26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

We filed the I485 about two years ago and we just found out today that it has been approved and green card was delivered October 30th 2013. Time is of an essence because if we got the two year cards from the date it was filed, we have about 11 days to figure everything out and extend it to 10 years so we don't lose all the progress we have made. I'm going to USPS tomorrow to file a complaint because they never delivered the cards to our address which has still not changed since the filing. Supposedly it was priority mail and it was signed for, so if that is the case we are going to have a sue party against USPS and the parties involved in this incident. I just want to clarify that I have been checking the USCIS website using my receipt number for the I485 and even now it says that the case is processing. Maybe the case number is now invalid since they have been long delivered? Either way, we called some lady who was able to check it for us and thats how we found out that it has been delivered a long time ago. Is there any tips on how to deal with this nasty situation? I don't see a way for USPS to get out of this, they get a priority mail from a government agency and get a fake signature on it, don't leave a notice or anything, is this not a felony in some way shape or form? I am in a mixture of extreme joy and rage at the same time, because although approved we might lose it all because some moron messed up the house number with conjunction of another moron at the office not updating the case status.

Edit:

I also want to add that we have not received any information regarding this, so those particular mails were redirected somewhere. Hopefully since it hasn't been a year the USPS office still has these mails in there and the notice was blown off the door by some strong wind, either way, we have not received any 'welcome' mails that I have seen other people post about...

Edited by KAF17

Oh, I am speechless. You can file for complaint about that. But I have no knowledge whether you have a chance successfully sue federal government agency.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

I wasn't aware that USPS was affiliated with the government... In that case its not possible, but the person that signed for it is a whole different topic, right? Even if it was one of our neighbors, they haven't returned these time sensitive documents for about a year...

Edited by KAF17

Uscis documents don't require signatures. Usps loses mails everyday so there will be no lawsuit considered.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Uscis documents don't require signatures. Usps loses mails everyday so there will be no lawsuit considered.

That is... retarded to say the least. If my documents are expired will they even listen to such an explanation?

How about you make a timeline and/or list in a post all the dates you have starting from marriage. That way we can tell you if you're really in such a time crunch as you think you are.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I wasn't aware that USPS was affiliated with the government... In that case its not possible, but the person that signed for it is a whole different topic, right? Even if it was one of our neighbors, they haven't returned these time sensitive documents for about a year...

I have a friend that her welcome letter after her green card was approved came to her a year later and she got that from her former neighbor. Her address was never changed until she moved to another state recently.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

I would urge you to schedule an infopass ASAP to let USCIS know what's up, they might listen to your story and issue you a i551 stamp. Then file i90 to get a replacement for your card. It is too late to claim for the lost card, no party will take responsibility for sure.

N400

By the way, your card expiration day is the day you got approved, which might be some time in oct 2013, so you still have time for a replacement.

N400

1) USPS IS a Federal agency run by the government

2) USCIS is a Federal agency run by the Federal government.

3) it is YOUR responsibility to make certain all documents are received and are correct during this entire process and it will always be on you to prove you did not receive a letter from the USCIS or that you sent one in.

4) It is stupid that the USCS tells you to send stuff to them with a return receipt, but they do not send out a sensitive piece of ID requiring a signature.

5) You letter carrier can return mail they think is incorrectly addressed at their discretion. BTDT. If your name is not listed on the mailbox is the main reason.

So I would make an INFOpass appointment ASAP to see what is going on. Based on what you say, your LPR status started in October 2013 and you have until the 90 days before it expires in 2015 to file for removal of conditions (ROC) :time: . Unfortunately you will have to pay for a new GC using the I-90 form as you need to send in a copy of the front and back for the ROC.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

I would have to take out the documents from home after work. We have got the first confirmation on June 26, first biometrics was a month later, interview in August and EAD came in in October all in 2012. We have waited since than for the decision, which still to this day we have no clue if the USCIS status website was never updated or we were told false information, but we have never received any notification or mail regarding the case. In October 2013 we have renewed our EAD's and from the lady we learned that the conditional green cards were delivered on October 30, 2013.

We have started asking USCIS about the case every 6 months as advised in the letters about unusually long process, and they have all said that we are still waiting for the decision and be patient. Mind you, we have inquired about the issue in 2014 as well, months after USPS 'delivered' the cards with the same answer. Yesterday we decided to seek the counsel of an immigration representative lady, who told us that the case was long approved. Today, my spouse is going to the postal office to find out what happened to the cards, maybe they have them laying around as it has not been a full year. We are thinking of filling a late I-751 form to remove the conditions. I believe there is a good reason for our being late, as we have never received amy information about the case except that they are still waiting for the decision. This way we can still have a shot at the unconditional permanent residence, and not have to redo the whole process. Any advice on this? Or would it be better to schedule an infopass meeting to file it in person and concurrently explain the situation and seek advice from there?

