2,664 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, holaguide said:

I've seen Apr17 approved in the FB group so I think it's really depends on each individual case.

My case marked it exactly 15 months

Yes..mine was approved 1 day to 15 months..so check your ds260 if it needs update and ask your family to check mailbox if any letter of approval arrive 

16 hours ago, holaguide said:

After my interview had been denied and went through a waiver for I-601 with received date on 10Mar17. If the Embassy contact me today and request for an update Medical record and some other documents, is this mean my waiver got approved and being sent to the embassy already?

Congrats, it is most definitely a yes that your I-601 has been approved. Your family member here in the U.S should have received your approval letter by now or shortly in the mail if you used their address as your primary contact address.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 6:27 PM, Franco007 said:

You can also get country situation reports from U.S Dept. of state website and the U.S Embassy website of the country where your spouse is living in.... Those are where i got most of my print outs for my case because they have already been authenticated by the U.S government.

I'm  new here, can anyone tell me how 601 and 212 goes in Nigeria. Just hired a lawyer and my spouse is about to file for l-130, 212 and 601 after my 10 years bar expire this week. How fast is 601 processing in Lagos? Thanks

Edited by lasunkanmi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
44 minutes ago, lasunkanmi said:

I'm  new here, can anyone tell me how 601 and 212 goes in Nigeria. Just hired a lawyer and my spouse is about to file for l-130, 212 and 601 after my 10 years bar expire this week. How fast is 601 processing in Lagos? Thanks

You will file after you have been told you can when you are denied at your spousal interview.  Expect it to add about a year to the process if you are eligible for a waiver. 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

1 hour ago, NigeriaorBust said:

You will file after you have been told you can when you are denied at your spousal interview.  Expect it to add about a year to the process if you are eligible for a waiver. 

Yeah I know, I ve done d processing b4, denied few years ago, applied during the10 years bar. Yeah I'm qualified for d waiver, just wanna know how it takes for d waiver to b approved I Lagos bcos I heard it varies, depending on case and the log of d country. In 2012, when I applied for 601, I got d reply within 6months.  

4 hours ago, lasunkanmi said:

Yeah I know, I ve done d processing b4, denied few years ago, applied during the10 years bar. Yeah I'm qualified for d waiver, just wanna know how it takes for d waiver to b approved I Lagos bcos I heard it varies, depending on case and the log of d country. In 2012, when I applied for 601, I got d reply within 6months.  

So what happened after you got the I-601 approved back in 2012, you should have gotten your visa after that.

Edited by Franco007

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On june 24th it has been 14months exactly for the 601 and still nothing. the 212 is another 10 more days before it hits the 14month mark. Its so cruel and unfair to be punished like this due to a stupid CBP officer who bullied my wife into making a false statement.

The Nebraska service center is just horrible to delay with. When I call as the husband, us citizen and petitioner, the person who filled out the apps they refuse to relay any information at all due to their BS privacy policy.

We have lost 3years trying to get all this paperworks approved and like so many others are unfortunate to have to deal with this democratic BS.

you are treated like a foreigner and not a citizen with nor respect or care on how difficult it is to be in this situation.

With our president only making matters worse. But what I really can not understand is why they raise the app fees for $500 to $1000 per app and making the process longer and more difficult.

I think  the best solution at this point is move to another country where citizens are treated with respect and not just a number!

Edited by snurok

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Usually 601 plus 212's are filed together and adjuducated together.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, snurok said:

On june 24th it has been 14months exactly for the 601 and still nothing. the 212 is another 10 more days before it hits the 14month mark. Its so cruel and unfair to be punished like this due to a stupid CBP officer who bullied my wife into making a false statement.

The Nebraska service center is just horrible to delay with. When I call as the husband, us citizen and petitioner, the person who filled out the apps they refuse to relay any information at all due to their BS privacy policy.

We have lost 3years trying to get all this paperworks approved and like so many others are unfortunate to have to deal with this democratic BS.

you are treated like a foreigner and not a citizen with nor respect or care on how difficult it is to be in this situation.

With our president only making matters worse. But what I really can not understand is why they raise the app fees for $500 to $1000 per app and making the process longer and more difficult.

I think  the best solution at this point is move to another country where citizens are treated with respect and not just a number!

OMG, i’m in the same situation as you. I don’t understand why i60a  takes 4-6 months and i212 and i601 takes 14 months when they now our partners are out of country. Shouldn’t it be the opposite. I think they do all this, for the process to take longer so people can gove up and leave the country. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm still waiting for an interview in Juarez but I already know that my husband will be denied because he needs to file 2 waivers I601 and 212.  My question is if he was banned for 10 years and he has been out of the country for almost 18 years does it still take this 14-18 months to get a waiver approval or denial?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How long he has gone has no impact on timelines.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You know guys this make me really frosted 14 months and you didn't hear from USCIS plus they don't give you any information on the phone

So what should we do ?

We can't do nothing lawyers can't do nothing 

Then who can ?? There must be some way this i601 cost me 1000 USD  and another 500 to lawyer 

Any ideas ?? 

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Vazquez520 said:

I'm still waiting for an interview in Juarez but I already know that my husband will be denied because he needs to file 2 waivers I601 and 212.  My question is if he was banned for 10 years and he has been out of the country for almost 18 years does it still take this 14-18 months to get a waiver approval or denial?

If he has been out of the country longer than the ban then I don know why you would need to file the waivers, and there are no exceptions for the waiting period unless its a medical necessity or the other few conditions defined by them on their website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.