UncleBeer

Obama To Allow 100,000 Haitians To Immigrate To U.S. Without Visas

220 posts in this topic

The issue is that there is no evidence, other than op eds, to the effect DACA had on other applications. In addition, you need to add to DACA all those K-1 who have started AOS and all those tourists/VWP who entered the US, married or decided to enroll in some course, and who have also started AOS while stateside.

There is a myriad of scenarios in which someone may have delayed your application, and even then, you can't measure what the delay is.

It doesn't sweeten the pot a bit, but neither does letting your anxiety and anger take the best of you.

Owe, I am mad at the people who used VWP to marry too! I am not leaving them out. Thanks for pointing that out.

What about women marrying women or men marrying men?

I think men marrying men is another hard category. The rumor is, men are more fraudulent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Back in 2007 (I think it was) USCIS announced they were increasing the filing fee substantially for N-400 (citizenship application) So all of the sudden they were flooded with citizenship applications. This caused the procesing times for I-130s, I-129s, I485s, I-751s etc. etc. to slow down considerably. So there is prior evidence of a sudden rise in one particular application slowing down the entire system.

I know that bit of truth will be hard for some here that are licking their chops at the prospect of all those future Democrat voters, but it's reality. The bottom line is that the current administration is giving preference to people who broke the law to immigrate to the U.S. vs. people that did it the legal way. They're doing this for political reasons while claiming it's some kind of humanitarian act. Anyone that thinks this is some sort of humanitarian gesture on the part of the Obama administration, and not a pure political play, is living in fantasy land.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You're not. The entire immigration process has always been cumbersome. Our systems don't lend themselves well to bureaucracy but there is no other way to control immigration.

I really feel we are punished for loving someone who is not American. Especially women marrying men.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

So if you can't get congress to go along, just circumvent them?

do you think we're ever going to get immigration reform moving? i'm not talking about daca or humanitarian efforts. i'm talking about regular old family based visas/greencards. do you think the political climate will ever be conducive to politicians keeping their base happy and actually pulling off reform? i don't.

look how easy it is for ub and others here to post articles (not necessarily recent) to rile folks up. they want people to believe these issues (daca, haiti, marraige based visas) are connected in a way making it appear obama is stalling on immigration all while making loop holes for future democrats to break through the flood gates and get here easy peasy. that's bunk. anyone who pays attention to immigration knows that.

And he wonders why folks 'dare' to call him a dictator.

some people really are that dumb.

Edited by val erie

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Men are most likely to fall prey to fraud from catalog brides and other schemes - just look around the regional forums and you'll see a trend. Men marrying men is new to the USCIS so you'd be hard pressed to find statistics at this point.

I think men marrying men is another hard category. The rumor is, men are more fraudulent.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

this article doesn't really show a firm grasp on timelines either (i realize it is an aricle from february but still)

Until recently, an American could obtain a green card for a spouse, child or parent — probably the easiest document in the immigration system — in five months or less. But over the past year, waits for approvals of those resident visas stretched to 15 months, and more than 500,000 applications became stuck in the pipeline, playing havoc with international moves and children’s schools and keeping families apart.

Owe, I am mad at the people who used VWP to marry too! I am not leaving them out. Thanks for pointing that out.

You should have gotten your spouse to obtain Tourist visa first then AOS in US.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Men are most likely to fall prey to fraud from catalog brides and other schemes - just look around the regional forums and you'll see a trend. Men marrying men is new to the USCIS so you'd be hard pressed to find statistics at this point.

However, women marrying men have longer wait times even though the highlighted is true. There was a discussion about this a long time ago when I first joined VJ.

The U.S. don't want women importing men. They feel the men will take away jobs from hard working American men. :rolleyes:

However, women marrying men have longer wait times even though the highlighted is true. There was a discussion about this a long time ago when I first joined VJ.

The U.S. don't want women importing men. They feel the men will take away jobs from hard working American men. :rolleyes:

i think you're right but i think it's not this way across the board. i didn't have had any issue bringing a canadian man over. if you know what i mean.

I think there are just as many women that fall victim to fraud as the men. The MENA countries are well known for this. There are always a few running threads about it in the upper forums.