2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We had our interview at the Consulate today. As it turns out, the Consulate wrongfully denied my wife her immigrant visa. She did not need a waiver!!!!!!! They issued us the visa and now she is good to go. So, after 2 years, $$$ for an attorney, $$$ for the initial forms, $$$ for the waiver.....they still made us pay the $325 today for the visa (even though we paid that at her first interview when they wrongfully denied her!). We head to the States on Monday. I am just glad this nightmare is over with and we can get on with our lives.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We had our interview at the Consulate today. As it turns out, the Consulate wrongfully denied my wife her immigrant visa. She did not need a waiver!!!!!!! They issued us the visa and now she is good to go. So, after 2 years, $$$ for an attorney, $$$ for the initial forms, $$$ for the waiver.....they still made us pay the $325 today for the visa (even though we paid that at her first interview when they wrongfully denied her!). We head to the States on Monday. I am just glad this nightmare is over with and we can get on with our lives.

All that for nothing! So wrong on many levels!! I'm happy for you that it is all finally over with and you can be together! Congratulations!

wow. was the waiver for overstay only or something else?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Today is the day, my status on the CEAC finally changed to "Issued." It has been 4 looooong years since I last saw my family. There are some new family members that I haven't even met yet. I have attached my complete time line below to give an idea to those still waiting:

1. August 10, 2013 - Married (Finally!!!)

2. November 14, 2013 - I-130 Received at NVC

3. May 12, 2014 - I-130 Approved

4. June-August 2014 - Submitted DS-260, Affidavit of Support, etc.

5. January 3, 2015 - Received Appointment Letter

6. Feb. 18, 2015 - Attended Interview, Denied

7. March 12, 2015 - Filed I-601

8. August 12, 2015 - Contacted Senator

9. Sept. 3, 2015 - I-601 Approved

10. Sept. 21, 2015 - Instruction Letter Received

11. October 6, 2015 - New Medical, Police Clearance, and Passport Received at Consulate

12. October 27, 2015 - CEAC Status Updated to "Ready"

13. October 28, 2015 - CEAC Status Updated to "Issued"

The status read "Refused" up until the day before yesterday, October 26, 2015. There were date changes when I contacted the consulate and when I sent my documents, that's it. It took one day to be updated from "Ready" to "Issued."

This has been one of the longest and toughest legal processes I have ever experienced, but it looks like it's finally over. To those that are still waiting, keep your head up, giving up in this is not an option. :)

Thanks what is the fb group? May i to know why is your waiver? Mine is cuz they think i commit a mistepresation!

i saw a few from March in a fb group.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am a part of 2 Facebook groups:

- The I-601 Waiver Journey

- Let's get together, lets go back home I-601 waiver

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Timeline

Anyone waiting on an I-601 approval from middle of June 2015? Charge was simple misrepresentation of information at the interview. My husband's record is, and always has been, 100% clean. It is at the Nebraska Service Center. We also had an approved I-601A prior to him leaving for Juarez for the interview.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm June 19th and waiting.

Anyone waiting on an I-601 approval from middle of June 2015? Charge was simple misrepresentation of information at the interview. My husband's record is, and always has been, 100% clean. It is at the Nebraska Service Center. We also had an approved I-601A prior to him leaving for Juarez for the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys... I have something new and different!

My solo I-212 was accepted and...

If I look for the receipt number, they show information by the site (I heard a lot about many people that you never get this by the site, just calling there), so...

If someone else is waiting a lone / solo I-212...

Look for it! ;)

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Today is the day, my status on the CEAC finally changed to "Issued." It has been 4 looooong years since I last saw my family. There are some new family members that I haven't even met yet. I have attached my complete time line below to give an idea to those still waiting:

1. August 10, 2013 - Married (Finally!!!)

2. November 14, 2013 - I-130 Received at NVC

3. May 12, 2014 - I-130 Approved

4. June-August 2014 - Submitted DS-260, Affidavit of Support, etc.

5. January 3, 2015 - Received Appointment Letter

6. Feb. 18, 2015 - Attended Interview, Denied

7. March 12, 2015 - Filed I-601

8. August 12, 2015 - Contacted Senator

9. Sept. 3, 2015 - I-601 Approved

10. Sept. 21, 2015 - Instruction Letter Received

11. October 6, 2015 - New Medical, Police Clearance, and Passport Received at Consulate

12. October 27, 2015 - CEAC Status Updated to "Ready"

13. October 28, 2015 - CEAC Status Updated to "Issued"

The status read "Refused" up until the day before yesterday, October 26, 2015. There were date changes when I contacted the consulate and when I sent my documents, that's it. It took one day to be updated from "Ready" to "Issued."

This has been one of the longest and toughest legal processes I have ever experienced, but it looks like it's finally over. To those that are still waiting, keep your head up, giving up in this is not an option. :)

Congratulations! When u mean police record is it for Mexico police record? Our the USA police record?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.