26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm a postmaster with the u.s. postal service. And we are not a government agency. We are Simi government but receive no tax payer money. What was the tracking number that went along with the green card? We can only keep packages 15 days and then we have to return them. The chances of suing the postal service it pretty slim. Expecially since it has been over a year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm a postmaster with the u.s. postal service. And we are not a government agency. We are Simi government but receive no tax payer money. What was the tracking number that went along with the green card? I would be happy to search the number for you and see when it was delivered. We can only keep packages 15 days and then we have to return them. The chances of suing the postal service it pretty slim. Expecially since it has been over a year.

We filed the I485 about two years ago and we just found out today that it has been approved and green card was delivered October 30th 2013. Time is of an essence because if we got the two year cards from the date it was filed, we have about 11 days to figure everything out and extend it to 10 years so we don't lose all the progress we have made. I'm going to USPS tomorrow to file a complaint because they never delivered the cards to our address which has still not changed since the filing. Supposedly it was priority mail and it was signed for, so if that is the case we are going to have a sue party against USPS and the parties involved in this incident. I just want to clarify that I have been checking the USCIS website using my receipt number for the I485 and even now it says that the case is processing. Maybe the case number is now invalid since they have been long delivered? Either way, we called some lady who was able to check it for us and thats how we found out that it has been delivered a long time ago. Is there any tips on how to deal with this nasty situation? I don't see a way for USPS to get out of this, they get a priority mail from a government agency and get a fake signature on it, don't leave a notice or anything, is this not a felony in some way shape or form? I am in a mixture of extreme joy and rage at the same time, because although approved we might lose it all because some moron messed up the house number with conjunction of another moron at the office not updating the case status.

Edit:

I also want to add that we have not received any information regarding this, so those particular mails were redirected somewhere. Hopefully since it hasn't been a year the USPS office still has these mails in there and the notice was blown off the door by some strong wind, either way, we have not received any 'welcome' mails that I have seen other people post about...

Why would you wait two years to follow up on this? And you want to sue the USPS for negligence?

My wife's 10 year greeencard was delivered to the wrong address as well. But I had been tracking it and called my local post office and they were able to track it down and deliver it the next day. Greencards are not delivered with a signature required so no one needed to sign for it.

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: Other Country: Albania
Timeline

Don't worry about it. Just put a request for late filing in your cover letter with the application. I have filed many of these petitons out of time and have never been denied a request for late filing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Why would you wait two years to follow up on this? And you want to sue the USPS for negligence?

My wife's 10 year greeencard was delivered to the wrong address as well. But I had been tracking it and called my local post office and they were able to track it down and deliver it the next day. Greencards are not delivered with a signature required so no one needed to sign for it.

We did not wait two years to follow up on it, we were never given any information regarding the case. No GC, no NOA2, no email, the USCIS website to this day say awaiting adjucation, and if it were not for assistance from our immigration representative finding this out somehow, we would have still been kept in the dark and I would not have written anything. We are not going to sue anyone unless one of the neighbors took the mail and kept it for themselves, I believe thats a felony? Also, its very irresponsible to send out this kind of mail without requiring a signature or an ID, it's just very sensitive. Our local post master told my wife that he will call us on Monday to let us know exactly what happened with thay delivery. If it was returned, can I still file the I-90 with no fees? I know it has been a while but I don't see a reason why I wouldn't be able to considering I was left no information about it..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You have a year before you have to file ROC.

07/19/12 - Married

Adjustment of Status from F-1 Student Visa: Day 00 - 07/20/12 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

Day 03 - 07/23/12 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in Chicago - signed for by D Colonna

Day 11 - 08/03/12 - Acceptance confirmation texts and emails

Day 14 - 08/06/12 - Checks cleared

Day 18 - 08/10/12 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 08/06/12 for appointment on 08/30/12)

Day 22 - 08/14/12 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office (We were the only ones there!)

