2,664 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone! Need your best advice. I am noticing some date changes on ceac site recently.NOw should i expect to hear something from them soon? I am asking this from you all because i am travelling out of country for a month or two in few days> Should i delay my travel plans or wait?

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

So when we called about the expedited request, this is the response we received - based on that, would you guys recommend just leaving it at this point and waiting OR responding back about what documentation would be needed? I'm not sure if they even looked at our file with the documentation or just based it on the phone call request we made:

The status of this service request is:

We regret to inform you that we cannot grant your request for expedited processing of your case.

Although your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence to support an extreme emergent need, which must meet one of the following criteria:

*Severe financial loss to company or individual;
*Extreme emergent situation;
*Humanitarian situation;
*Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
*U.S. Department of Defense or national interest situation (Note: Request must come from an official U.S. Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government);
*USCIS error; or
*Compelling interest of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are granted at the discretion of the Director.

We hope this information is helpful to you and regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So when we called about the expedited request, this is the response we received - based on that, would you guys recommend just leaving it at this point and waiting OR responding back about what documentation would be needed? I'm not sure if they even looked at our file with the documentation or just based it on the phone call request we made:

The status of this service request is:

We regret to inform you that we cannot grant your request for expedited processing of your case.

Although your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence to support an extreme emergent need, which must meet one of the following criteria:

*Severe financial loss to company or individual;

*Extreme emergent situation;

*Humanitarian situation;

*Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;

*U.S. Department of Defense or national interest situation (Note: Request must come from an official U.S. Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government);

*USCIS error; or

*Compelling interest of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are granted at the discretion of the Director.

We hope this information is helpful to you and regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

Did you provide documentation with the original expedite request? Is there some extreme emergent or humanitarian reason? Otherwise the other things on the list probably do not apply. It's not sounding like they will approve as others said before unless its a life or death situation. If it was me I'd leave it be.

Good morning. What is the next case status I should expect after My Case was Received on the USCIS website. It's for a I 601. Anyone know?

Approval or denial

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

Did you provide documentation with the original expedite request? Is there some extreme emergent or humanitarian reason? Otherwise the other things on the list probably do not apply. It's not sounding like they will approve as others said before unless its a life or death situation. If it was me I'd leave it be.

Approval or denial

We did provide documentation from my doctor, counselor, and parents (one from my father's employer even saying he was taking time off work to be with me). The loss of our baby along with the denial broke me a bit I'm sad to say - I always thought I was strong, but going through both at the same time has been very difficult to go through. In addition, all of the medical bills associated with that along with maintaining two households, etc....I know it's hard on everyone, so I'm not saying that, just been in a very deep depression and not functioning as normal since losing my baby and not having my fiancee with me. When I had called the USCIS following the email to ask if they did review the file when making the determination of approval/denial for the expedited request, he said it depends on the director - so I'm not sure if they would have already looked at the documentation we provided and still thought it wasn't sufficient, or just took what we said on the phone and made the decision based on that.

Timeline

We did provide documentation from my doctor, counselor, and parents (one from my father's employer even saying he was taking time off work to be with me). The loss of our baby along with the denial broke me a bit I'm sad to say - I always thought I was strong, but going through both at the same time has been very difficult to go through. In addition, all of the medical bills associated with that along with maintaining two households, etc....I know it's hard on everyone, so I'm not saying that, just been in a very deep depression and not functioning as normal since losing my baby and not having my fiancee with me. When I had called the USCIS following the email to ask if they did review the file when making the determination of approval/denial for the expedited request, he said it depends on the director - so I'm not sure if they would have already looked at the documentation we provided and still thought it wasn't sufficient, or just took what we said on the phone and made the decision based on that.

I know just how you feel. Most days I just go through the motions, smile in the hallways but crying inside. Everyday it gets harder and harder. We just have to keep the faith and stay as strong as we can.

LionessDeon...thanks!

Ur welcome!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Nebraska Service Center seems to be taking much longer to process I-601 than California SC, which currently says it takes 4 months to process while NSC is still processing July's forms which means about 6 months. I cannot believe how long it takes!!! "just an observation" for those who wonder how long will it take.

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Not sure if anyone has done it before but I think we should all bombard their tweeter account with questions to why they are taking so long to process these forms and what can they do about it!!! I believe everyone paid to get this forms process in a timely manner but 6 or more months is outrageous!!! I don't know but i am quite honestly tired of how long they take to process everything.

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Timeline

I know just how you feel. Most days I just go through the motions, smile in the hallways but crying inside. Everyday it gets harder and harder. We just have to keep the faith and stay as strong as we can.

Ur welcome!

Thank you LionesesDeon - it really is. We should have support groups or tips on coping or something.

Quick question - when I log into USCIS and view my case status, all I can see is the expedited request call - that's it. Will you see updates when they are working on your case? I'm assuming they haven't started reviewing it since nothing else has been updated.

Timeline

No I don't think it updates like the ceac tracker. After it shows received I don't think you see anything else until approval/denial. Mine hasn't changed for 6 mos.

Anyone with a receipt date from July 3 and prior I would contact a congressman. My receipt date in 8/4 and we're already past 6 mos. I don't understand the delay either. I have a feeling these cases just sit without being touched for months. Very frustrating!

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My case was submitted on August 4th 2015 and it has been over 6 months now. I contacted NSC but they just said your processing date is not here yet. Does anyone know what to do in order to get an answer from them? Or only waiting is the solution....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.