AngieandScratcha

Sponsorship and Fraud? Definitions.

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question.

I sponsored my fiancée now husband and his daughter to come to the United States.

I found out recently that he has been cheating on me the whole time and still has someone who says she is his wife in Jamaica. I am not real sure how that is possible, but I guess it is since there was a 3 or 4 month time period from the time they did the check to see if he was married or not. He was great in Jamaica for the most part and so was his daughter. The only time I ever seen him get mad was when he received an RFE instead of a approval. That was the first time I think I saw the real him. He pushed me down on the bed and basically told me to leave Jamaica, which I did. I was upset and swore that I was done but I really loved him and he called and said that he was just upset.

About three days after he announced our engagement on his facebook I started receiving what I would say to be hate mail from a girl in the town he lived. I decided to call off our engagement at that time and not talk to him anymore. The email said that she was with him and that they were in love, and that he was " joking" me. After this and I quit talking to him he involved his friends wife. She called me up and begged me to just talk to him one last time. I did and it was enough to convince me that this girl was nothing to him and just trying to make trouble.

He arrived late March and started with his demands. Everything had to be done on his time frame. He ended up staying for three weeks and disappeared after one argument without telling me where he was going or anything. He came home long enough to get married, convince me once again that he was not doing anything wrong but several times I caught him sending dirty pics from his phone. I was really trying to work this out at this time but his temper was flaring up over everything. He wouldn't even watch the children when I took his daughter to the hospital I came home and he was in a different room off in a corner on his phone texting and on Whats app.

A few days after we married he had his daughter go to school and tell her counselor that they were leaving the state. ( I did not know this) I later found text messages stating this. He waited for our marriage certificate to come in the mail ( which he took and I was unaware of) and caused a huge scene and left. His things and his daughters were already packed.

At this time the police came and (like 7 cop cars ) and 4 different officers told me to go get a restraining order without me going into to much detail.

I did this reluctantly even though he was already gone because I was really scared about what was going to happen next and where he was.

Little did I know that he left went to Maryland and kept his daughter out of school for over a month. They decided. His friends wife ( at least that is the name on the official document that made the report) on me about CPS saying I was trafficking drugs, that my house was in shambles and that my children were not taken care of and that I was on drugs. Of course this was quickly found to be all false and the report closed. However, they kept a case open on his daughter and him for 90 days. I am unsure why. I didn't request that report and I do not even know if I could nor do I want to.

I started talking to him again in July. He stated that he was sorry and I said I was sorry too. I think I could have been more understanding with him about why he couldn't learn how to pump gas and why he didn't help with any chores other than to cook and sweep the kitchen floor, in my mind this is what I told myself and maybe cultural differences where a bit much. He swore that he loved me that I was the only one for him and he wanted our marriage to work. On my birthday a few days before I was to move I received another facebook message from this same girl, keep in mind we are talking years now not just months that this woman has been tormenting me. I told him about this and he disregarded it. Saying he didn't know what she was talking about and didn't want anyone to come in between us. I let it go this time. I had not seen him do anything in a long time as we had been separated.

Since then he asked that we file his AOS, he didn't want me to file it he said he wanted his friends wife to do it and I really didn't know the ends and outs of the paperwork I did however pay for 1300 of it. He also asked that I move to Maryland where he knows people. His friend swore up and down that she had nothing to do with the false CPS report and all of that and she would help find us a place and we would have all kinds of support here. I sold everything I owned, I gave up a house I lived in for four years to move into an apartment which was fine and then I ended up making the journey up to Maryland alone because he said that his friend bailed out on helping, which now I even doubt he ever had anyone lined up to help.

I arrived here after a five month separation when we were only married for three weeks to be welcomed at first. With in a day or so I realized he was again always on his phone and this time the girl had set her face book cover photo to his name that he goes by saying she is his wife. I tried to get him to just stop but it was obvious he was not going to. He would get very mad and start yelling at me that it was his phone he could do what he wanted with it. Three weeks seems to be our magic date, because that week I was sitting there on our couch in our living room and I saw him texting her on whats app. I got on whats app and told her to leave him alone that he was married she then went on to say that they never did break up that he loved her and only her and had been with her a very long time. That I was an opportunity for him to get his green card and other horribly hurtful things. He left that night I didn't want to see him but I was told he would have no where to go the next day so I called him. He said he was very sorry and wanted to work it out. I didn't know really what to do. We talked I asked a few questions like is this his wife over there? Does he have a child with her? I just can not fathom his connection with her that he is going to financially take care of her when his daughter goes without sometimes. He said no but that everything she said was true and that he was sorry. Later that day I noticed in my inbox that her facebook had changed. I went to it and it clearly said that they were married in a picture. He will not be facebook friends with me and has his status as single. The night he was back in the house was miserable he actually told me to leave the bed so I slept on the couch. I went back to the room to find him in our closet texting on his daughters phone. He texts nude pictures of himself. I have caught him doing it because she will text it back to me to rub it in I guess. He also does this from his daughters phone, in which she was going wild deleting text ect. for her father the day I found out trying to make it so no one else found out. She is only 15 yrs old.

I told him that it wasn't right to be in the closet texting and that his phone or what ever phone he was using really didn't need a passcode that his wife didn't know unless he was hiding something. He flew off the handle. I had asked him to get some papers so I could put my child in Pre K for about the third time. He claimed that he took the lease over to his friends house because I didn't need it. He was even saying things like have you ever seen a lease? what do you know about a lease? and for me to call my childs father to get her enrolled in school. He finally came back with two loose sheets of paper from the lease and said that it would work when I had already talked with the school and they only copy two pages of the lease but need to see the whole lease.

Anyway this really upset me. I am in a totally new state no one here but my childs father which was in another country visiting at the time of all of this and we have not been together in years.

He then proceeded to call my mother and she called me to ask what happened. I told her she was then upset that he would do that and so soon after I did everything I did to move and go far away to be with him. He told her I was crazy and somethings and my mother was talking to him when his friends wife took the phone I was on three way and said that I was walking around for two days on a bunch of drugs not taking care of my kids which is absolutely untrue. She then went on to say she was going to have me drug tested to see what I was on ect. When my mother stopped her and asked why she was even speaking to her.

Long story I want to know if I have to keep sponsoring him or what. His AOS has not been approved. I no longer believe anything I am told. I even found a bogus post on here from the so called friend asking about a VAWA for him and his daughter a month before we got back together.

He is not living with me again, this time I think its both our choice. I did however reach out to him and was told by his friend that our relationship was beyond repair. If I can stop it how do I do so? If I cant can I have some advice.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Since his AoS is still pending, you have a brief window in order to withdraw your affidavit of support (the I-864). Without this, his application cannot be approved (unless he files under VAWA).

You should write a formal letter officially stating you are withdrawing your I-864 prior to the adjudication of his I-485. Give all of his information in the letter, including his name, address (on his applications), DOB, alien number, and the application number of his I-485 if you know it. Mail one copy of this letter to whichever USCIS is processing his I-485 (if AoS from a K-1 then most likely the NBC), and then take another copy, make an Infopass appointment at your nearest local office and hand deliver one to the IO there as well. This double-pronged approach should ensure that at least one copy makes it to where it needs to go.

Once the I-864 is withdraw prior to the adjudication of his I-485 then it will be formally denied a short time later. He will then need to depart the US, and cannot adjust status based on marriage to anyone other than you in the future, again unless he is able to successfully file through VAWA (and he would seem to have no basis for doing so based on what you have said).

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

should I tell them what has been going on and now that I feel threatened again? Or should I just write something simple and ask to withdraw my I-864

He does have a co sponsor but the co sponsor is now unemployed, I do not know if that matters or not. I just do not wish to be apart of this anymore. My life has been in total chaos ever since he came here. I was a college student working on an Engineering degree. I take great offence to him telling everyone that I am crazy all the time and now I think I know where he got that from. His friends wife who thinks she sponsored him even though she was just a co sponsor

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Cancel the application by calling NVC! You should also send out an email to asknvc@state.gov retracting your AOS because with that email on file, they will not pass the AOS and you will be safe. Take care of the matter ASAP else you will be liable to keep him supported for years to come.

I have a question.

I sponsored my fiancée now husband and his daughter to come to the United States.

I found out recently that he has been cheating on me the whole time and still has someone who says she is his wife in Jamaica. I am not real sure how that is possible, but I guess it is since there was a 3 or 4 month time period from the time they did the check to see if he was married or not. He was great in Jamaica for the most part and so was his daughter. The only time I ever seen him get mad was when he received an RFE instead of a approval. That was the first time I think I saw the real him. He pushed me down on the bed and basically told me to leave Jamaica, which I did. I was upset and swore that I was done but I really loved him and he called and said that he was just upset.

About three days after he announced our engagement on his facebook I started receiving what I would say to be hate mail from a girl in the town he lived. I decided to call off our engagement at that time and not talk to him anymore. The email said that she was with him and that they were in love, and that he was " joking" me. After this and I quit talking to him he involved his friends wife. She called me up and begged me to just talk to him one last time. I did and it was enough to convince me that this girl was nothing to him and just trying to make trouble.

He arrived late March and started with his demands. Everything had to be done on his time frame. He ended up staying for three weeks and disappeared after one argument without telling me where he was going or anything. He came home long enough to get married, convince me once again that he was not doing anything wrong but several times I caught him sending dirty pics from his phone. I was really trying to work this out at this time but his temper was flaring up over everything. He wouldn't even watch the children when I took his daughter to the hospital I came home and he was in a different room off in a corner on his phone texting and on Whats app.

A few days after we married he had his daughter go to school and tell her counselor that they were leaving the state. ( I did not know this) I later found text messages stating this. He waited for our marriage certificate to come in the mail ( which he took and I was unaware of) and caused a huge scene and left. His things and his daughters were already packed.

At this time the police came and (like 7 cop cars ) and 4 different officers told me to go get a restraining order without me going into to much detail.

I did this reluctantly even though he was already gone because I was really scared about what was going to happen next and where he was.

Little did I know that he left went to Maryland and kept his daughter out of school for over a month. They decided. His friends wife ( at least that is the name on the official document that made the report) on me about CPS saying I was trafficking drugs, that my house was in shambles and that my children were not taken care of and that I was on drugs. Of course this was quickly found to be all false and the report closed. However, they kept a case open on his daughter and him for 90 days. I am unsure why. I didn't request that report and I do not even know if I could nor do I want to.

I started talking to him again in July. He stated that he was sorry and I said I was sorry too. I think I could have been more understanding with him about why he couldn't learn how to pump gas and why he didn't help with any chores other than to cook and sweep the kitchen floor, in my mind this is what I told myself and maybe cultural differences where a bit much. He swore that he loved me that I was the only one for him and he wanted our marriage to work. On my birthday a few days before I was to move I received another facebook message from this same girl, keep in mind we are talking years now not just months that this woman has been tormenting me. I told him about this and he disregarded it. Saying he didn't know what she was talking about and didn't want anyone to come in between us. I let it go this time. I had not seen him do anything in a long time as we had been separated.

Since then he asked that we file his AOS, he didn't want me to file it he said he wanted his friends wife to do it and I really didn't know the ends and outs of the paperwork I did however pay for 1300 of it. He also asked that I move to Maryland where he knows people. His friend swore up and down that she had nothing to do with the false CPS report and all of that and she would help find us a place and we would have all kinds of support here. I sold everything I owned, I gave up a house I lived in for four years to move into an apartment which was fine and then I ended up making the journey up to Maryland alone because he said that his friend bailed out on helping, which now I even doubt he ever had anyone lined up to help.

I arrived here after a five month separation when we were only married for three weeks to be welcomed at first. With in a day or so I realized he was again always on his phone and this time the girl had set her face book cover photo to his name that he goes by saying she is his wife. I tried to get him to just stop but it was obvious he was not going to. He would get very mad and start yelling at me that it was his phone he could do what he wanted with it. Three weeks seems to be our magic date, because that week I was sitting there on our couch in our living room and I saw him texting her on whats app. I got on whats app and told her to leave him alone that he was married she then went on to say that they never did break up that he loved her and only her and had been with her a very long time. That I was an opportunity for him to get his green card and other horribly hurtful things. He left that night I didn't want to see him but I was told he would have no where to go the next day so I called him. He said he was very sorry and wanted to work it out. I didn't know really what to do. We talked I asked a few questions like is this his wife over there? Does he have a child with her? I just can not fathom his connection with her that he is going to financially take care of her when his daughter goes without sometimes. He said no but that everything she said was true and that he was sorry. Later that day I noticed in my inbox that her facebook had changed. I went to it and it clearly said that they were married in a picture. He will not be facebook friends with me and has his status as single. The night he was back in the house was miserable he actually told me to leave the bed so I slept on the couch. I went back to the room to find him in our closet texting on his daughters phone. He texts nude pictures of himself. I have caught him doing it because she will text it back to me to rub it in I guess. He also does this from his daughters phone, in which she was going wild deleting text ect. for her father the day I found out trying to make it so no one else found out. She is only 15 yrs old.

I told him that it wasn't right to be in the closet texting and that his phone or what ever phone he was using really didn't need a passcode that his wife didn't know unless he was hiding something. He flew off the handle. I had asked him to get some papers so I could put my child in Pre K for about the third time. He claimed that he took the lease over to his friends house because I didn't need it. He was even saying things like have you ever seen a lease? what do you know about a lease? and for me to call my childs father to get her enrolled in school. He finally came back with two loose sheets of paper from the lease and said that it would work when I had already talked with the school and they only copy two pages of the lease but need to see the whole lease.

Anyway this really upset me. I am in a totally new state no one here but my childs father which was in another country visiting at the time of all of this and we have not been together in years.

He then proceeded to call my mother and she called me to ask what happened. I told her she was then upset that he would do that and so soon after I did everything I did to move and go far away to be with him. He told her I was crazy and somethings and my mother was talking to him when his friends wife took the phone I was on three way and said that I was walking around for two days on a bunch of drugs not taking care of my kids which is absolutely untrue. She then went on to say she was going to have me drug tested to see what I was on ect. When my mother stopped her and asked why she was even speaking to her.

Long story I want to know if I have to keep sponsoring him or what. His AOS has not been approved. I no longer believe anything I am told. I even found a bogus post on here from the so called friend asking about a VAWA for him and his daughter a month before we got back together.

He is not living with me again, this time I think its both our choice. I did however reach out to him and was told by his friend that our relationship was beyond repair. If I can stop it how do I do so? If I cant can I have some advice.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2013-10-18
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-10-24
I-130 Approved : 2014-06-26
NVC Received : 2014-07-08
Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-04
Received AOS Bill : 2014-08-06
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-07
Send AOS Package : 2014-08-13
Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-15
Paid IV Bill: 2014-09-17
Submit DS-260 : 2014-09-17
Send IV Packet : 2014-10-4
AOS Checklist : 2014-10-8
NVC Case Complete : 2014-11-21
Interview: 2015-01-06
POE: 2015-01-22 :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

should I tell them what has been going on and now that I feel threatened again? Or should I just write something simple and ask to withdraw my I-864

He does have a co sponsor but the co sponsor is now unemployed, I do not know if that matters or not. I just do not wish to be apart of this anymore. My life has been in total chaos ever since he came here. I was a college student working on an Engineering degree. I take great offence to him telling everyone that I am crazy all the time and now I think I know where he got that from. His friends wife who thinks she sponsored him even though she was just a co sponsor

You should explain everything in a separate letter as well. If possible, you can provide them with text messages or any other evidence you may have regarding the abuse. Keep safe!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2013-10-18
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-10-24
I-130 Approved : 2014-06-26
NVC Received : 2014-07-08
Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-04
Received AOS Bill : 2014-08-06
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-07
Send AOS Package : 2014-08-13
Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-15
Paid IV Bill: 2014-09-17
Submit DS-260 : 2014-09-17
Send IV Packet : 2014-10-4
AOS Checklist : 2014-10-8
NVC Case Complete : 2014-11-21
Interview: 2015-01-06
POE: 2015-01-22 :dancing:

Do not waste time contacting the NVC, as they have no bearing on anything now that he already has his visa and has used it to enter the US.

Once you pull the I-864 as his primary sponsor, his I-485 cannot be approved regardless of whether he has joint sponsors lined up or not. Without yours then his application is dead.

Given the timeline as you have described it, you could be down to the wire with regards to the processing time of his applications. You should act immediately, as you can only withdraw your I-864 prior to USCIS adjudicating his I-485.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There seems plenty of warning signs from the very beginning but not sure there is any mention of evidence.

Pull the I 864 and the one thing you have not mentioned is appoint a Divorce Lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

As Hypnos said. Do it, then cut your loses, a hard lesson learned, and RUN, RUN, and run some more

as fast as your can far far far away from him and start your life new.

Just as you told us, tell USCIS, and anyone else dealing with his AOS EVERYTHING!!!!! Also tell them about his pre -plans to try to do VAWA. Bust him out!

He IS NOT and NEVER WAS yours to begin with. I speak from experience. I'm just saying!

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Timeline

it was a long topic I actually did see and pay a partial retainer to a attorney for divorce but I was in a different state than I am in now. When I go to make the appointment to info pass what do I click on which reason none seem to match the issue. :oops:

Timeline

I realize that he never really wanted this relationship and that I was just a way over now. I know all the signs were there I guess I just didn't want to see them.

The problem is I do not know who all is dealing with the AOS. I was told to make an appointment with info pass by USCIS to discuss it but I do not know what option to put down as a reason there is no "other"

Also I know this is moot now but why would he and his friend be running around telling everyone I am crazy and all this stuff that is untrue? I guess I am just clueless but if anyone can let me in on it I would appreciate it. I'm book smart I guess just not people smart.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Fraud maybe since he seems to have another woman all this time and apparently planned to enter the U.S. Under false pretenses.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Timeline

these are my options

You need Service on a case that has already been filed
You are a new Permanent Resident and have not yet received your Permanent Resident Card
You want to file an application in person
You need information or other services
You need a form.
You are a United States Military Member, Military Retiree or a Military Dependant

I realize that he never really wanted this relationship and that I was just a way over now. I know all the signs were there I guess I just didn't want to see them.

The problem is I do not know who all is dealing with the AOS. I was told to make an appointment with info pass by USCIS to discuss it but I do not know what option to put down as a reason there is no "other"

Also I know this is moot now but why would he and his friend be running around telling everyone I am crazy and all this stuff that is untrue? I guess I am just clueless but if anyone can let me in on it I would appreciate it. I'm book smart I guess just not people smart.

Love is blind. That's why there a lot women can't get away from an abusive relationship. You are lucky to figure out in earlier stage. Obviously you could see all the signs but your heart refused to believe it. Now, time to act, cut him off from your life and move on. Wish you luck in the future.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

these are my options

You need Service on a case that has already been filed

You are a new Permanent Resident and have not yet received your Permanent Resident Card

You want to file an application in person

You need information or other services

You need a form.

You are a United States Military Member, Military Retiree or a Military Dependant

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.