Day 25 - 08/17/12 - Received NOAs

Day 36 - 08/28/12 - Notice via text of interview on 10/02/12

Day 38 - 08/30/12 - Received interview notice hard copy

Day 65 - 09/24/12 - Notice via text of I-131 approval

Day 71 - 10/02/12 - Interview

Day 71 - 10/02/12 - Text messages of APPROVAL of I-130 and I-485 - Card in Production

Day 78 - 10/09/12 - Received Welcome Notice

Day 80 - 10/11/12 - Received Conditional Green Card

Removal of Conditions: Day 00 - 07/07/14 - Sent I-751

Day 03 - 07/10/14 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in California

Day 07 - 07/14/14 - Check cleared

Day 07 - 07/14/14 - Received NOA (dated 07/10/14)

Day 14 - 07/21/14 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 07/17/14 for appointment on 08/01/14)

Day 18 - 07/25/14 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office (We were the only ones there...again!)

Day 38 - 08/14/14 - Text message of APPROVAL of 1-751 - Card in Production

Day 43 - 08/19/14 - Notice via text indicating card has been mailed

Day 44 - 08/20/14 - Notice via text with USPS tracking number

Day 46 - 08/22/14 - Received Permanent Green Card

Naturalization: Day 00 - 08/21/15 - Sent N-400

Day 03 - 08/24/15 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in Arizona

Day 07 - 08/28/15 - Check cleared

Day 10 - 08/31/15 - Acceptance confirmation text and email

Day 14 - 09/04/15 - Received NOA (dated 08/28/15)

Day 24 - 09/14/15 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 09/05/15 for appointment on 09/21/15)

Day 28 - 09/18/15 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office

Day 32 - 09/22/15 - Notice via text and email indicating in line for testing and interview

Day 35 - 09/25/15 - Notice via text and email indicating interview is scheduled

Day 41 - 10/01/15 - Received interview appointment notice (dated 09/28/15 for appointment on 11/03/15)
Day 73 - 11/03/15 - Interview

Day 74 - 11/04/15 - Text message of APPROVAL of N-400 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Day 75 - 11/05/15 - Received Oath Ceremony appointment notice (dated 11/04/15 for appointment on 11/17/15)

Day 87 - 11/17/15 - Oath Ceremony - US CITIZEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My greencard was approved on april 2013 and I still have from january to april 2015 to file for roc so you have still plenty of time.

the thing is even if it was the uscis/usps fault is still your responsability to figure out what happened. 2 years??? My AoS process took 8 months and it was driving me nuts.

you need to pay little more $400 for a green card replacement...but before! make an infopass appointment asap

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Did you ever put all your names inside the mailbox? One of the reasons they don't deliver if the name is not on.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

You never bother to check case status online with the receipt number? If the card was on production or ordered and haven't delivered in 30 days, You have to call USCIS. Well you have plenty of time to do ROC like eveyone else said. Goodluck.

Timeline

01/03/2017 N400 Priority Date
01/30/2017 Biometrics
02/01/2017 Case in Line for Interview
08/04/2017 Interview Scheduled. Waiting for mail notice..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

You never bother to check case status online with the receipt number? If the card was on production or ordered and haven't delivered in 30 days, You have to call USCIS. Well you have plenty of time to do ROC like eveyone else said. Goodluck.

Like I said, even right now the case status on the USCIS website, using our receipt numbers still says 'Interview and Processing', and all inquiries about it are met with the same exact answer: '...still awaiting adjucation, please be patient...'

We do not have our names on the mailbox, I think that would be the most likely reason for missed delivery. Shouldn't USPS have left the sticky note on the door that they missed us or something? They do that for any other important mail...

We will schedule an InfoPass meeting as soon as we know what happened to the mail delivery from the Post Master, at least than I have some information instead of just coming in and saying we have never gotten anything, the case status never updated, and we have not gotten a NOA2.

Edited by KAF17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.