HeLiedToMe

He Says He Never Loved Me - Is It Fraud?

66 posts in this topic

But wait, if he just wanted a GC , why didn't he just marry the other girl and AOS with her? (sorry if I missed anything from the post)

Either way he's a complete a**hole. I feel sorry for you, OP. I don't think you have a case for fraud though.

Most of it is anecdotal and it's not a cut-and-dry running away from marriage a week after getting GC kind of situation.

But wait, if he just wanted a GC , why didn't he just marry the other girl and AOS with her? (sorry if I missed anything from the post)

Either way he's a complete a**hole. I feel sorry for you, OP. I don't think you have a case for fraud though.

Most of it is anecdotal and it's not a cut-and-dry running away from marriage a week after getting GC kind of situation.

My guess is that the other girl is not a USC.

OP: The guy may have felt pity for you, but he did not love you, he did not go into the marriage planning to spend a life with you, or have a real relationship with you. He avoided you at all costs, and made up lies about being a light sleeper and whatnot. Why did he want to be in this marriage? To get a greencard. That is fraud - it is not a real relationship. Can you think of anything else he got out of the marriage? Same question (rhetorical) to all. If all anyone can come up with is the GC, then you have your answer.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

OP things will get better in your life, God always sends an angel,

I do believe he is a cheater, living somewhat a double life (U can

know about her but he begs U not to make yourself known to her)

this marriage is over , you must get out there meet new ppl, file for

a divorce, and move on.....I would however encourage U to give

all your evidences to USCIS by making an infopass & reporting it,

because he did use U to gain immigration benefits...Its all a ploy

about leaving to go home, he's ready for U to get out of his life and

allow him to be with that woman, he did not marryh er because maybe

she could not help him...But move on my dear there's someone out there

who will love & cherish U, he was smart , honestly it seem more like

its a failed marriage, so report move on,,,leave it alone...best wises

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My guess is that the other girl is not a USC.

OP: The guy may have felt pity for you, but he did not love you, he did not go into the marriage planning to spend a life with you, or have a real relationship with you. He avoided you at all costs, and made up lies about being a light sleeper and whatnot. Why did he want to be in this marriage? To get a greencard. That is fraud - it is not a real relationship. Can you think of anything else he got out of the marriage? Same question (rhetorical) to all. If all anyone can come up with is the GC, then you have your answer.

I am assuming that the reason the OP posted on VJ is that she is looking for Fraud in the Immigration sense, his GC would be taken away and he could possibly be deported.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

i lived few years in Egypt with my respect to all Egyptian men, they can easily marry and lie just to get the green card ,it' s happened to a lot you are not the only and the first person who got used, make info pass, report a fraud , and let them deport him when his green card expire ,he just lie when he keep telling he will go back to his home country , he will stay in USA, so makes it very difficult to him by reporting the fraud to USCIS with all the proofs you have

i'm sorry for you

Hugs. I was cheated on by a long-term live-in bf years ago, and it hurt like hell. Your husband sounds like a classic jerk. If his GC is from AOS, divorce him and let him sort out his own ROC. I doubt he'll know how, or even stay on top of it. Then he'll go to Egypt to visit, return with an expired GC, and be denied re-entry. Karma cake. x

Edited by John and Camie

THE JOHN (UK) AND CAMIE (US) SHOW

K-1

[*]I-129F Sent : 2009-02-19 [*]I-129F NOA1: 2009-02-23 [*]I-129F NOA2: 2009-03-23 [*]John's Medical: 2009-05-11 [*]John's INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!: 2009-06-08 [*]VISA ARRIVES!!: 2009-06-12 [*]Camie Goes to England : 2009-06-18 [*]Our POE : 2009-06-24 [*]Got married and went to Jack-in-the-Box : 2009-07-07

AOS

[*]AOS Package Sent: 2010-02-13 [*]AOS Package Delivered (per USPS): 2010-02-15 [*]USCIS Email Confirmation (WOO HOO!!): 2010-02-23 [*]AOS Fee Check Cashed: 2010-02-23 [*]USCIS Status Check Available Online: 2010-02-24 [*]I-485 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]I-765 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]Biometrics: 2010-03-18 (letter received 2010-03-08) [*]EAD CARD RECEIVED: 2010-05-06 [*]INTERVIEW: 2010-05-21 - APPROVED [*]RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 2010-06-17 - Lakers FTW, then off to Disneyland to celebrate!