The trouble time wise is that we have no idea when the green card expires as we have no clue when the decision was made. Anyone has any information regarding this? An estimate perhaps? Is it possible they were issued in 2013? I keep finding information that its sooner, and since we have to renew our EAD for the second time in three weeks I want to be sure.

//Edit

I know it is up to us to keep to the dates, but if there is no information at all regarding the status of the case, and no mail or notification has been received from USPS, how are we supposed to know whether we have been approved or not? I mean all our calls and means to find out anything at all have resulted in an answer similar to 'Case is still awaiting decision, please wait 6 months and if it doesnt change call us again.'? How would I go about proving that our permanent residence cards have not come in? Bear in mind Im applying with my children so there are supposed to be four separate letters that all went missing... I mean my only argument at this point is why would we lie about this, we want our green cards and have gone through all these fees just to not continue the process? Thats illogical and we have absolutely no motive to pretend we have not gotten them.

Edited by KAF17

Timeline

I have just read about it more, if the cards were issued in 2013 we need to file I-90. I've been lead to believe they would have been issued around the date the EAD was approved! Sorry everyone, seems like we are not as pressed as I initially thought, thank you for all of your replies! Next step is to wait until my wife talks to with the employees at the postal office and find out whether they have sent it back or it has been stolen and file the I-90 based on that. Shame if someone has been cleaning out our mail and we have never been informed that the case was approved, it would have been very helpful as my mother passed away last year and we have still been waiting for the cards, at least I would've been able to go to the funeral but at last we are looking at seeing our family again after 11 years in the US...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

We filed the I485 about two years ago and we just found out today that it has been approved and green card was delivered October 30th 2013. Time is of an essence because if we got the two year cards from the date it was filed, we have about 11 days to figure everything out and extend it to 10 years so we don't lose all the progress we have made.

Your card - if was approved in October 2013 - has expiration date of October 2015. So you have almost a year to go for removal of conditions. It certainly does not have a filing date.

Hi,

If the AOS was approved last year, you have a little less than a year before you have to do ROC. Therefore, if you need a replacement card you have to file I-90. As to it being free because of it being lost in the system, I'm not sure how that works. As suggested, if you can make an infopass appt to get a temporary ADIT stamp on your passport. This is valid for work, travel and a GC for all intents and purposes. Did you ever receive an NOA2 for your AOS? If not go in with your NOA1 and they should be able to look it up in the system that it was approved in order to issue you the stamp.

This does not constitute legal advice.

We filed the I485 about two years ago and we just found out today that it has been approved and green card was delivered October 30th 2013. Time is of an essence because if we got the two year cards from the date it was filed, we have about 11 days to figure everything out and extend it to 10 years so we don't lose all the progress we have made. I'm going to USPS tomorrow to file a complaint because they never delivered the cards to our address which has still not changed since the filing. Supposedly it was priority mail and it was signed for, so if that is the case we are going to have a sue party against USPS and the parties involved in this incident. I just want to clarify that I have been checking the USCIS website using my receipt number for the I485 and even now it says that the case is processing. Maybe the case number is now invalid since they have been long delivered? Either way, we called some lady who was able to check it for us and thats how we found out that it has been delivered a long time ago. Is there any tips on how to deal with this nasty situation? I don't see a way for USPS to get out of this, they get a priority mail from a government agency and get a fake signature on it, don't leave a notice or anything, is this not a felony in some way shape or form? I am in a mixture of extreme joy and rage at the same time, because although approved we might lose it all because some moron messed up the house number with conjunction of another moron at the office not updating the case status.

Edit:

I also want to add that we have not received any information regarding this, so those particular mails were redirected somewhere. Hopefully since it hasn't been a year the USPS office still has these mails in there and the notice was blown off the door by some strong wind, either way, we have not received any 'welcome' mails that I have seen other people post about...

No chance in hell of suing the post office. What you can do is request a copy of the signed proof of delivery. Until you see that you really cannot do anything as far as the post office goes. I am quite sure the post office did not falsify any documents as you suggest... My guess is someone in your house, or a neighbor signed for the letter and it got misplaced. No postal conspiracy here.

USPS = United States Postal Service

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.