' because it's being blatantly abused for political ends.

Might be one of the only statements you have ever made in the history of me being on VJ that I can actually understand you on.

Filed: Timeline

Might be one of the only statements you have ever made in the history of me being on VJ that I can actually understand you on.

And it's nice to see you embrace what I can only describe as a 'conservative' standpoint. (F)

I think it's the personal investment that makes the difference.

And it's nice to see you embrace what I can only describe as a 'conservative' standpoint. (F)

I think it's the personal investment that makes the difference.

I just supported a "conservative" stand point? :crying: