cheesecake_A+J

K1 September 2014 Filers (TSC)

3,309 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, I knew pfrederiksen that you were going to cast a black shadow over the whole affair. But it is what it is. I think we all realized what the chances were when we sent the FedEx packet, which is why I sent it 3-day instead of overnight. I don't mind tossing $10 in the garbage bin, but not $40. LOL In addition, Stef has a contact that is supposed to help us get the letter into someone's hands who might actually be able to do something with it. Who knows if that'll pan out either, but Stef gave it a heck of an effort to get that contact on-board. I tip my hat to her for her efforts. Kristin is a hell of a proofer and April checked things over too.

So. Regardless of the outcome, I busted azz on that project, as did the other skunkworks team members. I will never lose that fighting spirit, despite the negativity of you and so many others. Heck I'm already looking at other things I can try next. In fact I've been working on one of them this week. The point to all of that being that I refuse to give up on the issue of an imbalance in the processing times between the CSC and TSC; they will not wear me down, I will keep at it until change is affected somehow, someway. As I've said before, it's not the wait that drives me, it's the unfairness of the imbalance in processing times.

But whichever, criticize it all y'all want. I've done more than all I can and that is cool. To me at least.

Ok I'm out WRT the debate regarding the merit of continued appeals...

1) I'm being realistic. Sending the packet to the white house was really nothing more than buying a lottery ticket. Sure, you can't win if you play, but you aren't going to win.

2) I've been in direct contact (not a staffer) with my senator over this issue. I'm not sitting on the sidelines.

I-129F Sent: 9-19-2014

I-129F Received: 9-23-2014

NOA1 - 9-26-2014

ARN Change Notification: 9-29-2014

NOA2 - 5-1-2015

Case sent to NVC - 5-11-2015

NVC Received - 5-19-2015

Medical/Immunizations - 6-3-2015

Interview Approved - 8-5-2015

POI: IAD 8-28-2015

SSN: 10-19-2015

Wedding: 10-24-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

av8or1 I for one respect and applaud you for all that you are doing. As much as I miss and want to be with my love I couldn't even imagine being pregnant and having to go through it without him I would be emotionally wrecked. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. I know I am doing everything I can during this process not because am not REALISTIC about the situation but this s the only thing that will keep me sane. I don't want to speak for anyone else here but I think most of us here knows the chances are slim but if we never try then will we will never know?

09-24-2014: I-129F sent

09-25-2014: NOA1 email text

09-29-2014: NOA1 hard copy

04-02-2015: NOA2 email/Txt

04-03-2015: Sent to NVC

04-07-2015: NOA hardcopy received

04-10-2015: NVC received

04-13-2015: Case # assigned

04-15-2015: In Transit

04-21-2015: Ready Embassy

04-27-2015: Packet 3 RCV

04-28-2015: Medical

05-11-2015: Interview

05-16-2015 Visa in hand

05-17-2015 POE FLL

07-18-2015 Married Courts

10-10-2015 Big Wedding

11-07-2015 AOS Mailed

11-09-2015 Package Delivered

11-12-2015 Received Email and text

11-13-2015 Two more Conf# email and text

11-19-2015 Received NOA1 in the mail

12-04-2015 Received Biometric Letter

12-04-2015 RFE

12-11-2015 Biometric walk-in completed

12-21-2015 RFE Mailed overnight

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Whoever said I wasn't being realistic? Whoever said you hadn't done anything? All I'm saying is consider not being so negative and couching it in terms of "being realistic". None of us ever thought that a letter to the White House might get very far, but even if someone, anyone sees it that could put it in the hands of someone who might do something with it, then the mere possibility of that chain of events was worth it to all of us who participated. You don't see any of us criticizing whatever it is you're doing, so try to be more of a team player and less of a hater/critic. That's all I am asking. We're in this together and any attempt to make progress is to be commended...

Ok I'm gonna stop before I say something that might get me banned. Oooops, may have already done it, dunno. LOL

And with that I *am* out WRT debating this subject...."and this time I mean it." :D :D :D

I'll post the results, if any (read that pf-> "if any" in this context is a direct indicator of "realistic", in case you didn't catch it), that I receive. But I'll (try to) refrain from getting into another debate. It just sheds more heat than light on the issue and I'd prefer to focus on the light half of things...

ps-Oooops,I almost forgot: thanks Ethline! I appreciate your care and compassion for our situation. Indeed, it has been particularly rough during the past couple of days because Elena and I are making contingencies for what we will do if I indeed must return home to TEXAS and leave them behind until the MOTHER LOVIN USCIS/TSC get their act together and get our petition through the process. She's taking it well so far, or at least appears to be, but I can tell it's not exactly the scenario she'd prefer. Duh. Anyway, I have thought about it enough the past few days. Gonna give it a rest and pray like heck that something breaks and we get through the process somehow without that dreadful scenario playing out. TBD.

