cheesecake_A+J

K1 September 2014 Filers (TSC)

3,309 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

LOL! YES!

Actually pizza, Netflix and Smartfood popcorn have been my vices over the past month. Every time I drive by my gym now I just look and think, "I love you - but I've chosen darkness..." and keep driving.

Hahaha I saw this this morning. Thank you for the lol's

I 110% emailed the Ombusdman this morning and said,

"Good morning and happy Friday!

I was hoping to get some insight if you are able to help me out. As of today I have been stuck at TSC for 147 days. Monday I will hit the five month mark. We received a letter from USCIS (a few of us had been petitioning to have a caseload transfer) and we were excited that they finally decided to do it on March 27th. You can imagine how crushing it was when we found out that it was not an actual transfer of cases but only an assignment to CSC of cases submitted after March 27th. This leaves all new cases being approved in under a month and people in TSC still there after 200+ days. Just thinking of a wait of 250 days is unsettling. Is there anything that can be done on your end? It just seems that the decision to do this came to them at a bar after 1am."

I'm waiting for them to "lose" my file lol

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I was hoping to get some insight if you are able to help me out. As of today I have been stuck at TSC for 147 days. Monday I will hit the five month mark. We received a letter from USCIS (a few of us had been petitioning to have a caseload transfer) and we were excited that they finally decided to do it on March 27th. You can imagine how crushing it was when we found out that it was not an actual transfer of cases but only an assignment to CSC of cases submitted after March 27th. This leaves all new cases being approved in under a month and people in TSC still there after 200+ days. Just thinking of a wait of 250 days is unsettling. Is there anything that can be done on your end? It just seems that the decision to do this came to them at a bar after 1am."

I (L) U!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Haha - hey, we might as well have a sense of humour about it at this point.

I've honestly had to push the idea of CSC's existence out of my head because it was causing me to go mad. Like, HOW IS THIS ACTUALLY EVEN REMOTELY OK?

I'm trying to calm myself by thinking positively - they are approving September files right now. Efficiently? No. But they are working through September. Within the next two weeks there HAVE to be more of us approved and things will HAVE to be looking better for people here.

Again, I am so thankful for this group right here. For a month I was just perusing the forums as a whole and I was not really digging some of the people or some of the things I was reading. I've been feeling a lot more at ease since stumbling into you folks :luv:

[ Spring 2005 ] Met online, in-game (WoW)

[ February 2012 ] Finally admitted our true feelings after years of staying hush hush!

[ March 22, 2012 ] Made things official!

[ April 13, 2012 ] Met for the first time in real life and fell in love!

[ July 8, 2014 ] Got engaged!

[ September 10, 2014 ] Filled out paper work

[ September 19, 2014 ] Receipt Date

[ September 23, 2014 ] NOA1

And after 246 hellish days (8+ months) of being trapped in TSC purgatory....

[ May 27, 2015 ] NOA2 :)

[ September 16, 2015 ] Interview at the US Consulate in Montreal!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Brilliant!

They probably all have drinking problems and now we do too thanks to them.

The thing that would have made sense was for them to get extra staff in to clear the backlog and at the same time route new cases.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's not OK. And Yeah, an above average sense of humor is a basic requirement just to stay alive through this.

Seriously though, it's just not funny. It's NOT okay that families are kept apart, not because of the requirements for additional screening or even in the interests of security, but solely due to bad management, incompetence and complete apathy. These are people's lives. People are not case numbers or bar codes. We are real people with hopes and dreams.

What is also really sad is that this forum was for people to share information and experiences, have a safe place to vent and get support and understanding ... yet the system, NOT the people, have caused a deep and painful divide between CSC and TSC filers. It's like a 'them and us' situation. Poor case load management and glossing over of an ever growing problem has caused it to become progressively severe over time. It's like taking two kids, putting them in a room and giving one of them a bag of candy and a big box of cool toys and saying: "Have fun, but you can't share with your friend."

We are through TSC now, but I honestly still feel quite raw about the whole experience and how it affected me. It took a toll on my emotions, my family, friendships fell apart because people thought I was making things up as I went along and being hurt and super sensitive, I cut ties with them completely, family have been concerned, it took a toll on my health .... Anyone here feeling the same right now? There's nothing wrong with you and you're not weak. This is unnecessary torture.

Sorry, this is part rant and part "We know what you're going through". For what it's worth. You guys don't deserve this. Still hoping the pace picks up somehow at TSC. Still here and watching for your approvals.

