2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Began process at end of 2012. In the beginning we had a terrible attorney who kept making simple errors. We switched attorneys after the approval of our I-130 (that was on 11/29/2013). Shortly thereafter we submitted our I-601A, and received a letter stating it had been accepted on 11/14/2014. On 02/20/2015 (about 3 months later) we was advised the wavier had been approved. On 08/19/2015 (about 6 months after) we heard from NVC that we are waiting for the interview to be scheduled. I read that it is best to keep calling to ask when interview will be scheduled as the updates on the website take weeks to appear. I was notified over the phone on 09/10/2015 that the interview with the US Consulate was scheduled for 10/16/2015; this did not appear on website until a week or so after my phone call.

We recently traveled to Juarez, my husband was denied entry back into the USA because of a DUI he received in 2009, and because he stated honestly during his interview that sometimes he would have an occasional beer or two and would drive home from a restaurant. The US Consular claimed he was a threat to US Citizens (bogus). He has been given a 1 year bar, and told to submit a new wavier. We are working with our attorney to see if the case can be reviewed through legalnet as the DUI was a first offense and is over 5 years old (was advised if charge was older than 5 years this is not a reason for inadmissibility). My husband has had no other issues with the law since his DUI, had steady employment with the same employer for years, and was an asset to his community. I really do not agree with or understand the Consular's decision. Word to the wise if you are asked during your interview about drinking and driving it would be best to say you do not do that. The Consulate took my husband's statement and ran with it...making it something bigger than it truly is...so be careful :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone, today the requested RFE from us. Hopefully it's nothing big and something we can quickly provide them to get an approval. Fingers crossed.

Yes sending good vibes! What is ur receipt date?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm June 19th and on Monday got RFE. Saw 2 cases right ahead of me being approved yesterday with previous RFE's

Hello my husband is June 25 .... i was wondering whats RFE's ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

snapback.png

Hello my husband is June 25 .... i was wondering whats RFE's ?

you received the e-mail notice or letter from USCIS, you already conferred on the site moved the status of the case, ask why the date of receipt of my e junio 5 and I do not get anything fron uscis yet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Request for evidence. Means they need more information or documents to make a decision

Thank you

snapback.png

I have not received nothing ....yet ?

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

So I got my RFE. Turns out they are asking for our marriage certificate. Our lawyer says it's a super good news because our hardship is enough if that's what the officer needs to make a decision.

We are sending it today or tomorrow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.