But again, thank you so much Ethline, I appreciate it!

Edited by av8or1

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Timeline

You don't see any of us criticizing whatever it is you're doing, so try to be more of a team player and less of a hater/critic.

I don't see anywhere where I have done that. You are jumping all over me because I'm just setting expectations. Where did I say not to do it? Where did I say you shouldn't have done it? Where did I criticize the fact you did it? Nowhere. Relax. If taking it out on me makes you feel better, by all means. I didn't put us in this situation.

NOA1 - 9-26-2014

NOA2 - 5-1-2015

NVC Received - 5-19-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

You are very welcome on another note this process has me to the point where I hate the weekends. Especially long Holiday weekend. That means no updates for three days. what would I do without VJ :D :D sad but this site gives me hope very time I see someone gets approved I feel like I'm one closer to my approval.

09-24-2014: I-129F sent

09-25-2014: NOA1 email text

09-29-2014: NOA1 hard copy

04-02-2015: NOA2 email/Txt

04-03-2015: Sent to NVC

04-07-2015: NOA hardcopy received

04-10-2015: NVC received

04-13-2015: Case # assigned

04-15-2015: In Transit

04-21-2015: Ready Embassy

04-27-2015: Packet 3 RCV

04-28-2015: Medical

05-11-2015: Interview

05-16-2015 Visa in hand

05-17-2015 POE FLL

07-18-2015 Married Courts

10-10-2015 Big Wedding

11-07-2015 AOS Mailed

11-09-2015 Package Delivered

11-12-2015 Received Email and text

11-13-2015 Two more Conf# email and text

11-19-2015 Received NOA1 in the mail

12-04-2015 Received Biometric Letter

12-04-2015 RFE

12-11-2015 Biometric walk-in completed

12-21-2015 RFE Mailed overnight

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree Ethline! I am hopeful that the friends I've made here will last a lifetime. It's a hell of a thing to experience, and those types of things tend to form strong bonds, so we'll see! Good times.....

April and msbau764 - Adam already mentioned meeting up when Alexa is in Houston, so if y'all can, make some time. Exact date depends on when she arrives and when she will depart, so we'll see, but generally around the end of February I think. Same goes for when Daniel is here! Let's meetup then too!

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I agree Ethline! I am hopeful that the friends I've made here will last a lifetime. It's a hell of a thing to experience, and those types of things tend to form strong bonds, so we'll see! Good times.....

April and msbau764 - Adam already mentioned meeting up when Alexa is in Houston, so if y'all can, make some time. Exact date depends on when she arrives and when she will depart, so we'll see, but generally around the end of February I think. Same goes for when Daniel is here! Let's meetup then too!

Sorry I haven't replied... it has been crazy at work for me :( ...

We should definitely meet when I go. I am still figuring out dates but I can let you know guys once there :D, it most likely be the end of February after the 23rd :dancing:

thanks av8or1 for all the efforts with this TSC mess, I don't see it as a waste. I see that positive people get what they deserve and you guys are doing an awesome job. I agree with you in so many ways and I think is better to move and do something about TSC than just sit and complain about what others do, congrats on that av8or1.

I will text you from Adam's phone once there, looking forward to meet all of you guys and have some new friends.

take care everyone. going to hit 6 months pretty soon and I am still positive and patient about this whole process.

Timeline

I agree with you in so many ways and I think is better to move and do something about TSC than just sit and complain about what others do, congrats on that av8or1.

Since this is obviously directed at me, I'd like to ask where I have complained or criticized? I've only tried to manage expectations.

As far as not doing anything about it, I'd like to remind you that I was the first person in this thread to reach out to government officials. I also know that it's likely not to change anything, and as close as we are to NOA1's, it's definitely going to do us any good. Perhaps people behind us, but still unlikely.

Negativity isn't the same as realistic. I'd love it if we got any benefit out of any of this.

NOA1 - 9-26-2014

NOA2 - 5-1-2015

NVC Received - 5-19-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I made a comment if you felt offended by it then you should reconsider your words. This is not the only thread I'm on since our Noa1 letter says August 27th but last time USCIS told us was September 5th, so obviously my comment wasn't directed towards you, I was expressing my general opinion.

for everyone else I read on August 2014 filers Tsc thread that a couple got approved and they never got email text message neither update on their uscis website, they found out when they got a letter on the mail. So keep an eye on it, I think if I'm not wrong their NOA1 was August 7th.