Lee

Yuppppp.

My personal and professional life have suffered a great deal over this and it is only going to get worse since I'm out of options to go visit more due to vacation time issues.

I-129F Sent: 9-19-2014

I-129F Received: 9-23-2014

NOA1 - 9-26-2014

ARN Change Notification: 9-29-2014

NOA2 - 5-1-2015

Case sent to NVC - 5-11-2015

NVC Received - 5-19-2015

Medical/Immunizations - 6-3-2015

Interview Approved - 8-5-2015

POI: IAD 8-28-2015

SSN: 10-19-2015

Wedding: 10-24-2015

Yuppppp.

My personal and professional life have suffered a great deal over this and it is only going to get worse since I'm out of options to go visit more due to vacation time issues.

I agree - I haven't seen Michael since the beginning of Sept, and I don't have the kind of time to take to visit him. If we somehow managed to have a miracle happen and actually have our wedding in Sept, I need to save time off for that.

(L):) I am the petitioner :)(L)

K-1 Journey:

Petition Sent : 9-18-14

Petition Received: 9-19-14

NOA1: 9-23-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 9-29-14

RFE: 4-30-15

RFE Response Rec'd: 5-8-15

NOA 2: 5-19-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 5-26-15

Sent to NVC: 5-29-15

NVC Received : 6-5-15

NVC Case # assigned:6-9-15 (Date received on phone)

Sent to Embassy:6-16-15

Embassy Received:6-19-15

Medical: 6-22-15

Packet 3 Received: Not Received

Packet 3 Sent:6-26-15

Packet 4 Received: Not Received

Interview: 7-27-15 - Approved!!!

POE: 8-20-15

Wedding: 9-12-15

AOS Journey(I-485, I-765, I-131):

Packet Sent: 11-03-2015

Packet Received: 11-04-2015

NOA1: 11-10-2015

Biometrics: 12-01-2015

EAD/AP Approved: 1-25-2016

EAD/AP Mailed:

EAD/AP Received:

AOS Approved: 2-20-16

GC mailed: 2-24-16

GC received:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Grrrr someone just posted a long convo with a rep and now I can't find it :( I wanted to respond.

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's not OK. And Yeah, an above average sense of humor is a basic requirement just to stay alive through this.

Seriously though, it's just not funny. It's NOT okay that families are kept apart, not because of the requirements for additional screening or even in the interests of security, but solely due to bad management, incompetence and complete apathy. These are people's lives. People are not case numbers or bar codes. We are real people with hopes and dreams.

What is also really sad is that this forum was for people to share information and experiences, have a safe place to vent and get support and understanding ... yet the system, NOT the people, have caused a deep and painful divide between CSC and TSC filers. It's like a 'them and us' situation. Poor case load management and glossing over of an ever growing problem has caused it to become progressively severe over time. It's like taking two kids, putting them in a room and giving one of them a bag of candy and a big box of cool toys and saying: "Have fun, but you can't share with your friend."

We are through TSC now, but I honestly still feel quite raw about the whole experience and how it affected me. It took a toll on my emotions, my family, friendships fell apart because people thought I was making things up as I went along and being hurt and super sensitive, I cut ties with them completely, family have been concerned, it took a toll on my health .... Anyone here feeling the same right now? There's nothing wrong with you and you're not weak. This is unnecessary torture.

Sorry, this is part rant and part "We know what you're going through". For what it's worth. You guys don't deserve this. Still hoping the pace picks up somehow at TSC. Still here and watching for your approvals.

Lee

Thank you for such a raw, honest and encouraging response. It's this, in this group, that helps me so much.

Up until February, it was a breeze only because our immi lawyer gave us Feb as somewhat of a checkpoint. She said if we didn't hear anything by Feb, she'd make a phone call. So from Sept to Jan I kept that in mind and had so many positive distractions such as American thanksgiving, which I was able to spend with Nick and his family, and then Christmas which we spent together. Once February rolled around and the lawyer told us how behind TSC was is when things just became very dark for me; I have been extremely anti-social. I have a food blog that I try to keep busy with because I hope to monetize it and work on it full time once I am settled, but other than that, I've had a hard time finding interest in anything. I can't get into any books I try to read; I can't even bring myself to go to the gym more than once or twice a week it seems. I'm fortunate that my friends and family are all very understanding but of course I feel kind of shitty about it.

Tomorrow is my bridal shower actually, and my in-laws are coming into town for it. My family has a sneaking suspicion that Nick is secretly tagging along to surprise me (he lives a lot farther from here than his family does). I hope so! But if not, I'm unfortunately feeling a little sad about having to face bridal things and questions and all of this wedding attention while in such a dark place emotionally. No one will know. I probably put on the best front ever when it comes to that...but I'll probably just come home and drown myself in leftover sangria and shitty snacks. Lol.

I think rants are healthy - and sharing the experience even more so!

[ Spring 2005 ] Met online, in-game (WoW)

[ February 2012 ] Finally admitted our true feelings after years of staying hush hush!

[ March 22, 2012 ] Made things official!

[ April 13, 2012 ] Met for the first time in real life and fell in love!

[ July 8, 2014 ] Got engaged!

[ September 10, 2014 ] Filled out paper work

[ September 19, 2014 ] Receipt Date

[ September 23, 2014 ] NOA1

And after 246 hellish days (8+ months) of being trapped in TSC purgatory....

[ May 27, 2015 ] NOA2 :)

[ September 16, 2015 ] Interview at the US Consulate in Montreal!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Lee

I couldn't have said it any better. I've gone through so many different emotions going through this process. I've taken quite a hit financially, but the emotional hit is the worst I've gain 20 pounds. This process and the frustration that is TSC is not something I will soon forget.

09-24-2014: I-129F sent

09-25-2014: NOA1 email text

09-29-2014: NOA1 hard copy

04-02-2015: NOA2 email/Txt

04-03-2015: Sent to NVC

04-07-2015: NOA hardcopy received

04-10-2015: NVC received

04-13-2015: Case # assigned

04-15-2015: In Transit

04-21-2015: Ready Embassy

04-27-2015: Packet 3 RCV

04-28-2015: Medical

05-11-2015: Interview

05-16-2015 Visa in hand

05-17-2015 POE FLL

07-18-2015 Married Courts

10-10-2015 Big Wedding

11-07-2015 AOS Mailed

11-09-2015 Package Delivered

11-12-2015 Received Email and text

11-13-2015 Two more Conf# email and text

11-19-2015 Received NOA1 in the mail

12-04-2015 Received Biometric Letter

12-04-2015 RFE

12-11-2015 Biometric walk-in completed

12-21-2015 RFE Mailed overnight

I agree It's just not funny, Its not okay tath familes are keep apart, because of the sistem, we have to wait in a loooong line and this is killing me! For real

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Of the 8 cases around me, 1 approval and 1 RFE. The rest are just hanging out. And none of this happened in the last week. I've actually seen no change since I downloaded the app a week ago.

What app???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Lee

Thank you for your post. I have had similar feelings. This whole process was/is incredibly nervewracking on so many level, I also got troubles with my health due to stress and beloved because of not being able to give them any answers. That's why I turned to this forum to find some comfort and to stop feeling as hopeless.

Thankfully my SO has been amazing, but I feel so guilty about breaking down. One good thing about our situation is it truly shows if we found our partner for life. I couldn't imagine going through this process with anyone else. :)

Hang in there, once you'll see your love at the airport I'm sure all the pain will fade away. :)

I did my waiting! 9 months of it.. IN TSC!

NOA2 or the story of the Holy Graal.

What app???

USCIS case tracker app

ROC:

11/14/17 I-751 Package mailed (Vermont)

11/15/17 Package delivered

11/17/17 NOA1 date

11/25/17 NOA1 received in mail

K1 Visa process:

9/11/14 I-129F Packet Received by USCIS
9/15/14 NOA1 (text)
9/16/14 Status Update: Alien Registration # Changed

5/11/15 NOA2 (8:30 pm text, 238 days since NOA1)

6/09/15 Consulate Received (had to call embassy to check)
6/12/15 Packet Received
6/18/15 Packet Completed
(had to call/visit embassy to schedule interview)

7/09/15 Interview Completed- APPROVED!! (after delay for US system errors, and rescheduling/postponing 3 times)

7/16/15 Visa In Hand (told to "come back tomorrow" first two times they said it would be ready)

7/18/15 POE Washington, D.C.

8/1/15 Legally Married
8/13/15 Filed for AOJ (also EAD and Travel)

8/20/15 NOA1 for all 3 filings

9/08/15 Bio Appt

9/26/15 Wedding Ceremony!

10/16/15 EAD and AP Approved

10/23/15 EAD Card Received

11/23/15 AOS Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no interview, no warning- completely unexpected, but so exciting)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.