2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What does it really mean? I am confused with this processing time charts. So does it mean they processed applications from July 3 on November or that they are processing it on December? so since we are in January does that mean they should be processing August's applications?

sorry but I am so very confused and frustrated at how long uscis are taking to process this applications.

It means that on November 30th, they were processing July 3rd submissions... which means they were just short of 5 months behind on November 30th. That's about usual for the last few updates.

So, if the same is still holding true, that would mean they should be expected to be processing submissions made around the middle of August right now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

Thanks, that's what i was thinking.

It means that on November 30th, they were processing July 3rd submissions... which means they were just short of 5 months behind on November 30th. That's about usual for the last few updates.

So, if the same is still holding true, that would mean they should be expected to be processing submissions made around the middle of August right now.

Jan 24, 17 Visa Issued/printed
Jan 17, 17. Second Interview at US Embassy
MTR Granted and Terminated: Oct. 31, 2016.
MTR filed: Sep, 2016

I-601

May, 2016 Denied on base that I need to file form I-212 instead.

October 5, 2015, we received your Form I-601.

NVC Processing I-130

June 2, 2015 Interview at US embassy in Panama, visa was not issue have to file I-601.

May 12, 2015 US embassy receives visa petition and sent instructions

May 4, 2015, NVC Completed pre-processing of visa petition.

April 24, 2015, NVC received case.

I-130

November 24, 2014, case sent to the Department of State for visa processing.

11/19/2014 approved Form I-130.

04/24/2014 received Form I-130

Filed: Timeline

My fiance and I are finishing getting everything together for our waiver. I have very little help with this one as it's a fiance visa for a criminal waiver. Everything I've seen still with researching is married couples with things other than a simple criminal charge from years ago. This is probably the most frustrating for us, to say the least. He sent me all of his things for the waiver and it should be here in the next couple of days. I'll be putting the rest together with my information regarding hardship and sending it out with the money order. I know how to organize it and I know some of the things he can show for rehabilitation, however we weren't able to get much as his crime is so old. They destroyed all records and reports 9 years ago so we have nothing to state what the actual circumstances of the crime involved. I'm hoping the fact there is nothing to show is a good sign for us, proving it has been such a large amount of time with no repeat offenses. I'm so stressed about putting this together right, simply because I haven't found anyone else with a case even similar to ours. Some happy thoughts our way would be amazing. We are taking this next step expecting it to be a long process. I basically told him if we get any updates this year, I would be pleasantly surprised. Hoping we won't have to appeal or anything, but I know how difficult this all can be. Any simple advice or help for our specific information would be awesome!

We were refused for criminal history with a K-1 Visa... That is the only thing. They did not specify which crime, as there was one from 1999 and one from 2001. By the time they get to our case, the 15 year mark should have been hit, meaning that is something they will look into as well. I'm hoping this will help tremendously as there is very little information we can provide other than statements about the crime and proof of fines paid.

I am pretty much in the EXACT same position for you. I am filing for a fiance visa and they denied him at the interview and said to get a waiver. The crimes are old and have little evidence, we actually had no records for one and all were petty with no jail time. I hired a lawyer (who was pretty decently priced) to help move it along just because with the criminal aspect I wanted to make sure we covered everything we possibly could. As for rehabilitation, we just provided letters from his job, and a few friends (that happen to have respected job titles). I'm also nervous for the verdict but mine should be literally right around the corner since they updated it to July 3rd and mine is July 6th so I will let you know what happens with mine when I hear back. We focused mostly on why I can't move to him and based it off of that. Good luck!

6-16-2014: Sent I-129

6-26-2014: Received return receipt that it had arrived

6-30-2014: Received receipt form I-797C

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello,good day to you all. I was happy when i ran into this site and realized i was not alone.I am a sick woman in need of urgent surgery,which cannot be done without my husband here,i dont have the help and i cant stay home alone after surgery and if i dont work am on the street. My husband have two simple crimes 25 and 23 years ago and was denied his visa Nov 2014.I came home and got a Lawyer to help with the waiver,they had that thing for 6 months before they send it in,even though they saw the seriousness of my case and what the doctors are saying.It was rec July 29,15.But what i am seeing on here is not a lot of i601 for crime been approved or mentioned.I mostly see for overstay.what you guys thing.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello again guys like I had mentioned we are July 6 for an overstay and I checked the website today and we were approved!! Good luck to all of us! I will keep y'all posted on what's next on this long journey.

May 4th and still waiting , the National Visa Center does not show a processing time for I601 , does anyone have any update on how much longer we would have to wait

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

May 4th and still waiting , the National Visa Center does not show a processing time for I601 , does anyone have any update on how much longer we would have to wait

What country our u migrating from? A suggestion is call USCIS I know 601 waivers from Mexico take 6-8 months anywhere else can take up to a year is what my lawyer informed me.

Hello again guys like I had mentioned we are July 6 for an overstay and I checked the website today and we were approved!! Good luck to all of us! I will keep y'all posted on what's next on this long journey.

Congrats, I have the same date so crossing my fingers I am next!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats, I have the same date so crossing my fingers I am next!

I heard criminal waivers take longer than simple overstay waivers because they're more complex. I don't get that.

Our lawyer told us 4-5 months not a year. But right after that processing slowed down

I heard criminal waivers take longer than simple overstay waivers because they're more complex. I don't get that.

Our lawyer told us 4-5 months not a year. But right after that processing slowed down

Yes, I have heard the same thing but they still should be starting it the same time as the others that have the date, so once they start it, at least I know it's being worked on so still have my hopes up

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I called uscis for my i601 waiver my filled date is june18 and i didnt hear anything yet so they filled a report for me to the nebraska center and they told me to wait 30 to 60 days for the decesion of my waiver.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.