2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

How long does it normally take to receive the receipt (case number) once the waiver has been submitted?

Our waiver was received on November 20th and we received the notice in the mail on November 30th - factor a few days due to the Thanksgiving holidays and that may give you a good estimate.

Good luck with getting it soon! Once you have it, you can track it on the USCIS case tracking site.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations! Wow your rest of the process really happened fast. I was approved last month also but currently placed on Administrative Processing when i check ceac site and dates are changing almost everyday. have not got any instruction letter or anything yet. What should i expect?

Thank you! Do you have a lawyer? I also would check the ceac website all the time until my lawyer advised me not to tht it is just for general information? How much that is true I do not know but I can tell you tht the website was very misleading in my case. After we submitted our passport and medical I would check it and one day it said ready for another interview and I was like what the heck the lawyer didn't say anything about that. So long story short if you hv a lawyer consult with them. If you don't I suggest you call and see what's going on.

Thank you! Do you have a lawyer? I also would check the ceac website all the time until my lawyer advised me not to tht it is just for general information? How much that is true I do not know but I can tell you tht the website was very misleading in my case. After we submitted our passport and medical I would check it and one day it said ready for another interview and I was like what the heck the lawyer didn't say anything about that. So long story short if you hv a lawyer consult with them. If you don't I suggest you call and see what's going on.

Welcome and Thanks for you reply!

Yes i have a lawyer and they said to wait it for at least 2 months. it is just my observation on the web that everyone goes into AP after submitting required docs in instruction letter which i have not gotten yet and here i am already placed in AP. I dont know what to make/think of this. Anyways thank you for your input

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome and Thanks for you reply!

Yes i have a lawyer and they said to wait it for at least 2 months. it is just my observation on the web that everyone goes into AP after submitting required docs in instruction letter which i have not gotten yet and here i am already placed in AP. I dont know what to make/think of this. Anyways thank you for your input

You have no timeline completed or a country listed in your profile. What embassy?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

05/15/15

Congrats on your visa!! I saw you had your interview on 5/15/15 same day as us in ciudad Juarez! ? I saw you needed to send your medical exam and passport but did you need to redo them or did you just send your original medical exam??

July 1, 2013---------------I-130 Petition received USCIS

January 1, 2014-----------I-130 Approved

March 7,2014--------------AOS processing fee paid

April 15, 2014---------------IV fee paid

September 16, 2014--------NVC receives documents for visa interview

December 1, 2014----------Receive checklist cover letter

January 22, 2015------------NVC receives missing information

March 18, 2015--------------All required documentation received by NVC for interview

March 26, 2015--------------NVC informs us of interview date scheduled

May 13, 2015-----------------Biometrics appointment at 1pm

May 14, 2015-----------------Physical Exam

May 15, 2015-----------------Interview date at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico----Visa denied because of overstay

July 8, 2015-------------------Wavier I-601 received by USCIS at Nebraska Service Center

****Waiting for a positive response**** :)

That explains the AP.

i know but like i wrote previously, everyone goes into AP after submitting more required docs written in instruction letter. I was never given an instruction letter and yet i am placed in AP. Very strange or perhaps a new method now

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Waiver filled date june 18th 2015......Approved on January 20th 2016....received the approval letter from USCIS on 3 Feb ....still waiting for the instruction letter. I emailed Embassy they told me to wait they are processing my file and they can Email me the instruction letter when its ready....than i can do my medical.

Timeline

Forgot one more thing ....on ceac website they update my case with the new date Feb 8th 2016. I think i will receive my instruction letter.

Waiver filled date june 18th 2015......Approved on January 20th 2016....received the approval letter from USCIS on 3 Feb ....still waiting for the instruction letter. I emailed Embassy they told me to wait they are processing my file and they can Email me the instruction letter when its ready....than i can do my medical.

yes thats exactly what i am waiting for too

Forgot one more thing ....on ceac website they update my case with the new date Feb 8th 2016. I think i will receive my instruction letter.

mine has updated 8,9,10 so far and no sign of instruction letter yet! it is send by the email address provided right?

Timeline

yes thats exactly what i am waiting for too

mine has updated 8,9,10 so far and no sign of instruction letter yet! it is send by the email address provided right?

Yes.....In my country India, letters are not reliable ...So the US embassy always send email to the applicant.

Yes.....In my country India, letters are not reliable ...So the US embassy always send email to the applicant.

that's good to know. i don't trust much any mailing systems unless its courier mail. hopefully soon for u and not sure why my ceac is changing dates so much without any instruction letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.