2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! When u mean police record is it for Mexico police record? Our the USA police record?

Hello Mirelli23, even though I am a Mexican Citizen, my case was processed in Canada, since it's where I'm currently residing. When I left the US I moved directly to Canada to study, so they requested that I submit a New Canadian Police Certificate since the one I submitted at the interview expired in August. I received my passport with the Visa and the sealed packet on Friday, October 30, 2015.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can someone post the link of the FB group thanks :)

Just type "601A Waiver" in the FB search bar. The group will come up and you can send them a friend request.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Today is the day, my status on the CEAC finally changed to "Issued." It has been 4 looooong years since I last saw my family. There are some new family members that I haven't even met yet. I have attached my complete time line below to give an idea to those still waiting:

1. August 10, 2013 - Married (Finally!!!)

2. November 14, 2013 - I-130 Received at NVC

3. May 12, 2014 - I-130 Approved

4. June-August 2014 - Submitted DS-260, Affidavit of Support, etc.

5. January 3, 2015 - Received Appointment Letter

6. Feb. 18, 2015 - Attended Interview, Denied

7. March 12, 2015 - Filed I-601

8. August 12, 2015 - Contacted Senator

9. Sept. 3, 2015 - I-601 Approved

10. Sept. 21, 2015 - Instruction Letter Received

11. October 6, 2015 - New Medical, Police Clearance, and Passport Received at Consulate

12. October 27, 2015 - CEAC Status Updated to "Ready"

13. October 28, 2015 - CEAC Status Updated to "Issued"

The status read "Refused" up until the day before yesterday, October 26, 2015. There were date changes when I contacted the consulate and when I sent my documents, that's it. It took one day to be updated from "Ready" to "Issued."

This has been one of the longest and toughest legal processes I have ever experienced, but it looks like it's finally over. To those that are still waiting, keep your head up, giving up in this is not an option. :)

Congrats on the approval. I was requested to file I601 waiver in error it took over a month to convince them it was a mistake. As of last week they did admit it was a mistake and they will reverse the decision but until now my visa still shows refused, even thou today they did update the date without any emails or calls. Glad I came across your post it's giving me hope that I will see visa issued soon.

Filed: Other Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi everyone I receive news about my case today apparently got transferred to another service center, but it does not say where :(, I wonder how long more I have to wait, did this happen to anyone my case was at the VSC.

Filed: Other Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi everyone I receive news about my case today apparently got transferred to another service center, but it does not say where :(, I wonder how long more I have to wait, did this happen to anyone my case was at the VSC. what does this mean anyone???

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number:xxxxxxx

Application Type: I601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On November 6, 2015, we transferred your Form I601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility, Receipt Number xxxxxxxx to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by December 6, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

Edited by redpeony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.