ROC

[*]I-751 Package Sent: 2012-05-18 [*]I-751 Package Delivered (per USPS): 2012-05-19 [*]CSC Fee Check Cashed: 2012-06-06
[*]I-751 NOA1: 2012-06-07 (dated 2012-05-21)
[*]Biometrics: 2012-07-16 (letter received 2012-06-25) [*]RFE: 2013-01-18 (responded on 2013-04-08)
[*]I-751 APPROVED: 2013-04-25 (dated 2013-04-19)

[*]10-Year GC Received: 2013-06-17

Christopher Midian Chance - 7lbs., 5oz., born 11-19-14 :wub:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Why did he want to be in this marriage? To get a greencard. That is fraud - it is not a real relationship. Can you think of anything else he got out of the marriage? Same question (rhetorical) to all.

I was always bad at ignoring rhetorical questions.

To be honest, I've heard variations on what he said to OP from a lot of people who've gotten divorced; one person says that they felt they had to marry the other for [reason]-I've heard "because you were here/we were living together/I didn't think I had a choice" over many divorces (including my own charming first husband, who pulled a variation of "I never loved you/you were here/I thought I had to").

It seems to be an unfortunately common expression when folks are at the divorcing stage, regardless of citizenship.

May all of you who find that one hard to believe never get divorced. :-)

I was always bad at ignoring rhetorical questions.

To be honest, I've heard variations on what he said to OP from a lot of people who've gotten divorced; one person says that they felt they had to marry the other for [reason]-I've heard "because you were here/we were living together/I didn't think I had a choice" over many divorces (including my own charming first husband, who pulled a variation of "I never loved you/you were here/I thought I had to").

It seems to be an unfortunately common expression when folks are at the divorcing stage, regardless of citizenship.

May all of you who find that one hard to believe never get divorced. :-)

Perhaps, but did that person sleep on the sofa and avoid intimacy with you except for a handful of times? Did that person, despite their reservations, hurry up and get the paperwork filed for a GC, even though the person had OPT and was able to work?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is there factually to prove fraud.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Perhaps, but did that person sleep on the sofa and avoid intimacy with you except for a handful of times? Did that person, despite their reservations, hurry up and get the paperwork filed for a GC, even though the person had OPT and was able to work?

I know two couples who had very similar breakdowns in their marriage, over two or three years. They were all Americans. One even consented to IVF treatment, even though he didn't want sex with his spouse, because babies fix everything.

Sadly, except for the green card, the content described is accurate for many people; it's just not strong enough proof of fraud. (For me-obviously I'm not the one who matters in making that decision!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I disagree with previous posters.

If it was fraud then why would he say he wants to go back to his own country?

Being a bad husband doesn't make it fraud.

Possibly being a cheat doesn't make it fraud.

It only proves he's a jerk.

If the marriage is over then let him go back to his own country and both of you can move on.

I think its just a bluff when he says this just to get away from his wife. To make her think he doesnt want to be here. Why spend 5000 on a lawyer if he didnt want to be here? If he has 5000 just to throw away, I'll be first in line. I dont think he has any plans on going back cause hes already hooked up with a gal. Condoms, cards, pics - ITS SOOOOO OBVIOUS

This man has more excuses than a bunch of grapes on a vine.

