UncleBeer

Obama To Allow 100,000 Haitians To Immigrate To U.S. Without Visas

220 posts in this topic

And yes, proof that you can take care of a person until they get a job is important. No need for a broke person to import another broke person. Then you are going to be on welfare together.

If you truly mean that, then the lower limit should be a good bit more than 125% of the poverty level as a criteria. I think it's foolish to bring someone from another country here to live if you only make $20k.

If you truly mean that, then the lower limit should be a good bit more than 125% of the poverty level as a criteria. I think it's foolish to bring someone from another country here to live if you only make $20k.

20k is okay for 2 people. That's a studio apartment, food and public transportation. :thumbs:

Only snag is: NVC has started denying using a paid-for house as an asset. They say: "It's your house: where are you going to live if you have to sell it?" OK then: stop telling folks it's OK as an asset!

I'm set, but I'm astonished at the contradictory nature of most of their instructions. <_<

When did this start? It was allowed a coupla years ago. The equity in a house, vehicles after the first one, etc. were allowed as assets. Even life insurance, IIRC.

20k is okay for 2 people. That's a studio apartment, food and public transportation. :thumbs:

Might be for some. I'd worry myself into an early grave if I made that much and had bills to pay. And few places in the US have decent public transportation.

We are filling the citizenship in Feb. Guess what. 3rd Biometrics appt in 3 years. 4 counting the one in the PI. Don't you think by now they should know who she is ?

We are filling the citizenship in Feb. Guess what. 3rd Biometrics appt in 3 years. 4 counting the one in the PI. Don't you think by now they should know who she is ?

Nope. You know those Pinay terrorists... always changing their fingerprints.

I'm telling you, we should be out there holding up signs with the illegals demanding our free shyte. Tell them we want the biometrics, free! We want citizenship, free! Green cards, free!! We need to be out there chanting we want to become USCs. If we don't they will keep ignoring us illegal U.S. citizens and giving priority to non-USC illegals.

Filed: Timeline

Hey, the illegals got it figured out. They are demanding to be treated like U.S. citizens. We should too!!? Why not?

If only someone could convince the preznit.

(actually reminds me of a WW2 phrase: "If only Stalin knew", meaning that there was of course no way Stalin could have been responsible for all the misdeeds in the USSR, and if he'd known, he would have straightened them right out. When all along, he was the cause.)

I think it's foolish to bring someone from another country here to live if you only make $20k.

And what if someone happens to be switching jobs, but has HUGE earning potential? Who is the gubmint to make a fair and reasonable assessment of this? They're running a gargantuan deficit!!!

When did this start? It was allowed a coupla years ago. The equity in a house, vehicles after the first one, etc. were allowed as assets. Even life insurance, IIRC.

An immigration lawyer told me this: that owned houses are refused as assets with great regularity. :ranting:

An immigration lawyer told me this: that owned houses are refused as assets with great regularity. :ranting:

Strange. I know many here have reported using such as an asset.

As for the question of "where Will you live if you sell your house?", I'd counter with, "What will I use to buy food if I spend my cash on rent?" Makes about as much sense...

Filed: Other Timeline

i do hope 100,000 Haitian 'new workers' displace 100,000 illegal aliens for the working bits.

That's my thought, however malformed.

Sure 'nuff gets boring to see the same 'ole faces of the entitled who did absolutely nothing but breathe air and occupy space to receive American assistance and taxpayer dollars. Soylent green may not be a bad idea after all.

Sure 'nuff gets boring to see the same 'ole faces of the entitled who did absolutely nothing but breathe air and occupy space to receive American assistance and taxpayer dollars. Soylent green may not be a bad idea after all.

We VJers need to go and rally at the White House. Who's with me?

And what if someone happens to be switching jobs, but has HUGE earning potential? Who is the gubmint to make a fair and reasonable assessment of this? They're running a gargantuan deficit!!!

If memory serves me correctly, "earning potential" was nowhere on the forms I filled out to verify my ability to support an alien. If you can't prove on paper that you have what it takes, then wait til you do. Simple. The same thing that poor people must do.

Still, I feel that the current levels of income are too low to ensure success without stress on a family. Just my belief. I know I wouldn't do it if I was at the lower limit. Maybe that's just me.

And what if someone happens to be switching jobs, but has HUGE earning potential?

In other words, sitting on the couch watching Springer every day and sucking off the gov't teat?

Huge earning potential. :rofl: