kew612

Waiting is definitely the hardest part...

54 posts in this topic

...and it's only been 2 months. Sorry if this is a silly post (or if it is in the wrong place - is there a "Waiting Forever" forum?), but what have others done to pass the time between K1 NOA1 and NOA2?

Vin and I live about 30 minutes from each other (Niagara Falls ON/Buffalo NY) so we can see each other every day, but man it would be nice to just live together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

And....teaching them to drive is the MOST stressful part.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Yes waiting is always hard, but you are lucky that you can see each other regularly. Imagine those that are thousands of miles apart and cannot. A suggestion to help pass the time would be to research further steps in your visa process. For example, read about embassy reviews, what documents are needed for your visa interview, etc. And also researching ahead to when you have to file for AOS.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

...and it's only been 2 months. Sorry if this is a silly post (or if it is in the wrong place - is there a "Waiting Forever" forum?), but what have others done to pass the time between K1 NOA1 and NOA2?

Vin and I live about 30 minutes from each other (Niagara Falls ON/Buffalo NY) so we can see each other every day, but man it would be nice to just live together.

sorry, no sympathy here. you live 30 minutes away. others cannot see their SO for months, sometimes up to a year.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

sorry, no sympathy here. you live 30 minutes away. others cannot see their SO for months, sometimes up to a year.

Sorry, I didn't want sympathy. I just figured talking about how others are passing the time could be a nice thing to do, but once again VJ (while very informative) seems to be a "whose life is harder" contest.

Edit: Sounded waaay meaner than I meant it to sound.

Edited by kew612

Timeline

Sorry, I don't remember asking for sympathy. I just figured talking about how others are passing the time could be a nice thing to do, but once again VJ (while very informative) seems to be a "whose life is harder" contest.

I just find it odd that someone is complaining how hard it is considering that you can visit your SO that is 30 minutes away, which practically means everyday if you chose to. It's like someone saying: "jeezus, I feel so poor, I am only making $100,000/year" when there are people really struggling to make ends meet so to speak. Personally, I don't think I have a right to complain considering I have the possibility of seeing my SO at least every 2 months. Just the facts.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

No post is ever silly! You are correct the wait is so hard. The only thing we can do is be patient and it's not easy at all. You are fortunate to live so close to each other. My fiancé lives in Ghana and I wish he was closer. We wait for our approval and move forward.

I wish you and Vin all the best and hopefully your waiting time will not be much longer.

Sissy

event.png

Sent I-129F - July 17, 2014

USCIS Received - July 18, 2014

NOA-1 - July 22, 2014

ARN Changed - July 30, 2014

Touched - November 14, 2014

NOA-2 -

Timeline

Sorry, I didn't want sympathy. I just figured talking about how others are passing the time could be a nice thing to do, but once again VJ (while very informative) seems to be a "whose life is harder" contest.

Edit: Sounded waaay meaner than I meant it to sound.

by the way, what I can relate to regarding what you are feeling is the status of limbo, as if the next months or so don't seem real. Under no circumstances would you be living the life of going back and forth every other day if you had a choice. I feel the next few months are just pretty much lost in our relationship and will never be recovered thanks to the US Govt and the slow USCIS, NVC or whatever you call it.

msbau764: I am sorry if I came across as privileged and not grateful. I really am super happy that we get to see each other, and I feel terrible that not everyone has the luck of geography that we do. There are factors that make it hard, still - like we both work late into the evening, averaging about 4 hours of being awake together when we do see each other - but in no way would I count myself with the people who genuinely have it rough in the process. It is just, as you said, that "limbo" feeling.

Regardless, though, we're all waiting for it together, and I am just interested in what other people do to pass the time :) Sorry if I offended, and double sorry for the way the last post came out!

LoveinGhana: Thanks for the wishes, and I wish a quick approval for you as well! The Texas service center is just so slow, but who knows? Maybe we'll all luck out and get transferred! *undying optimism* :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeah I can understand where you are coming from. The process is a struggle no matter if you are apart or together. You still have to wait to get married and live together like everyone else so it's still hard on you both too. Just hang in there though and think about the bigger picture. You have the rest of your lives to be with this person. In comparison, a few months waiting is a short time. The best thing to do is try to stay busy and see each other when you get the chance. Especially since you live so close! Best of luck :)

Texas service center was not slow for me at the time I did the k1..I was approved in 6 months. The waiting was hard..we had a time difference of 7 hours. But we just tried to talk to each other and skype the whole time...have fun. And just hang out with friends/family..but It was killing me lol. But my husband was the one that kept me from going crazy xD The wait feels like forever..but just think about this: in a few months it can be approved and then you can spend the rest of your life with him/her. It is worth the wait!

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Im going to start this by saying you are very blessed, Im 8,000 miles away from my Fiance, and I haven't seen him in over 6 months. Due to work and family I cant even get to him unti next year. Everyday seeing him on facetime kills me, because I miss the way he smells & the touch of his hand on mine. The softness of his lips.....I miss everything. Its not a silly post, I write ones like this frequently :( , and I thought once we had our NOA2 things would go quicker. But wow waiting on an interview date sucks...to be soo close yet so far away from him. I wish you good luck and that you can be with your SO asap. Tkcr

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

One thing that I found made the wait easier was writing a journal and a blog. Sounds silly but it helps to get your feelings out while you wait; its cathartic and when you are living with your spouse you can look back on it and think that those sad days were worth it!

Edited by Hotter Otter

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Just be patient! At least you are luckier than most of the people over here. I have been waiting for three years just to be with my husband and i saw some people that have been waiting for more than 10 years just to be with their partners too. You are so lucky that you can see your partner almost everyday. For me, i have to wait for at least 6months before i can meet my husband and spend thousand of dollars for our airfare,hotel, etc.

Edited by African Bride

Journey @ USCIS:

07-27-2013: I-130 Sent

10-02-2013: NOA1-I130

12-09-2013: Approved

12-15-2013: NOA2 Hard Copy Received

Journey @ NVC:

01-22-2014: Case Number & IIN Assigned

.::Case Pending::.

12-09-2014: IV packet sent

12-10-2014: IV packet Delivered to NVC

12-11-2014: IV Scan Date

01-29-2015: Checklist Received from NVC

01-29-2015: Checklist Respond sent

02-02-2015: NVC Received checklist responds.

02-03-2015: New Scan Date

08-18-2015: Case Completed

04-17-2015: Interview Email Received (P4)

04-18-2015: Left NVC

04-19-2015: CEAC Status ‘In Transit’

04-21-2015: Medical Scheduled - Done

05-07-2015: Interview date @Jakarta,Indonesia (Refused under 221(g) for submit applicant (husband)’s ORIGINAL birth certificate & new form G-325A)

05-07-2015: CEAC Status ‘Administrative Processing’

05-18-2015: Requested documents Submitted to RPX-Jakarta,Indonesia

05-19-2015: CEAC Status changed from AP to READY for Interview

05-21-2015: CEAC Status READY, date updated.

05-21-2015: CEAC Status Changed from READY to AP. (at 4pm) I hope it will change to ISSUE tomorrow

05-22-2015: ISSUED

05-27-2015: Visa on hand,finally...

05-29-2015: POE O'hare Chicago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.