Good luck to everyone here !!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey guys! Woah everyone's in a pretty heavy topic here huh? ?????

Anyways! I thought I'd lighten things up and give you all an update on my life lol. My fiancé and I decided we're giving up on the fiance visa. He booked his ticket and I got an apartment and he'll be here in 10 days! We've decided to move to germany and after university we'll reapply but under DCF, as many WONDERFUL people pointed out! We've both talked it over with our parents, and they're okay with the idea as well. My fiancé's mom actually wants to move back to Montreal and my parents are also considering moving back to germany. We'll keep the visa running for now, just in case I do happen to get the visa and what nots, but it's really not our main goal or focus anymore. We just want to get settled into our new home ?. I wish everyone here good luck, and I hope you all find your ways soon!! ?⭐️

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

Got engaged :wub:(August 29th, 2014)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Click Spoiler to show i-129F K-1 Visa application processes

hgOf2QL.png?1

November 16th - Applied for SS Card
November 16th - Got marriage certificate

November 20th - Married!!! <3
December 9th - AOS package sent

December 18th - NOA's received for all three!!

December 21st - NOA1 hard copy in the mail

Dec 30th - Bio-metrics letter in the mail

Jan 12th, 2016 - Bio-metrics completed!!

Jan 15th - RFIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd - RFIE response mailed back
Feb 26th - RFIE response received
March 8th - EAD/AP APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! (On my birthday too~)

March 16th - Card received in the mail~
May 17th - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!! NO INTERVIEW NEEDED

May 23rd - NOA approval in the mail

May 25th - Green card in HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Future ROC filing date: Feb 16th, 2018

Anyways! I thought I'd lighten things up and give you all an update on my life lol. My fiancé and I decided we're giving up on the fiance visa. He booked his ticket and I got an apartment and he'll be here in 10 days! We've decided to move to germany and after university we'll reapply but under DCF, as many WONDERFUL people pointed out! We've both talked it over with our parents, and they're okay with the idea as well. My fiancé's mom actually wants to move back to Montreal and my parents are also considering moving back to germany. We'll keep the visa running for now, just in case I do happen to get the visa and what nots, but it's really not our main goal or focus anymore. We just want to get settled into our new home ?. I wish everyone here good luck, and I hope you all find your ways soon!! ?⭐️

...down goes Frazier

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Anyways! I thought I'd lighten things up and give you all an update on my life lol. My fiancé and I decided we're giving up on the fiance visa. He booked his ticket and I got an apartment and he'll be here in 10 days! We've decided to move to germany and after university we'll reapply but under DCF, as many WONDERFUL people pointed out!

All the best with your plans for your new lives together :)

You are the third person I've seen post on the forum in the last few days where the couple has decided to move to the beneficiary's country. Although happy for those of you who are doing what you can to make it work, it's kind of sad that the immigration system is so broken that instead of US citizens being able to bring their loved ones over and live legally as family together, they are instead being driven out of the country due to incompetence beyond their control.

Anyhow, enough of that.

Very best wishes to the two of you!

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Good luck! I cross my fingers for you that this is a good choice for you :-)

I am happy you found a way to be together and take the stress out of the process (what with your guys´ timelines and all)

Would love to hear how it works out for you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck for both of you. As long as you guys are together everything will be easier and smoother . :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you everyone!! I wish you all the best and hope you all have a fast acceptance with all the effort everyone's putting in!! :D it truly is a sad thing that TSC can't get their act together.

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

Got engaged :wub:(August 29th, 2014)

Click Spoiler to show i-129F K-1 Visa application processes

hgOf2QL.png?1

November 16th - Applied for SS Card
November 16th - Got marriage certificate

November 20th - Married!!! <3
December 9th - AOS package sent

December 18th - NOA's received for all three!!

December 21st - NOA1 hard copy in the mail

Dec 30th - Bio-metrics letter in the mail

Jan 12th, 2016 - Bio-metrics completed!!

Jan 15th - RFIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd - RFIE response mailed back
Feb 26th - RFIE response received
March 8th - EAD/AP APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! (On my birthday too~)

March 16th - Card received in the mail~
May 17th - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!! NO INTERVIEW NEEDED

May 23rd - NOA approval in the mail

May 25th - Green card in HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Future ROC filing date: Feb 16th, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.