Iamnursedo

Love has no age limit

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiance and I have large age gap, 40 years to be exact. My interview date is getting near and I'm really nervous bcoz I know it's red flag. They said proof of supporting in our relationship from my family and friends would help. Do you have any forms or copy of that so I can use it as guide?and also give me some tips and advice. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Large age differences is common for Manila. I am not sure they will see it as a red flag there. Provide proof of your genuine relationship.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Letters from them saying that they support the relationship.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiance and I have large age gap, 40 years to be exact. My interview date is getting near and I'm really nervous bcoz I know it's red flag. They said proof of supporting in our relationship from my family and friends would help. Do you have any forms or copy of that so I can use it as guide?and also give me some tips and advice. Thank you.

I have a 20 year age difference and it wasn't an issue at all. Just show a genuine relationship. They might scrutinize your relationship more because of the large age gap, but if everything is in order, I don't think you will have much of a problem.

I attended the interview with my then fiancee (now wife :) ) and the CO mentioned that it was great that I was there supporting her and showing how strong our relationship is. Is it possible for your fiance to attend the interview with you? It will only strengthen your position.

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

I'm just wondering if the petitioner can join the beneficiary during interview.

Yes, and that's a good thing. Some people who had their petitioners with them was asked less questions.

my wife and me have 32 years age difference. We were married in Manila June 3, 2013. She arrived here May 10, 2014 and we are both very happy together. Good Luck!

Yes, attend inerview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm just wondering if the petitioner can join the beneficiary during interview.

I think that depends on which consolate/embassey you go too. At the consolate i went to, he wasn't even allowed in the interview room.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well 40 years is not the record, I know of one that is 47 years. Age gap is very common for the Philippines. If it is making you nervous, have letters from your parents stating they support your marriage to your fiance... nothing fancy, just a nice letter.

Tips: Be confident, self-assured, look the CO in the eyes when speaking and smile... :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

My wife is from the Philippines so she will be going to Manila embassy. I want to be present on her interview I want to be there for her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife is from the Philippines so she will be going to Manila embassy. I want to be present on her interview I want to be there for her.

I'm not sure what the US Embassys rules are in the Philippines. I'm in Canada and had to go to the Montreal US Consolate and my fiance was allowed in the consolate but not in the interveiw room. He tried to come in with me, but the interveiwer said he wasn't allowed and so he had to wait outside the room.

Edited by Rachel1234

I'm not sure what the US Embassys rules are in the Philippines. I'm in Canada and had to go to the Montreal US Consolate and my fiance was allowed in the consolate but not in the interveiw room. He tried to come in with me, but the interveiwer said he wasn't allowed and so he had to wait outside the room.

Yet everyone that is responding in this thread has a PI flag in their profile, so are likely sharing their experiences about their interviews in Manila.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't worry about the age gap, you will be fine. :-) During my interview at US embassy in Manila I met a lady who also had the same schedule as I was, she was so worried bcoz of the age gap, her fiance was like 40 years older than her too, but she got approved. :-)

I am the beneficiary. ?

AOS timeline from K1

08-25-2014 - Mailed i485 packet via USPS

08-27-2014 - Packet delivered and signed by S. Bush

09-10-2014 - Email and txt notification received ???

09-17-2014 - Notice of Action (hard copy) received in mail dated 09/10/2014

09-17-2014 - Case Status changed from Acceptance to Initial Review

09-26-2014 - Biometrics Appointment Letter received and is scheduled on 10/06/2014 ???

10-06-2014 - Biometrics is done successfully. ???

12-01-2014 - I-797C notice (interview appointment letter) received, the uscis letter postmark is the same date

as our interview appointment date 11-25-2014 ??? U N B E L I E V A B L E !!!!

12-08-2014 - Interview appointment re-scheduled on 01-09-2015 ??? RELIEVED AND GRATEFUL

12-12-2014 - Online status changed to "Testing & Interview".

01-09-2015 - Interview Appointment Date ???

01-09-2015 - AOS application APPROVED! Case Status changed to card production and Welcome Notice mailed. ???

01-15-2015 - Welcome Notice received. ???

01-16-2015 - New card was mailed ??????

01-16-2015 - Case status online updated to "card was picked up by the USPS", tracking number received.

01-17-2015 - Received notification from USCIS and USPS that the card has been delivered. But only to find out that it was not delivered in our mailbox.

01-17 to 01-19-2015 - Green Card Missing.

01-20-2015 Green Card received. The carrier found it! ??? and delivered it to us. So relieved and thankful. ???

THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY AND TO ITS MEMBERS! YOU ARE ALL PART OF OUR VISA JOURNEY. ???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You guys make me feel so much better! Our age difference is 30 years - which I thought must be some kind of record. And I've felt terrible about it. Not because it affects our relationship at all, but just in thinking how old I'll be when she's the age I am now.

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

You guys make me feel so much better! Our age difference is 30 years - which I thought must be some kind of record. And I've felt terrible about it. Not because it affects our relationship at all, but just in thinking how old I'll be when she's the age I am now.

Love conquers all. Age gap between my husband and I only 13 years, lol. I did not even know if you and your fiancé actually have age gap 30 years. You are surprised me, really. I don't know how old you are or your fiancé now but I think you are looked young than your age. Just like my husband, :P .

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.