Iamnursedo

Love has no age limit

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Random question.... In most cases the gap difference is the man is 20 + years older than the woman... Any case where any of you American men married a woman 20 + years older than you?

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Love conquers all. Age gap between my husband and I only 13 years, lol. I did not even know if you and your fiancé actually have age gap 30 years. You are surprised me, really. I don't know how old you are or your fiancé now but I think you are looked young than your age. Just like my husband, :P .

Thanks so much GfC! So I guess I better tell my age or everyone might think she's 15 or something! She's 26 and I'll be 56 next month. So it's just about 30 years even.

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Random question.... In most cases the gap difference is the man is 20 + years older than the woman... Any case where any of you American men married a woman 20 + years older than you?

There is more scrutiny when an older woman marries a younger man. It depends on the country too. If it is not the cultural norm to marry an older woman, then it will be more difficult to prove the genuine relationship exists. I am only 8 years older than my husband and had no issues about the age difference at Juarez. I do not know if that would have been the case had I been 20 years+ older.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

There is more scrutiny when an older woman marries a younger man. It depends on the country too. If it is not the cultural norm to marry an older woman, then it will be more difficult to prove the genuine relationship exists. I am only 8 years older than my husband and had no issues about the age difference at Juarez. I do not know if that would have been the case had I been 20 years+ older.

Hi KayDeeCee! Thank you for answering.... My fiance is almost my age, just 2 years older... I was just having a slow day yesterday at work so I started wondering about how common it is for men to marry women who are way younger while I would consider rare finding a 30 year old american man marrying a foreign woman and taking care and providing for her is she was in her 50s.... Probably just a cultural thing

Any way... Best luck to all of us having our interviews this coming week :dance:

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yet everyone that is responding in this thread has a PI flag in their profile, so are likely sharing their experiences about their interviews in Manila.

Maybe so, but I'm new to this site.

Hi KayDeeCee! Thank you for answering.... My fiance is almost my age, just 2 years older... I was just having a slow day yesterday at work so I started wondering about how common it is for men to marry women who are way younger while I would consider rare finding a 30 year old american man marrying a foreign woman and taking care and providing for her is she was in her 50s.... Probably just a cultural thing

Any way... Best luck to all of us having our interviews this coming week :dance:

I'm ten years older than my fiancé and that wasn't even brought up at the interview. I'm a woman.

Timeline

Maybe so, but I'm new to this site.

I'm ten years older than my fiancé and that wasn't even brought up at the interview. I'm a woman.

Cool!!!! Where you guys in the process? If you get a chance please update your timeline, it will be helpful to other members going thru this process in the future.

Regards from Mexico :goofy:

Timeline

Cool!!!! Where you guys in the process? If you get a chance please update your timeline, it will be helpful to other members going thru this process in the future.

Regards from Mexico :goofy:

Me and my fiancé are in a place in the process that most people wouldn't be comfortable in. I was denied at the US consulate Interview because they wanted a document that we didn't have with us. They gave us a paper after the interview saying I was denied until they receive all the documents they ask for. I mailed what they wanted and then they sent a letter back asking for some more documents. So we sent them. Now it's been 33 days since they received the documents and they have not gotten back to us at all.

Edited by Rachel1234

Timeline

Me and my fiancé are in a place in the process that most people wouldn't be comfortable in. I was denied at the US consulate Interview because they wanted a document that we didn't have with us. They gave us a paper after the interview saying I was denied until they receive all the documents they ask for. I mailed what they wanted and then they sent a letter back asking for some more documents. So we sent them. Now it's been 33 days since they received the documents and they have not gotten back to us at all.

:( I am sorry to read this.... I hope to read good news about your case soon. Every day you get closer to becoming his wife. (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

I know you were addressing the men here, SweetOpossum, actually this entire thread has caught my interest especially because of the subject matter. My fiance is 40 years younger than I and the concern is how will we be scrutinized by immigration because of this. As you have mentioned, men are commonly older and may not draw the same attention as a woman who is older, great question btw!

Timeline

I'm pretty sure that the so called "cultural norm" does not apply unless you are trying to marry an underage person, considered underage in the US and without the parents permission. Other than that 40+ 45+ no matter the sex of the person is of no consequence to the embassy or consulate. If you can prove you are in a relationship with the person (it's not more difficult to prove just because one sex is a lot older than the other, it's the same difficulty) , younger or older than you, you will have no problems in concern to age. Legal is what matters.

Edited by Rachel1234

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

I'm pretty sure that the so called "cultural norm" does not apply unless you are trying to marry an underage person, considered underage in the US and without the parents permission. Other than that 40+ 45+ no matter the sex of the person is of no consequence to the embassy or consulate. If you can prove you are in a relationship with the person (it's not more difficult to prove just because one sex is a lot older than the other, it's the same difficulty) , younger or older than you, you will have no problems in concern to age. Legal is what matters.

That's so reassuring to read, most appreciated!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There has been plenty posted about this over the years. You can research it. It is not about anyone being underage. In some countries, like the MENA ones, it is not the cultural norm for a younger man to marry an older woman, especially if she is past her child-bearing years and he has no children yet. Right or wrong, a 27 year old man marrying a 56 year old woman will be more scrutinized than a 27 year old woman with a 56 year old man, If the woman is much older than a younger man, then they should be sure to provide as much proof of a valid relationship as possible. It will depend on the cultures of the country, the specific case details and the CO you get. Some have no problems at the interview because of the age gap, but others have not been that lucky. You should never tell someone they will have no problems. How would you know that?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Love does indeed have no age limit. And neither does marriage fraud. That is why USCIS and the State Department are always vigilant for it, especially with a big age gap.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.