As for your situation with a low paying job - DONT LET THAT BE YOUR EXCUSE. If you dont act now on the advice that people are giving you then you will continue to live in this nightmare. Healing and advancing starts within YOU. Ok so he screwed you over, it happens. What you do with this situation can determine your future. Be strong, get even and never look back. I really feel sorry that you got in this mess and I know that being alone was not planned, but if you dont stop the lies and excuses then you will walk a lonely path.

Report him, take all the evidence that you can to ICE. Its very obvious that hes been lying to you for quite some time. Start looking for better jobs, seek some therapy, go to support groups. You dont need to live like this. Sometimes doing a geographic move can open doors of opportunity. First find yourself before finding love in someone else.

Now if it were me I would have left a long time ago cause aint no man worth the headaches. Stand up and put your big girl panties on and let him regret the day he said all those mean things to you. Joining this forum was just the start of your journey. Advice here is free from many EXPERIENCED members. Nothing is impossible if you truly believe without a doubt. Just wish that all that he has put you thru that someone does it 10 times as much to him (thats what I did to my ex lol and he sees just what I meant)

I wish you nothing but happiness and a piece of mind. I hope that you find it within yourself to walk away from this 10 times a better woman. Remember there are others in this forum that have the experience and knowledge and are willing to share with you.

Good luck !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OP should make her report then move on, yes you will be hurt and yes you will be angry, but why care what happens to the jerk. File for divorce and move on with your life. Who cares if he stays in the U.S.or not?

I see this all the time, petitioner screams fraud and wants to send the beneficiary back to their country like a damaged package they purchased and are not happy with the merchandise.

As much as the petioner who has been hurt and burned and wants to claim fraud, and would like the beneficiary deported, that should be the last thing on your mind. Getting far away from them and moving on with your life should be most important thing on your mind.

I am truly sorry this happen to you. Move on with your life and get rid of this user!!!

I am the petitioner

I- 129f packet sent Jan 11 2014

Noa 1 Jan 15 2014

Alien registration number changed Jan 16 2014

NOA 2 June 16 2014 email and text

USCIS shipped petition to NVC June 19 2014 (Website update)

NOA 2 June 20 2014 Hard Copy Received

NVC case number received (via phone) July 1 2014

NVC forward petition to the embassy July 3 2014

consulate received petition July 8 2014

consulate received hard copy of petition(CEAC website update) July 15 2014

passed medical (took one day fiancee got there at 4:00am finished at 4:30pm) July 22 2014

CFO completed certificate issued (fiancee said people were very nice process very easy) July 30th 2014!!

Interview date scheduled for September 10th 2014!!

Interview approved!!!

Visa issued!! CEAC website September 16 2014!!

Visa received on September 18 2014 yeah!!!

POE September 21 2014!!! Yeeees!!! What a journey!!!!

Wedding day!! October 16 2014!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I would report it and also not go to the removal of conditions interview etc, if ONLY because you are on the hook for the I-864 support as long as he has a green card. Plus, it would really upset me to be used for a green card.

Sorry you had to go through that. Divorce him and move on. You're a USC and a big girl, so move back where you are familiar with the area and rebuild your life.

5/2/14 - Marriage to USC (Australian citizen on E-3 visa)

6/20/14 (Day 0): AOS package received at Chicago Lockbox
6/24/14 (Day 4): Text notification of receipt (I-130, I-131 and I-765 "Initial Review", I-485 "Accepted")
6/30/14 (Day 10): Received NOAs and biometrics notice for 7/24
7/7/14 (Day 17): Walk-in biometrics at Pittsburgh ASC
7/30/14 (Day 40): Email update: I-485 has moved to "Testing and Interview" stage

8/20/13 (Day 61): Text notification: I-131 and I-765 approved, "Card Production" status

8/28/14 (Day 69): Text notification: EAD/AP card mailed

8/29/14 (Day 70): EAD/AP card received

9/10/14 (Day 82): Text msg of case update - interview date notice mailed

10/16/14 (Day 118): Interview - approved. Text update of "card production" status
10/20/14 (Day 122): Received welcome letter

10/23/14 (Day 125): Received green card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.